Eddie Alvarez tells how dirty Joe Silva was

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real pandemic: Manlets in positions of power... <{hughesimpress}>

bc5f08a157cd64aeadfda81997a9fab5.jpg
Lmao, look at his smirk! He's probably pulling a Conrad and getting a boner at weigh in's!

Joe Silva was right, alvarez did not deserve a title shot after 1 loss and 2 wins by split decisions in the UFC.
And the two guys he beat, Melendez and Pettis, did not look impressive afterwards either. Easily the least impressive run to a UFC LW title shot of the last decade. I think he only got it since he came over from Bellator and had a bigly inflated contract so the UFC didn't want to pay him for a seven fight win streak, better to throw him in the deep end and see if he sinks or swims.

Sounds like Silva was the merit ranking guy and Dana was the money fights guy.
I do think the matchmaking has gotten worse in recent years though we can't know if that's related to Joe Silva. These days it feels like fighters in the top 10 get constantly matched up against each other despite being on losing streaks while guys outside the top 10 build up massive win streaks and we get big log jams like at LW where you have multiple fighters on huge win streaks.

Last edited:
uh....

do you remember how Eddie looked in his first few UFC fights?

he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire

A questionable start doesn't necessarily mean you suck. A number of belt holders got a rocky start.

Joe Silva is a fucking puke. He was a darling to the TUF noob generation.

I am objective, he didn't deserve the title shot, he got his lucky punch win, then got destroyed and went to One FC.
Eddie had a lot of success in the ufc, he beat how many former champs and won the belt? He beat the guy that just fought for the belt recently. He left on his own terms, he got a better contact with one.

Yeah I don't see how that makes Silva "dirty"
yeah, probably not "dirty".

more like "asshole who uses his position of power to talk down to and condescend people who could stomp the shit out of him".

not saying he couldn't express his opinion, but there's a difference between giving constructive criticism and being a dick.

it also makes no sense because win or lose, Eddie put on some exciting fights. if the interaction was real, it really comes of as Joe being a total cunt for no reason. maybe to show off or something.

Well it doesn't excuse his rudeness to Eddie but when you are a guy that 500 fighters are trying to get something out of being an asshole may be unavoidable.

eh, he could have just said "honestly i'm not sure. just trying to enjoy my meal man".

If I were him, I just wouldn't answer anything outside of the formal channels of communication.

this story just makes me think Eddy Alvarez has thin skin and is a drama queen.

Says a sherdogger who probably doesn't have a job.

Otherwise you'd know what it would feel like to be embarrassed by a loud mouth in a higher position, who only feels and acts tough because of his position and is nothing without it.

Alvarez sounds very truthful about this story because he is putting away all of his pride by admitting that this evil little man embarrassed him publically. Thankfully he got the last laugh.

Dude worked at an arcade before he got to the UFC. Dude needs to get off his low horse and be a bit more humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back