• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Television ECHO (Official Trailer, post #52; Premieres Jan. 10)

Who are all these no name characters they keep bringing out?

I was an avid comic book collector as a kid and never heard of any of these.

Saw a fight scene and hope it wasn’t final product ..it was terrible.
Think I saw the same clip. There’s a part in the fight scene where Echo is about to kick DD and she basically leaves her leg suspended with a very noticeable delay before she brings it down. Did not look smooth at all

More I see of this show it seems obvious D'Onofrio/Kingpin is carrying the whole thing.

Saw a fight scene and hope it wasn’t final product ..it was terrible.

Even if it is the final version, I'll take that over 9/10 of the other fight scenes American film produces. Quick cuts, jarring camera angles, intercut CGI... I'll take a long cut (or, even better, a one-take / no cut) fight scene any day over that crap, even if it is flawed.

Even if it is the final version, I'll take that over 9/10 of the other fight scenes American film produces. Quick cuts, jarring camera angles, intercut CGI... I'll take a long cut (or, even better, a one-take / no cut) fight scene any day over that crap, even if it is flawed.

That particular scene is worse than pro rasslin' when strikes are feet away from landing. The rasslin' is live and is usually done in one take, what happens, happens.

If that fight scene stayed that way all the way to release, it's hot garbage and those involved shouldn't be making shows that involve any sort of fighting. There's strikes thrown that are obviously way off from any sort of believable contact. Like negative impact. If the show is going to feature shadow boxing and air fights, it needs all the quick cuts, jarring camera angles, and CGI possible to make it look like an actual fight.. Not two people whiffing air at one another.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand on top of that.. This is the Daredevil from the Netflix show, which had great fighting scenes. It's like Disney's head is so far up it's own ass that it didn't even bother trying to duplicate the successful formula from that Daredevil show. Which would make sense considering the MCU is in a tailspin.. And it doesn't have to be.

That particular scene is worse than pro rasslin' when strikes are feet away from landing. The rasslin' is live and is usually done in one take, what happens, happens.

If that fight scene stayed that way all the way to release, it's hot garbage and those involved shouldn't be making shows that involve any sort of fighting. There's strikes thrown that are obviously way off from any sort of believable contact. Like negative impact. If the show is going to feature shadow boxing and air fights, it needs all the quick cuts, jarring camera angles, and CGI possible to make it look like an actual fight.. Not two people whiffing air at one another.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand on top of that.. This is the Daredevil from the Netflix show, which had great fighting scenes. It's like Disney's head is so far up it's own ass that it didn't even bother trying to duplicate the successful formula from that Daredevil show. Which would make sense considering the MCU is in a tailspin.. And it doesn't have to be.

I'll still respect the intent, even if the end result leaves much to be desired. I'd rather watch then fail at something great than succeed at something mediocre. Of course, succeeding at something great is the best course of action, that goes without saying.

The hallway fight in DD season 1 is the best fight in any Marvel production, hands down. Every time they tried to replicate it they came up short.

I really, really hope the leaked DD/Echo fight scene is just a rough cut and they significantly improve on it before release. The choreography is shockingly bad, with both fighters reacting to punches and kicks that clearly don't come close to landing. Reminded me of the infamous scene in Godfather where Sonny throws a punch that misses Carlo by at least six inches, and the latter reacts like he's eaten a shot by Prime Tyson. :rolleyes:

I know the actress who plays Echo has an artificial leg, which accounts for her kicks being slow and telegraphed. She deserves respect for attempting fight scenes in the first place. But much of the fight takes place in semi-darkness, so they could have replaced her with a stunt double, especially in the longer shots. The scene where she holds her leg in the air for a couple of seconds before kicking at DD made me wince.

Especially frustrating since Cox has already proven time and again he can deliver great fight scenes. as well as absolutely nail the character of Matt Murdoch. While it won't be as bad as the steaming pile of dog-shit that was She Hulk, Cox will probably still be wasted in this.

I'll watch, but really only for D'Onofrio.

Last edited:
I'll still respect the intent, even if the end result leaves much to be desired. I'd rather watch then fail at something great than succeed at something mediocre. Of course, succeeding at something great is the best course of action, that goes without saying.

The hallway fight in DD season 1 is the best fight in any Marvel production, hands down. Every time they tried to replicate it they came up short.

I respectfully disagree. While the hallway scene was GOAT-level, the elevator fight and Steve vs Bucky in Winter Soldier were just as good.

Watched the first episode. It was good enough to get me back. A lot of flashbacks mixed in with scenes from Hawkeye. The now infamous fight scene with Daredevil is in there, and I still don't hate it.

More I see of this show it seems obvious D'Onofrio/Kingpin is carrying the whole thing.
I have to agree so far. He is back on point from the Netflix series.

Show so far is much better than all the other Disney MCU offering at least.

DD was a nice addition but he definitely felt watered down some. The fight scene didn’t measure up to the Netflix stuff but wasn’t completely horrendous

Watched the first two episodes.

- First episode was solid, even with the amount of backstory they had to cram in, with several call backs to/scenes from Hawkeye.

- Fisk doesn't have a lot of scenes, but D'Onofrio steals every one of them without breaking a sweat. The scene where he walks through a crowd of cops and they stand aside rather than arrest Maya is Cool AF.:cool:

- The actress playing Maya looks like she's been on the Gina Carino Diet. Which might account for her lack of speed in the fight scenes. The fight with Daredevil isn't quite as bad as the one that was leaked, due to sound effects and better lighting and cutting. But it's not up to Netflix standard.

- Episode 2 was a backward step, with no Fisk scenes at all. Yes, I know the series is supposed to be about Maya/Echo, but come on: we're all here to see Daredevil and Kingpin.

- The Indian ball game was quite cool. Looked a bit like Shinty. Only less violent. ;)

- Too much Dances With Wolves shit, especially in episode 2, and not enough action. Not sure how I feel about the change in Maya's powers from the comics. But since they already fucked up Taskmaster so bad, maybe it's better she doesn't have Photographic Reflexes.

6/10 for the first two episodes. And 5 of those are for D'Onofrio and Cox's scenes.

@Rob Battisti remember we discussed in one of the MCU threads last year how Marvel should do a Phase that's focussed on Street Level Heroes, with Kingpin as the Big Bad? According to rumour, that's exactly what Marvel has planned, with the showrunner for Echo referring to D'Onofrio's Kingpin as the, "Thanos for street-level heroes".

BRB, just suing Disney for stealing my ideas.;)

@Rob Battisti remember we discussed in one of the MCU threads last year how Marvel should do a Phase that's focussed on Street Level Heroes, with Kingpin as the Big Bad? According to rumour, that's exactly what Marvel has planned, with the showrunner for Echo referring to D'Onofrio's Kingpin as the, "Thanos for street-level heroes".

That’s the way.

Get him behind the scenes on it all and then throw all the street level heros at him.

I’m more than fine with having Daredevil be the “Iron Man” of the street heros.

Just take my money.

That’s the way.

Get him behind the scenes on it all and then throw all the street level heros at him.

I’m more than fine with having Daredevil be the “Iron Man” of the street heros.

From what I've been hearing, they're going to adapt the story arc from the comics where Fisk becomes Mayor of NYC. He then uses his influence to outlaw, "vigilantes", and the NYPD go after heroes like Daredevil.

If they do it justice, I'm all in. D'Onofrio's brilliant in the role, and Wilson Fisk is one of the very few Big Bads that Marvel got right.

From what I've been hearing, they're going to adapt the story arc from the comics where Fisk becomes Mayor of NYC. He then uses his influence to outlaw, "vigilantes", and the NYPD go after heroes like Daredevil.

If they do it justice, I'm all in. D'Onofrio's brilliant in the role, and Wilson Fisk is one of the very few Big Bads that Marvel did right.
*Netflix did right*

Idk WHAT Marvel will do.

Back