• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform EA UFC 4 discussion

They have really dropped the ball with this for years. THQ did a much better job and it's a shame EA has this license.

UFC Undisputed 3 is my all time favorite video game...right next to GTA San Andreas

Couldn’t agree more. I think it sent a message that without the UFC roster, you aren’t going to sell an mma game.

Unfortunate because I would love to see another studio give it a run with a different roster. My understanding is the EA MMA team is not the team they used for EA UFC.
The problem is that the UFC have marketed themselves in a way as to where the general public thinks that the UFC is the actual sport.

I’m pretty sure that the EA UFC team is made up of the Fight Night Champion team.

I love how it has a pretty bad like to dislike ratio, lol.

F*ck EA. Like seriously, this company has become a massive joke for countless years now.

UFC Undisputed 3 is my all time favorite video game...right next to GTA San Andreas
GTA San Andreas is my fav game ever. I last played it like a month ago but I will never stop playing. I was actually dreaming about it last night because I was close to playing it yesterday.

I love how it has a pretty bad like to dislike ratio, lol.

F*ck EA. Like seriously, this company has become a massive joke for countless years now.
Fifa is a joke. It kills me to see how stale and buggy it is.

I'll give it a go.

That clinch system looks fun. I hated being pulled apart when I was smashing clinch uppercuts.

I'll give it a go.

That clinch system looks fun. I hated being pulled apart when I was smashing clinch uppercuts.
It’s a nice addition. My only worry is that it sometimes looks like the fighters move at super speed when clinched up.

So they finally got around to adding all the old things from the THQ games almost a decade ago that were great like the submission mini game and dodging punches on the ground and called them "new features. This sounds like peak EA Sports.

( Im a fan since the Undisputed serie ) Played the Beta, it's trash. It's EA UFC3 1.5. Only thing that got better is the clinch, a lot more fluid but super OP, the submissions are broken, subs mini game is worst than UFC3. Servers are trash which impact the input delay, so it's same as UFC 3. Ragdoll and ko animation is still lacking, super cringe red screen when you get rocked, cuts and blood havent changed. Glad I played the Beta because imo EA did us dirty with this one, it's a slap in the face, It's a 5$ game.

You have to basically move your head right before the punch is thrown but that’s very risky. You can’t really play a reactive defensive game.

One FC have teased a game. If they got Yukes to make it (the people who made UFC undisputed) we could get a very good MMA game.
I'll get the One FC game over UFC4, it can't be worst. Trust me.

I still have nightmares about that damn train mission lol
It was a bitch back in 2004 when it wasn’t as easy to find tips on how to finish missions. The optional Zero missions were the worst for me. I have never completed the drone one.

( Im a fan since the Undisputed serie ) Played the Beta, it's trash. It's EA UFC3 1.5. Only thing that got better is the clinch, a lot more fluid but super OP, the submissions are broken, subs mini game is worst than UFC3. Servers are trash which impact the input delay, so it's same as UFC 3. Ragdoll and ko animation is still lacking, super cringe red screen when you get rocked, cuts and blood havent changed. Glad I played the Beta because imo EA did us dirty with this one, it's a slap in the face, It's a 5$ game.
I know that you can turn off the red screen, but from the videos I have seen everything you have said is accurate. The beta looked really bad and they didn’t evens explain the new controls. The product should be better after a 2 year gap between EA UFC 3.

the head movement is borderline useless, especially with how quickly you can spam jabs, you're always going to get dinged. There's still time for them to fix stuff I guess.... but.... I'd love somebody else make a new MMA game.
They've had 2 years to fix things so if it's not something that breaks the game I doubt they'll do it now.

Fifa is a joke. It kills me to see how stale and buggy it is.
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>
Couldn't agree more.

I hope you weren't the one i've already told this, because this is going to be a longer reply, but here i'll go:

You're aware of momentum in Fifa, right?

So yeah, i was playing career mode on Fifa 18 and i was playing in the third english league or so - i had a shitload of young players with massive potential from my academy playing, but at the same time, their overall ratings were almost always lower than those of my opposition teams - i had a striker who then was at 82 overall though.
(Played on worldclass this whole career btw)

I won pretty much every game (played 6min. per half, iirc) and scored tons of goals, especially with that striker (Ben Brereton). In one game, i put six (!) past the opponents keeper even.

Things went great so far. I managed to win the league and thus went one league up. My players improved, but so did the opposition.
Now my plan was to not go for another first place, because i didn't want to move into the above league so fast without my players improving more.
So i played and simulated a couple of games - i got 4th place and remained in that league, but all the time i used these trainings you can play yourself to improve my players and they did improve very well.

The next season in that same league began and i was like: alright, my players have improved significantly, let's just tear all my opponents a new one and move up.

From then on, the bullshit started: all of a sudden, it was incredibly difficult to win games at all (against the same opponents as the season before!) not to mention to get more than two wins in a row.

I had a goalkeeper (with 94 potential) who was rated 82 or 83 at the time and 194cm (about 6'5") tall. Didn't matter though - opponent's players who were below 70 overall on average started to score goals from the short post and the keeper made lots of mistakes in general.

My forward had already 87 overall, but you prolly guessed it: didn't matter - all of a sudden some below 70 central defenders were as fast as him (meaning ~87+ pace) and he needed like three times as much chances to score a goal.

Really, the overall control of that team felt sluggish, unresponsive and plainly wrong.
Typically, when the opponent made a through ball, my central defenders would literally stop and i mean STOP on the spot, thus making it way easier for the opponent's forward to score.

TL;DR:
I had a team which despite having lower overall stats than my opponents, felt sensational to play - then my team improved significantly and i had trouble winning 1:0 against the same f*cking opponents.

EA has become an overall shit company, but Fifa in particular is so bad and erronous that selling this game is pretty much fraud.

I mention it often, but think about it really: There's a reason why Fifa is more than any other game known for making people smashing their controllers against the floor, wall, or TV.

Well... I'm not going that far, but Undisputed 3 is just that in terms of fighting games, lol.

I don't know why but sport games always terrible to me

<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>
Couldn't agree more.

I hope you weren't the one i've already told this, because this is going to be a longer reply, but here i'll go:

You're aware of momentum in Fifa, right?

So yeah, i was playing career mode on Fifa 18 and i was playing in the third english league or so - i had a shitload of young players with massive potential from my academy playing, but at the same time, their overall ratings were almost always lower than those of my opposition teams - i had a striker who then was at 82 overall though.
(Played on worldclass this whole career btw)

I won pretty much every game (played 6min. per half, iirc) and scored tons of goals, especially with that striker (Ben Brereton). In one game, i put six (!) past the opponents keeper even.

Things went great so far. I managed to win the league and thus went one league up. My players improved, but so did the opposition.
Now my plan was to not go for another first place, because i didn't want to move into the above league so fast without my players improving more.
So i played and simulated a couple of games - i got 4th place and remained in that league, but all the time i used these trainings you can play yourself to improve my players and they did improve very well.

The next season in that same league began and i was like: alright, my players have improved significantly, let's just tear all my opponents a new one and move up.

From then on, the bullshit started: all of a sudden, it was incredibly difficult to win games at all (against the same opponents as the season before!) not to mention to get more than two wins in a row.

I had a goalkeeper (with 94 potential) who was rated 82 or 83 at the time and 194cm (about 6'5") tall. Didn't matter though - opponent's players who were below 70 overall on average started to score goals from the short post and the keeper made lots of mistakes in general.

My forward had already 87 overall, but you prolly guessed it: didn't matter - all of a sudden some below 70 central defenders were as fast as him (meaning ~87+ pace) and he needed like three times as much chances to score a goal.

Really, the overall control of that team felt sluggish, unresponsive and plainly wrong.
Typically, when the opponent made a through ball, my central defenders would literally stop and i mean STOP on the spot, thus making it way easier for the opponent's forward to score.

TL;DR:
I had a team which despite having lower overall stats than my opponents, felt sensational to play - then my team improved significantly and i had trouble winning 1:0 against the same f*cking opponents.

EA has become an overall shit company, but Fifa in particular is so bad and erronous that selling this game is pretty much fraud.

I mention it often, but think about it really: There's a reason why Fifa is more than any other game known for making people smashing their controllers against the floor, wall, or TV.

Yeah I’ve been aware of scripting and momentum since around about fifa 11. I used to bang the drum about it but people thought I was crazy. Now it’s basically accepted as true within the community.

The defenders refusing to move an inch to the left to intercept the ball drives me insane. I have dealt with some career mode scripting and I have noticed that some players are useless no matter what, but online is where it has been the worst for me. I only play career mode and pro clubs now. It’s horrific on pro clubs too. The AI is awful on Fifa.

I remember breaking my TV one day because of the BS in the game. Thankfully I’ve never done it again. Fifa really does bring the worst out in me sometimes though. I’m generally a lot calmer than I used to be, but I used to go crazy. The worst part is that you know when the game is against you and you can pick up on patterns and even predict when a goal will be scored. If you hit the inside of the post and it bounces back out and then the other team counters, I’m almost certain that they will score.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back