Easy explanation to why Khabib is UFC GOAT.

5thDimensionMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let me begin this by saying I've been a GSP fan from the beginning. I love JJ as well and have always supported him.

GSP lost his first title shot, got submitted and outclassed by Matt Hughes. Khabib has never been outclassed or beaten.

GSP was given a tittle shot with 4 fights in within a span of a year being in the UFC.It took Khabib almost 10 years and 9 fights to get a title fight. He has looked like a champion from the start and has made every opponent look like they don't belong in there with him.

GSP got knocked out to Matt Serra and lost his tittle. Khabib has never been KO'd or dropped or bled.

GSP walked away from the sport while he was in his prime and the WW division getting better than ever. He had new opponents that would give him a lot of trouble, like Usman and Colby. (Yes you could say Khabib is retiring early as well, but he has cleaned out the whole division and made everyone look like a regional amateur MMA fighter.)

GSP arguably lost the fight on the scorecards vs Hendricks.

I have Jon Jones #1 on my list but he loses all credibility by using PEDs and being the fakest person possible.

Jon Jones has also made a career out of beating up post-prime pride middleweights.

Jon Jones was beating middleweights half his size, looking mediocre vs people his size.

Jon Jones got sent to the hospital vs 1st Gus fight, possibly lost the fight on score cards. Possibly lost the fight against Reyes .Many people score it 3-2 Reyes. Goat? Yeah no. Popped hot for peds and been on drugs his whole career.

Khabib has never lost a round ,been beaten ,bled, looked lesser than his opponent.

Yes Khabib has 3 tittle defenses,but that doesnt mean anything. At the time Khabib came in RDA and Frankie Edgar was the champ. You are telling me Khabib wouldnt have beaten those guys at the time? He rag dolled RDA.

GOAT means dominance to me and I don't see any other fighter that is dominant as Khabib. He doesn't need 10 tittle defenses ,he has already cleared out everyone working up to the tittle.

DC explains this very well.

The post-prime MWs only became post-prime and MWs after Jones blew them out

The rest I'm too lazy to argue why this is dumb

Not even top3.

GSP
Jones
Silva

GSP and Jones were fighting the best fighters in the world while Khabib needed to pad his record with a half dozen to dozen more regional fighters before stepping up.

29-0 needs context.....

So if Khamzat retired right now, would he be the goat? He’s been far more impressive, won every minute of every fight he’s been in, and finished all challengers. Based on your logic Khamzat should be ranked higher than Khabib.

Not even top3.

GSP
Jones
Silva

GSP and Jones were fighting the best fighters in the world while Khabib needed to pad his record with a half dozen to dozen more regional fighters before stepping up.

29-0 needs context.....

Only GSP makes it on that list. Silva and Jones pissed hot.

Khabib didnt need to pad his record,and by the time he came to the UFC he was ragdolling everyone as a kid. It's whether if UFC sees him as a UFC caliber fighter to sign him. UFC doesn't sign highly decorated wrestlers at an earlier career. They usually pick brawlers and stand up artists for that so they can build a hype train.

So if Khamzat retired right now, would he be the goat? He’s been far more impressive, won every minute of every fight he’s been in, and finished all challengers. Based on your logic Khamzat should be ranked higher than Khabib.

No, because Khamzat hasnt been around for 10 years dominating his opponents without losing a round.

No, because Khamzat hasnt been around for 10 years dominating his opponents without losing a round.

If that’s the argument, then Khabib doesn’t compare to the goats. You can’t have it both ways. Your literal argument for Khabib being ahead of Silva, Jones, GSP and Fedor is that their long reigns don’t matter, so surely the length of Khabib’s reign can’t be the reason he is ahead of Khamzat.

If that’s the argument, then Khabib doesn’t compare to the goats. You can’t have it both ways. Your literal argument for Khabib being ahead of Silva, Jones, GSP and Fedor is that their long reigns don’t matter, so surely the length of Khabib’s reign can’t be the reason he is ahead of Khamzat.

We are talking dominance. I didn't include silva because of him pissing hot.

Only GSP makes it on that list. Silva and Jones pissed hot.

Khabib didnt need to pad his record,and by the time he came to the UFC he was ragdolling everyone as a kid. It's whether if UFC sees him as a UFC caliber fighter to sign him. UFC doesn't sign highly decorated wrestlers at an earlier career. They usually pick brawlers and stand up artists for that so they can build a hype train.
Like I said, 29-0 needs context.

16 of his 29 wins are against regional fighters, 13 wins at best are UFC calibre fighters.

By comparison, GSP fought 22 of his 28 fights against UFC calibre fighters....

Jon fought 20-21 UFC calibre fighters in his 27 fights.....

Anderson and Fedor are first. Agree with GSP though, he's automatically disqualified from the Goat rankings by losing to a 5'2 Journeyman
If GSP is disqualified why isn't Anderson who lost to a couple cans before he came to the UFC.

Like I said, 29-0 needs context.

16 of his 29 wins are against regional fighters, 13 wins at best are UFC calibre fighters.

By comparison, GSP fought 22 of his 28 fights against UFC calibre fighters....

Jon fought 20-21 UFC calibre fighters in his 27 fights.....

So lets say they gave him a title shot with 4 wins in the UFC,then by now he would be 13-0 with 10 tittle defenses. Putting him up there with GSP,Silva and JJ. Im not denying Silva's and Jones's long reigns. They are automatically disqualified bc of pissing hot.

GSP lost his first title shot, got submitted and outclassed by Matt Hughes. Khabib has never been outclassed or beaten.

No context whatsoever. I will provide it.. GSP was 22 years old, and NOT supposed to get a title shot.. He had 7 pro fights only 2 in the UFC both on the undercard.. He got the shot because Penn had beat Hughes unexpectedly, then left the UFC.. Hughes had run through every other contender.. So young upstart named GSP was selected.. 2 1/2 years later he smashed Hughes for the belt.. The men Khabib fought at 22 you can't find anywhere..

Khabib beat Ragin Al for the Belt when he was 30 years old..

GSP is goat tied with Fedor.

it’s not gsps fault he could fight 4 times a year when khabib fights closer to once a year.

gsp won the fights leading to the title easier than khabib did. I mean khabib couldn’t even finish barboza... and gsps title run had much better competition for sure. Bj, Sherk and trigg would demolish khabibs opponents to the title.

not to mention gsp beat an all time great to get the belt when he beat Hughes.

GSP won 33 straight rounds in mostly what was Title Fights. You wanna talk about domination?

Yeah,lets talk about domination.

gsptapout_original.jpg

This is what I have been saying and I am also fan of JJ and GSP not saying they are not GOATs either but Khabib is definitely GOAT and slightly above them based on sheer freak dominance

Back