Elections Ed O'Neill ask to return his honorary degree to Youngstown .

I am a huge Sunny fan.
This is the last season of Curb and wish we could have gotten another season out of Funkhouser.
RIP Bob Epstein, AKA Super Dave.

NSFW but this is Apex Funkhouser and the best part is looked like Jerry had no idea of the punch line. I laugh every time I watch it.

Never heard of this show. I miss Super Dave.

Bro I remember when they neutered TMNT II because in the original good TMNT movie the Turtles actually used their weapons. So then not only was TMNT II a terrible movie, but you had the turtles get stuck in a rope net and Leonardo had 2 swords on his back.

- Lord Zedd was a scary, badass villain, but got made in a stupid generic villain. Same as Goldar.

When the Christian right had power they liked censorship. However the past few decades the woke left has had power and now they are huge fans of it. Doesn't change the fact that the people who would be taking the show off major networks today is the woke left. And I don't see how you can even say they were censored when the show aired the whole time.
Funny you should say that.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/12/17100496/political-correctness-data

"Support for free speech is rising, and is higher among liberals and college graduates."

No, you're really not. Boiling down MWC as a life lesson to not be married with children because it sucks, is some bitter incel shit.

- Married with Children was about a regular guy, that had his days of glory, and now was a salles shoe man, but All Still loved his family. He even played against the devil and chose his family.

MWC didnt fear make fun at people on whatnever side, and @ColemanwastheGOAT is right. They would never make a show like this today. Make Always Sunny nad Cobra Kai. But comedy used to be about pushing those buttons. MWC was over the toip, but still had human characters.

Now i am old, i get why my dad liked to watch MWC and According to Jim. He could seen himself on those characters. He played pranks on me and my brother, but still loved us.

- Married with Children was about a regular guy, that had his days of glory, and now was a salles shoe man, but All Still loved his family. He even played against the devil and chose his family.

MWC didnt fear make fun at people on whatnever side, and @ColemanwastheGOAT is right. They would never make a show like this today. Make Always Sunny nad Cobra Kai. But comedy used to be about pushing those buttons. MWC was over the toip, but still had human characters.

Now i am old, i get why my dad liked to watch MWC and According to Jim. He could seen himself on those characters. He played pranks on me and my brother, but still loved us.
According to Jim was a great show that didn't get enough credit.

It did jump the shark for a season or two(Seven especially), but it came back from that. Jefferson, even though he was like an emergency replacement for Steve, really came into his own after he got settled in.

The show had a few growing pains throughout the years that they overcame. Like, if you watch the very first season, it's mostly just a generic family sitcom, with some nuggets of what it would become. Al was a working stiff with very few "Bundy-like" qualities. Peggy was typical sitcom wife and mother, and the kids were comedy relief, but fairly normal. It wasn't until the second season where they really found their footing, and amplified the elements that made it stand out.

- He was my favorite character on the show. A gigolo, CIA assassin, charming, good-looking, but still poke fun at himself.

Now Trump supporters are going after a guy who they consistently quoted. A guy who chosen to wait for his black belt in BJJ to actually earn it. Now they are not happy he making a statement over his beliefs.
He doesn't pass the purity test.

If you believe that Jan. 6th was anything less than the most catastrophic event the planet has ever seen, including the chicxulub impact, then you're a denier.
The OP misconstrued the man's label. He was an election denier. He voted as a Representative against ratifying the results of the election.

That is an understandably concerning point on a résumé. It's an indefensible, anti-democratic act. I don't think those who oppose his appointment, and wish to draw attention to it, are making a case without merit.

He is giving back an honorary degree. Come on, this is a joke.
I don't follow. He didn't earn the degree so I don't see the negative of giving it back.

They gave him a degree that he didn't earn. It directly affiliates him with their institution. If he doesn't want that affiliation then he should give back the affiliation that they manufactured. It's not like he earned the degree or petitioned/sought it out.

I think it about like a company that puts famous people on their board of directors because it looks good for the company. If the famous person no longer supports the company, they should leave the board of directors. I think that shows consistency of character.

Ed O'Neill asked for Youngstown to return his degree after they appointed a Jan 6 denier to President Bill Johnson. Bill Johnson pay will double with this appointement. The university he called this action a slap in the face after he was rewarded an honorary degree.

"He attended Youngstown but never finished after he got invited to try outs a Pittsburgh Steelers. He said in interview this man is completely against pretty much everything he represents.

"Actor Ed O’Neill, best known for his roles in “Married with Children” and “Modern Family,” tells MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell that he can’t keep his honorary degree from his alma mater Youngstown State University because it “doesn’t mean anything" now that the school has appointed Trump loyalist Rep. Bill Johnson as its president."

Obviously, there is only one fair and reasonable course of action to take.

Give both men a Full Training Camp and let them settle it in the Cage!

(I've got O'Neill by Armbar in the 2nd ;))

More like flintlocks at ten paces seems more equal.

Nah, it would look like Couture vs. Toney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back