Eddie Alvarez tells how dirty Joe Silva was

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought wow this one must of went over Joe’s Head. Joe’s 4 foot, a lot of things do.

<{you!}>

Made my day right there.

I thought it just derailed his point. If he was trying to describe that Silva was discouraging, perhaps capricious, I could see that being a valid criticism. But he soon seems to leave that by the wayside to hammer the point that "He's short, he's short, he's short," which makes Alvarez look bad, not Silva.

014_Joe_Silva_angry-ufc.jpg

Ok ok .... so I am in the restaurant of a hotel a few weeks after the Anthony Pettis fight eating by myself and next to me is Joe Silva with a group of buddies and I believe Sean Shelby they are having some drinks. I never interacted with Joe but I took the time to introduce (myself). Next I ask who my next opponent could possibly be and half joking half serious ask for the champion if he’s available. Joe took the opportunity to tell me with the way I am fighting I’ll never get a title shot as long as he’s around, they all laugh.

At this point I am completely embarrassed, I want to hurt him but I just joined this promotion and this guy pretty much makes the rules. The funny part was he was standing and I could of swore he was fully seated. So I took the high road and went to my room in a rage. I get a call a few weeks later from Dana not Joe asking for the RDA fight. I thought wow this one must of went over Joe’s Head. Joe’s 4 foot, a lot of things do. So I get the fight I wanted and Joe didn’t want. I KO RDA and win the world title in the 1st round. As I make my out of the ring and in the back guess who is the first guy standing there? Yes Joe. No congrats, no good job just a bitter angry small little man. I said nothing, nothing needed to be communicated, I just wink. Success is how you destroy your enemies.

don't fucking bother people with work shit when they are out drinking

also, if his answers frighten you cease asking scary questions

Didn’t Joe Silva get his start on the sherdog forums? I know he was some sort of internet analyst before he got hired by the UFC right?

Yeah...

Joe is no saint obviously, but if you're going to ask for a title shot with a 2-1 record with the loss being decisive and the wins being questionable (not to mention boring as fuck) then be prepared to be shot down.

This honestly sounds like a Dana line, and honestly it it was him who said it, no one would be bothered by it, because it's basically commonplace.

All the credit in the world to Eddie for mollywhopping RDA, who was sizzling hot at the time, but his road there was mediocre at best. The division was going through a transitional phase at that exact moment.

I thought it just derailed his point. If he was trying to describe that Silva was discouraging, perhaps capricious, I could see that being a valid criticism. But he soon seems to leave that by the wayside to hammer the point that "He's short, he's short, he's short," which makes Alvarez look bad, not Silva.
I just thought it was just funny, guy.

Funnily enough Napolean in actuality was taller than both Joe and Eddie. So don't blame him!
He's not as short as they said he was but IIRC still short; he was claimed to be 5'2 but was actually 5'5 which was average back then but manlet territory by today's standards

Usually when someone wrongs you you'll zero in on an obvious flaw of theirs. So here Eddie is just venting his frustration with Joe by picking on his height.

Eddie is 5’8 on a good day and has had an amazing career. Talking about Joe Silva being bitter small man while sounding exactly alike...

<LikeReally5>

maxresdefault-19.jpg

Usually when someone wrongs you you'll zero in on an obvious flaw of theirs. So here Eddie is just venting his frustration with Joe by picking on his height.

Shouldn't the relevant flaw be that he did wrong?
As I said to another poster, it depends on the purpose of these comments. If you think he's just venting frustration, okay, I guess it worked for him.

Victims make for the worst villains/abusers ever. Look no further than joe silva. Probably a loser before his stint. Anyway, he's gone now. Fuck that motherfucker. So many fighters have been through a lot because of him.

Silva was the one who started the ridicule. Eddie is just giving him a taste of his own medicine. And bringing up his height is relevant, he's pointing out that Silva is a small weak man who can only act tough in a corporate ladder setting surrounded by peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back