Elections Ed O'Neill ask to return his honorary degree to Youngstown .

You're not. MWC was generally hated by the left. A journalist even went as far as comparing the audience to a KKK meeting.
A conservative activist managed to get it thrown off the air for a bit for the reasons i mentioned

It's funny how people look back at shows like this with rose-colored glasses, like uppity pearl-clutchers applauded along with everyone else as opposed to organizing boycotts to try to get the show banned. And not just some angry viewer, but the wife of a prominent international politician, and a member of the Romney family lol

Also you mentioned the point of the show going over people's heads. This is how you can tell who watched and understood the show, much like every offensive sitcom that offered consistent social critiques. Like how Al always inevitably follows his conscience and does the right thing, even when it costs him advancement, or the chance to have affairs. If he realizes he has to trample someone else to get there, he wont do it. Even while insulting that person. This is similar to how people now celebrate the characters of Archie Bunker and George Jefferson, while the entire point of the shows was them confronting and then overcoming their bigotry.
Apparently people have a hard time remembering conservative councils were a thing even up to the 90s. Remember they were a still a thing when the janet jackson halftime show happened? Remember republicans flipping out and holding hearings about it?

Apparently people have a hard time remembering conservative councils were a thing even up to the 90s. Remember they were a still a thing when the janet jackson halftime show happened? Remember republicans flipping out and holding hearings about it?

"You knew!"

Bro I remember when they neutered TMNT II because in the original good TMNT movie the Turtles actually used their weapons. So then not only was TMNT II a terrible movie, but you had the turtles get stuck in a rope net and Leonardo had 2 swords on his back.

What is a "January 6 denier", and what are the criteria to meet that label?

It did jump the shark for a season or two(Seven especially), but it came back from that. Jefferson, even though he was like an emergency replacement for Steve, really came into his own after he got settled in.

The show had a few growing pains throughout the years that they overcame. Like, if you watch the very first season, it's mostly just a generic family sitcom, with some nuggets of what it would become. Al was a working stiff with very few "Bundy-like" qualities. Peggy was typical sitcom wife and mother, and the kids were comedy relief, but fairly normal. It wasn't until the second season where they really found their footing, and amplified the elements that made it stand out.
I had to go back and watch Season 1 Ep 1, just to remember.
It was interesting, felt a little stiff, like they were all trying to find a groove and settle into character. Al had more of an accent than he had in later seasons (sounded like a New Jersey guy, kind of).
They definitely weren’t typical. I was reminded how different I thought it was from anything I’d ever seen when I first watched it.
Bud ratting on his sister for being a Ho as Al fed him bills for the info. Al and Peg basically just insulting each other the whole time, then getting all turned on after corrupting their newlywed neighbors with the reality of married life. Funny stuff.
Yeah, I think that kid Seven is when it stopped being funny. I actually liked Jefferson. I know him being the sitcom killer was a trope back then, but he was way better than douchey Steve. Dammit, now I’m going to have to watch the first few seasons.

It's his right to do this.
Not something I would do but it's up to him. I don't care about this guy and him being a Trump supporter.

Politics are an all out war now so I know the democrats will pull every trick they think they can get awayth with legal or not.

So I don't trust any voting that is not completely out in the open with oversight by both democrats and Republicans at the same time. Then I only trust it just a little.

Headline - C-List celebrity throws away a meaningless degree he didn't earn, but he was awarded.

As useless as Obama's Nobel Peace Prize.

You can argue all day who is a better President. but it always amuses me when people shit on Trump or Biden as an individual and somehow overlook the other guy being a piece of shit too simply because they agree with them politically. both of them are shitty humans
It's sleight of hand by both parties to pin all their failings on one person, the ultimate scapegoat tactic. These past two presidentd have been used as a lightning rod because their parties know they both are disliked.

Especially Biden, I don't know how anyone can call Biden anything but a hollow puppet. He's even more of a puppet than Bush Jr.

the parents television council called it the most anti family show on tv. It was headed by conservative activist brent bozell. Whose son funny enough was convicted of storming the capital.
When the Christian right had power they liked censorship. However the past few decades the woke left has had power and now they are huge fans of it. Doesn't change the fact that the people who would be taking the show off major networks today is the woke left. And I don't see how you can even say they were censored when the show aired the whole time.

Back