Easy explanation to why Khabib is UFC GOAT.

I still view JJ and GSP GOATs tho just have Khabib slightly above just based on sheer freak dominance that we haven't seen before

Yeah,lets talk about domination.

gsptapout_original.jpg

He avenged both of those losses in dominant fashion. It's MMA anyone can be beat. GSP went 13-2 in Title Fights. Khabib has only had 4 title fights.

Let me begin this by saying I've been a GSP fan from the beginning. I love JJ as well and have always supported him.

GSP lost his first title shot, got submitted and outclassed by Matt Hughes. Khabib has never been outclassed or beaten.

GSP was given a tittle shot with 4 fights in within a span of a year being in the UFC.It took Khabib almost 10 years and 9 fights to get a title fight. He has looked like a champion from the start and has made every opponent look like they don't belong in there with him.

GSP got knocked out to Matt Serra and lost his tittle. Khabib has never been KO'd or dropped or bled.

GSP walked away from the sport while he was in his prime and the WW division getting better than ever. He had new opponents that would give him a lot of trouble, like Usman and Colby. (Yes you could say Khabib is retiring early as well, but he has cleaned out the whole division and made everyone look like a regional amateur MMA fighter.)

GSP arguably lost the fight on the scorecards vs Hendricks.

I have Jon Jones #1 on my list but he loses all credibility by using PEDs and being the fakest person possible.

Jon Jones has also made a career out of beating up post-prime pride middleweights.

Jon Jones was beating middleweights half his size, looking mediocre vs people his size.

Jon Jones got sent to the hospital vs 1st Gus fight, possibly lost the fight on score cards. Possibly lost the fight against Reyes .Many people score it 3-2 Reyes. Goat? Yeah no. Popped hot for peds and been on drugs his whole career.

Khabib has never lost a round ,been beaten ,bled, looked lesser than his opponent.

Yes Khabib has 3 tittle defenses,but that doesnt mean anything. At the time Khabib came in RDA and Frankie Edgar was the champ. You are telling me Khabib wouldnt have beaten those guys at the time? He rag dolled RDA.

GOAT means dominance to me and I don't see any other fighter that is dominant as Khabib. He doesn't need 10 tittle defenses ,he has already cleared out everyone working up to the tittle.

DC explains this very well.

Here is the problem with your points about GSP.

1. GSP was given a title shot very early in his third UFC fight and 8th career fight overall vs the WW goat at the time. Khabib was given a title shot in his 26th fight and 10th UFC fight. Khabib was far more experienced and developed than GSP was. If Khabib was given a shot at Ben Henderson in 2013 in his 3rd fight it's very likely he loses that as well considering the close fight he had with Tibau.

2. GSP very very clearly avenged both losses to Hughes 2x and Serra by domination. What those losses say more than anything is GSP was still underdeveloped as a fighter vs Huhges and once developed 2 and 3 years later he dominated Hughes. Serra was just one of those things that happen in MMA, he got caught.

3. If GSP lost to Hendricks then Khabib lost to Tibau.

4. Khabib walked away in his prime without facing tougher potential fights. I mean he pretty much only faced strikers with very limited ground games. He never fought Ferguson, and you have Chandler a very good wrestler in along with Olivera and other very good grappling contenders moving up like Ferreira.

5. Yes he does need more defenses. The more time a champion spends at the top, the more it is difficult to continue winning. Every fight the chance of losing increases because there are new challengers coming up with different threats. Also, as a champion moves on future contenders begin to see parts of their game they can beat them at and strategize around it from prior fights. Jones was super dominant but as he moved on the fights started to get closer and closer as he was getting figured out. And there are some fighters with very capable grappling moving up. By no means a given he beats everyone.

Other than that, GSP is very far ahead of Khabib in the goat rankings.

1. 10 title defenses. Yes! That does matter, it means he was at the top much longer and faced better competition.
2. Moved up to MW and won the title up there.
3. 13 title fight wins vs 4.
4. Far more top 10 and top 5 wins.

1. Jones
2. Anderson/GSP
4. Fedor

Then you got Aldo, Cruz, Khabib, etc.

He avenged both of those losses in dominant fashion. It's MMA anyone can be beat.

Well that's what separate's Khabib from the rest, he has looked unbeatable from the beginning. The opponent we thought that would give him trouble got tapped like a white belt on the ground. While GSP,JJ and Anderson Silva all looked beatable/lost in their primes.

Yeah,lets talk about domination.

gsptapout_original.jpg

But GSP had longevity in the UFC as champ for so long.. Something Khabib is bailing on.. He says he is done.. GSP won 13 title fights. 13.. Khabib has won 4.. Also GSP jumped up and won the MW belt.. Much deeper resume..

Well that's what separate's Khabib from the rest, he has looked unbeatable from the beginning. The opponent we thought that would give him trouble got tapped like a white belt on the ground. While GSP,JJ and Anderson Silva all looked beatable/lost in their primes.
GSP went 13-2 in Title fights. Khabib has only had 4 Title Fights.

But GSP had longevity in the UFC as champ for so long.. Something Khabib is bailing on.. He says he is done.. GSP won 13 title fights. 13.. Khabib has won 4.. Also GSP jumped up and won the MW belt.. Much deeper resume..

We all know he will be back.. But to fight who? Tony? GSP who hasnt been fighting in years?

Anderson and Fedor are first. Agree with GSP though, he's automatically disqualified from the Goat rankings by losing to a 5'2 Journeyman

Losses don't disqualify you from being the GOAT..

Is Ali or Marciano the Boxing HW Goat? Seriously..

Losses don't disqualify you from being the GOAT..

Is Ali or Marciano the Boxing HW Goat? Seriously..
Someone who taps against a 5'2 journeyman could never be the Goat. He was also retired by Hendricks. GSP had no heart, couldn't finish his dinner and fought a ton of undersized WW like Bj Penn and Sean Sherk, Serra etc. Does that sound like the Goat?

Someone who taps against a 5'2 journeyman could never be the Goat. He was also retired by Hendricks. GSP had no heart, couldn't finish his dinner and fought a ton of undersized WW like Bj Penn and Sean Sherk, Serra etc. Does that sound like the Goat?

This.Not only that but after losing and getting emberassed he totally changed his style and became a boring decision fighter. Not to mention he walked away from the sport when USADA came in which is very suspicious because he spoke out against PED use,but then when stricter testing came in he walked away??? Wouldnt you want to stay around and prove your legacy while testing got stricter which makes it harder for his opponents to cheat and beat him??

Also ducked Anderon Silva for years.When a beatable opponent became a MW champ he came back from retirement because he knew it was a easy win. Why doesnt he come back now and fight Israel? I love GSP,im a fan,he is a great person but GSP had no heart you are right and he wouldnt take big fights.

Let me begin this by saying I've been a GSP fan from the beginning. I love JJ as well and have always supported him.

GSP lost his first title shot, got submitted and outclassed by Matt Hughes. Khabib has never been outclassed or beaten.

GSP was given a tittle shot with 4 fights in within a span of a year being in the UFC.It took Khabib almost 10 years and 9 fights to get a title fight. He has looked like a champion from the start and has made every opponent look like they don't belong in there with him.

GSP got knocked out to Matt Serra and lost his tittle. Khabib has never been KO'd or dropped or bled.

GSP walked away from the sport while he was in his prime and the WW division getting better than ever. He had new opponents that would give him a lot of trouble, like Usman and Colby. (Yes you could say Khabib is retiring early as well, but he has cleaned out the whole division and made everyone look like a regional amateur MMA fighter.)

GSP arguably lost the fight on the scorecards vs Hendricks.

I have Jon Jones #1 on my list but he loses all credibility by using PEDs and being the fakest person possible.

Jon Jones has also made a career out of beating up post-prime pride middleweights.

Jon Jones was beating middleweights half his size, looking mediocre vs people his size.

Jon Jones got sent to the hospital vs 1st Gus fight, possibly lost the fight on score cards. Possibly lost the fight against Reyes .Many people score it 3-2 Reyes. Goat? Yeah no. Popped hot for peds and been on drugs his whole career.

Khabib has never lost a round ,been beaten ,bled, looked lesser than his opponent.

Yes Khabib has 3 tittle defenses,but that doesnt mean anything. At the time Khabib came in RDA and Frankie Edgar was the champ. You are telling me Khabib wouldnt have beaten those guys at the time? He rag dolled RDA.

GOAT means dominance to me and I don't see any other fighter that is dominant as Khabib. He doesn't need 10 tittle defenses ,he has already cleared out everyone working up to the tittle.

DC explains this very well.

well said

Won 13 title fights
Jumped a class and won the MW Belt after 4 years off..

Yeah he is pretty good..

Won 13 title fights
Jumped a class and won the MW Belt after 4 years off..

Yeah he is pretty good..

Yeah after ducking Anderson Silva for years,came back to beat a fighter he knew he could easily beat..So good.. Why doesnt he fight Israel Adesanya then?

Every GOAT candidate has accomplishments in their favor, and determining which ones carry more weight is pretty much just personal preference.

I personally think Khabib is a close second to GSP, BUT only a fool would ignore that a 29 - 0 - 0 record--with only two rounds lost, the most 10 - 8 rounds of any GOAT candidate, and having never suffered a knockdown or a scratch--is an unprecedented feat.

"bUt 16 of tHoSE wiNS wErE non-UFC!!!!!"

Yeah, who gives a shit? Most of the greats have still suffered at least one loss on the regional scene or under non-UFC organizations, and adding a 13 win streak on top of it is a record no one has ever matched.

Yeah after ducking Anderson Silva for years,came back to beat a fighter he knew he could easily beat..So good.. Why doesnt he fight Israel Adesanya then?

Why doesn't Khabib fight at WW? Anyone at WW. Maybe he will wait for an easy fight as he sees it..

Anderson and Fedor are first. Agree with GSP though, he's automatically disqualified from the Goat rankings by losing to a 5'2 Journeyman
anderson lost to a guy with a 5–7–1 record.
Fedor is 5-5 fighting in the states

Back