Elections Ed O'Neill ask to return his honorary degree to Youngstown .

been watching news radio on prime recently, forgot how good it was, hartman was amazing.

I've been seeing Shorts on You Tube from Phil Hartman and I forgot how good he was to.....to bad his wife was such a crazy bitch.
Dude was unbelievably funny. Huge loss. Fuck that bitch wife of his.

I've been seeing Shorts on You Tube from Phil Hartman and I forgot how good he was to.....to bad his wife was such a crazy bitch.
We watch Jingle all the Way every Christmas and every year I think to myself, we lost Phil Hartman way too soon. Guy had such a range. Then every year after watching the movie, I end up doing a YouTube deep dive on his SNL stuff. He was so good.

I get his point.

It's an institution of higher learning appointing someone to the highest position of the school and that person opposes the basic facts of our last presidential election.

We watch Jingle all the Way every Christmas and every year I think to myself, we lost Phil Hartman way too soon. Guy had such a range. Then every year after watching the movie, I end up doing a YouTube deep dive on his SNL stuff. He was so good.
He had so many on SNL that were great from his Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer to the Anal Retentive Chef....Always makes me laugh and yeah we lost him way to soon.

Also you mentioned the point of the show going over people's heads. This is how you can tell who watched and understood the show, much like every offensive sitcom that offered consistent social critiques. Like how Al always inevitably follows his conscience and does the right thing, even when it costs him advancement, or the chance to have affairs. If he realizes he has to trample someone else to get there, he wont do it. Even while insulting that person. This is similar to how people now celebrate the characters of Archie Bunker and George Jefferson, while the entire point of the shows was them confronting and then overcoming their bigotry.
Nah. Al Bundy was not very layered, like Archie or George. He was a lovable loser, whom at best, you could say was a loyal husband and caring father at the end of the day, but that's about it. He was a miserable selfish asshole(a hilarious one), taking his grievances out on the world. There are no real profound life lessons in MWC, or character growth for that matter. That's part of what made it great. It was unapologetically crass, with little if any time spent on lecturing the audience and trying to teach them something with the material. It was comedy in it's purest form.

When did it jump the shark? When they adopted Seven? Before that? Ted McGinley?

Nah. Al Bundy was not very layered, like Archie or George. He was a lovable loser, whom at best, you could say was a loyal husband and caring father at the end of the day, but that's about it. He was a miserable selfish asshole(a hilarious one), taking his grievances out on the world. There are no real profound life lessons in MWC, or character growth for that matter. That's part of what made it great. It was unapologetically crass, with little if any time spent on lecturing the audience and trying to teach them something with the material. It was comedy in it's purest form.

And it would get cancelled so fucking fast if it came out nowadays. Cancel Culture tends to eradicate all the best things about comedy. It's supposed to be politically incorrect and full of exaggeration. We're supposed to poke fun at each other. How many comedians get heckled by some woke douchebag in the audience over the most trivial jokes now?

You can argue all day who is a better President. but it always amuses me when people shit on Trump or Biden as an individual and somehow overlook the other guy being a piece of shit too simply because they agree with them politically. both of them are shitty humans

And it would get cancelled so fucking fast if it came out nowadays.
I would imagine so, given that it's live action and the main character is a white, brash, homophobic, "fatphobic" sexist male, and it would be all to real for the blue hair brigade, but South Park still existing gives me pause. Sometimes comedy does outweigh politics. However, the only shows really getting away with it these days(to the extreme that MWC did), are animated shows.

When did it jump the shark? When they adopted Seven? Before that? Ted McGinley?
It did jump the shark for a season or two(Seven especially), but it came back from that. Jefferson, even though he was like an emergency replacement for Steve, really came into his own after he got settled in.

The show had a few growing pains throughout the years that they overcame. Like, if you watch the very first season, it's mostly just a generic family sitcom, with some nuggets of what it would become. Al was a working stiff with very few "Bundy-like" qualities. Peggy was typical sitcom wife and mother, and the kids were comedy relief, but fairly normal. It wasn't until the second season where they really found their footing, and amplified the elements that made it stand out.

Married with children was hated by the right when it was on. They tried to take it off. It was seen as mean spirited and anti marriage. Which is true. The whole point of the show was to show how being married with children sucks and it taught millions of kids and teenagers that.
Yup, so was the Simpsons. To them, Bill Cosby was the perfect TV role model.

The barber episode alone would melt these clowns today.

"You look like a fruit, Al."

"I say we go out, find a fire hydrant, we turn that sucker on and wash the gay away!"

Lmao. So funny seeing them try to pretend they'd support that.

Married with children was hated by the right when it was on. They tried to take it off. It was seen as mean spirited and anti marriage. Which is true. The whole point of the show was to show how being married with children sucks and it taught millions of kids and teenagers that.

And now it would be the left doing that. You became what you hated.

Yup, so was the Simpsons. To them, Bill Cosby was the perfect TV role model.
Yeah, let's not pretend that either side were a bunch of flag burning hippies in those days, and totally weren't working in tandem to stifle potentially offensive content in the arts. Tipper Gore and Hillary Clinton say hi.

That is such a blatant lie. Horrible rewriting of history.

Damn, Al Bundy was something else and he seemed cool in the old Gracie interviews but this is just so petty.

Hilarious how a trust fund baby turned TV actor who is a tub of jelly, and can hardly pronounce basic words at times is qualified to run "the free world," but a much better TV actor who literally went from nothing to being worth millions (without having to pilfer from his Daddy), competed with f*ckin Mean Joe Green for a spot on the Steelers , practices Jiu Jitsu, and pretty much everyone respects, with no weird sexual scandals or accusations is suddenly a know-nothing Hollywood Lib Cultist because he doesnt like Trump.
He is giving back an honorary degree. Come on, this is a joke.

Back