Easy explanation to why Khabib is UFC GOAT.

Here is the problem with your points about GSP.

1. GSP was given a title shot very early in his third UFC fight and 8th career fight overall vs the WW goat at the time. Khabib was given a title shot in his 26th fight and 10th UFC fight. Khabib was far more experienced and developed than GSP was. If Khabib was given a shot at Ben Henderson in 2013 in his 3rd fight it's very likely he loses that as well considering the close fight he had with Tibau.

2. GSP very very clearly avenged both losses to Hughes 2x and Serra by domination. What those losses say more than anything is GSP was still underdeveloped as a fighter vs Huhges and once developed 2 and 3 years later he dominated Hughes. Serra was just one of those things that happen in MMA, he got caught.

3. If GSP lost to Hendricks then Khabib lost to Tibau.

4. Khabib walked away in his prime without facing tougher potential fights. I mean he pretty much only faced strikers with very limited ground games. He never fought Ferguson, and you have Chandler a very good wrestler in along with Olivera and other very good grappling contenders moving up like Ferreira.

5. Yes he does need more defenses. The more time a champion spends at the top, the more it is difficult to continue winning. Every fight the chance of losing increases because there are new challengers coming up with different threats. Also, as a champion moves on future contenders begin to see parts of their game they can beat them at and strategize around it from prior fights. Jones was super dominant but as he moved on the fights started to get closer and closer as he was getting figured out. And there are some fighters with very capable grappling moving up. By no means a given he beats everyone.

Other than that, GSP is very far ahead of Khabib in the goat rankings.

1. 10 title defenses. Yes! That does matter, it means he was at the top much longer and faced better competition.
2. Moved up to MW and won the title up there.
3. 13 title fight wins vs 4.
4. Far more top 10 and top 5 wins.

1. Jones
2. Anderson/GSP
4. Fedor

Then you got Aldo, Cruz, Khabib, etc.
Oh darn, didn't see this, far more organized than my own version

Reactions: JKS
Never cut, never bled, never looked gassed, never really challenged. Made ranked opposition look amateur.

The most dominant MMA fighter of all time. Jones should be happy he's retiring. If Khabib moved up and started racking up victories at WW with the same dominance, there would be no discussion who the GOAT is. As it stands, Khabib is the GOAT in many people's eyes simply because we've never seen someone make it look so easy.

Khabib could have ended up GOAT for sure, but he needed to have a lot more title defenses, you compare the numbers to Silva, GSP, Jones and he's not close.

Never cut, never bled, never looked gassed, never really challenged. Made ranked opposition look amateur.

The most dominant MMA fighter of all time. Jones should be happy he's retiring. If Khabib moved up and started racking up victories at WW with the same dominance, there would be no discussion who the GOAT is. As it stands, Khabib is the GOAT in many people's eyes simply because we've never seen someone make it look so easy.

His title run was short af. Won his title against Al Laquinta who was ranked 10th at the time. Never even considered a move up to WW where Usman, Edwards, Khamzat and Colby would wreck him. Also never fought his hardest matchup at lightweight in Ferguson. Cleary behind GSP, Jones, Fedor and Silva for Goat status and its not even close, smh.

#1 ranked LHW losing to a ultimate fighter who happened to fight part time while being a full time cop.LOL.

Yup and that guy went on to become champ, then Shogun got 2 finishes before arguably winning a decision against the undefeated karate master before KOing him to become the champ. Fuck off retard.

Let me begin this by saying I've been a GSP fan from the beginning. I love JJ as well and have always supported him.

GSP lost his first title shot, got submitted and outclassed by Matt Hughes. Khabib has never been outclassed or beaten.

GSP was given a tittle shot with 4 fights in within a span of a year being in the UFC.It took Khabib almost 10 years and 9 fights to get a title fight. He has looked like a champion from the start and has made every opponent look like they don't belong in there with him.

GSP got knocked out to Matt Serra and lost his tittle. Khabib has never been KO'd or dropped or bled.

GSP walked away from the sport while he was in his prime and the WW division getting better than ever. He had new opponents that would give him a lot of trouble, like Usman and Colby. (Yes you could say Khabib is retiring early as well, but he has cleaned out the whole division and made everyone look like a regional amateur MMA fighter.)

GSP arguably lost the fight on the scorecards vs Hendricks.

I have Jon Jones #1 on my list but he loses all credibility by using PEDs and being the fakest person possible.

Jon Jones has also made a career out of beating up post-prime pride middleweights.

Jon Jones was beating middleweights half his size, looking mediocre vs people his size.

Jon Jones got sent to the hospital vs 1st Gus fight, possibly lost the fight on score cards. Possibly lost the fight against Reyes .Many people score it 3-2 Reyes. Goat? Yeah no. Popped hot for peds and been on drugs his whole career.

Khabib has never lost a round ,been beaten ,bled, looked lesser than his opponent.

Yes Khabib has 3 tittle defenses,but that doesnt mean anything. At the time Khabib came in RDA and Frankie Edgar was the champ. You are telling me Khabib wouldnt have beaten those guys at the time? He rag dolled RDA.

GOAT means dominance to me and I don't see any other fighter that is dominant as Khabib. He doesn't need 10 tittle defenses ,he has already cleared out everyone working up to the tittle.

DC explains this very well.

Fedor is the goat. Fedor basically got to 30-0 besides that illegal elbow cut from TK. That was at HW.

Any of those HW even the bums could ko khabib . I like Khabib but we have to be serious.

HW is the the top of all divisions simply because of the danger of being ko with any single punch.

Neither Colby or Usman were in the ufc when GSP retired from ww.

His title run was short af. Won his title against Al Laquinta who was ranked 10th at the time. Never even considered a move up to WW where Usman, Edwards, Khamzat and Colby would wreck him. Also never fought his hardest matchup at lightweight in Ferguson. Cleary behind GSP, Jones, Fedor and Silva for Goat status and its not even close, smh.

Why move up to a worse division? The biggest fights were in LW up until now. If he had continued his career with his Father still in his corner there's no doubt in my mind he moves to WW and starts terrorizing there too. There just was no point to it before.

I'm a fan of Khabib. I'm also a fan of GSP. If Khabib wants this fight it needs to happen at WW. Khabib needs to beat GSP in the weight class he dominated in.

So if Khamzat retired right now, would he be the goat? He’s been far more impressive, won every minute of every fight he’s been in, and finished all challengers. Based on your logic Khamzat should be ranked higher than Khabib.
Khamzat could potentially retire with under 20 wins and be the GOAT, using Khabib fanboy logic.

Let me begin this by saying I've been a GSP fan from the beginning. I love JJ as well and have always supported him.

GSP lost his first title shot, got submitted and outclassed by Matt Hughes. Khabib has never been outclassed or beaten.

GSP was given a tittle shot with 4 fights in within a span of a year being in the UFC.It took Khabib almost 10 years and 9 fights to get a title fight. He has looked like a champion from the start and has made every opponent look like they don't belong in there with him.

GSP got knocked out to Matt Serra and lost his tittle. Khabib has never been KO'd or dropped or bled.

GSP walked away from the sport while he was in his prime and the WW division getting better than ever. He had new opponents that would give him a lot of trouble, like Usman and Colby. (Yes you could say Khabib is retiring early as well, but he has cleaned out the whole division and made everyone look like a regional amateur MMA fighter.)

GSP arguably lost the fight on the scorecards vs Hendricks.

I have Jon Jones #1 on my list but he loses all credibility by using PEDs and being the fakest person possible.

Jon Jones has also made a career out of beating up post-prime pride middleweights.

Jon Jones was beating middleweights half his size, looking mediocre vs people his size.

Jon Jones got sent to the hospital vs 1st Gus fight, possibly lost the fight on score cards. Possibly lost the fight against Reyes .Many people score it 3-2 Reyes. Goat? Yeah no. Popped hot for peds and been on drugs his whole career.

Khabib has never lost a round ,been beaten ,bled, looked lesser than his opponent.

Yes Khabib has 3 tittle defenses,but that doesnt mean anything. At the time Khabib came in RDA and Frankie Edgar was the champ. You are telling me Khabib wouldnt have beaten those guys at the time? He rag dolled RDA.

GOAT means dominance to me and I don't see any other fighter that is dominant as Khabib. He doesn't need 10 tittle defenses ,he has already cleared out everyone working up to the tittle.

DC explains this very well.

Respect your right to an opinion

Clarification- gsp cleared out his division twice

You can campaign till you’re blue in the face, but no respectable authority on mma would proclaim Khabib as the greatest mma fighter ever.

Anderson's prime was during his UFC run and Fedors was in pride. GSP did well to stop fighting after he narrowly beat Hendricks as the WW were getting better
the point was ts saying gsp is disqualified as a goat for losing to Matt serra, just bringing up bias talking points

Khabib fought 8 times in 8 years. Never fought the best of his division except for his last 3 fights.

Gsp anderson and Jones and I’m only talking ufc. Jones has what 15 title defenses. Since he was 21.
khabib isn’t ahead of any of those guys in the ufc. Let alone fedor who had much better wins befire he tasted defeat last his prime.

Khabib is 31. Beat al iaquinta for his title. Compare that to the aforementioned.

I realize we live in a world of what is right at the moment. Social media has retarded the population and mma fans are experts just watching fights for a year or 5 or 10. It’s the only sport where you can be an expert with no perspective.

There is no logical place to say khabib is the goat of fighting. By resume. Top 10 wins. Longevity at a high level and stopping at 31.

to even attempt to say that shows your lack of knowledge on any type of prizefighting. 8 wins in 8 years. 3 or 4 title defenses. Never fought the best guys in his division on the way up or even for his title.

khabib is great. But you can’t call him a goat as he hasn’t proved it against the best of the best in a consistent basis.

it’s like if Delahoya retired at 30 and he’s the goat of boxing. That’s just absurd. Or Tyson if he retired at 28. It’s just absurd shit. I could go on and on and on.
Boxing fans have perspective and knowledge of the history of the sport.

Sherdog has a goat in every division every year. Despite the body of work and longevity of careers.

inonow I’m speaking to a crowd who’s watched in the upwards of dozens and dozens of fights and experts on fighting.

but this is just some guys opinion who has watched over 65 fights in my life. So I’m an expert on mma analysis.

Back