• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform EA UFC 4 discussion

I guess Fomt should've had a spot from the get go, but Kattar had a quick rise. 18 months was probably the entire development cycle and they probably decide upon the base roster fairly early so Kattar being excluded isn't much of a stretch. He will be included though 100%, proven fighter with championship potential.
The Kattar one is a little more understandable. Hopefully he is in soon anyway.

I’ve given up on the idea of a good MMA game. Played them all but nothing seems to nail it.
It really seems like the guys at EA especially, comes off is it’s what they think the concept of an MMA fighter in a movie is supposed to be without having any input from real athletes.
Each game moves towards cartwheel kicks and overhands instead of solid jabs and leg kicks...it’s about then I realize who their audience is. The game just isn’t for me.

Fighters still don't look or play like their real world counterparts.

How are they still light years away from that Undisputed 2009 Chuck vs Rampage trailer? I really don't get it.

I’ve given up on the idea of a good MMA game. Played them all but nothing seems to nail it.
It really seems like the guys at EA especially, comes off is it’s what they think the concept of an MMA fighter in a movie is supposed to be without having any input from real athletes.
Each game moves towards cartwheel kicks and overhands instead of solid jabs and leg kicks...it’s about then I realize who their audience is.
They’re catering to casuals and children. It’s very sad to see. Did you see the bit in the trailer where Santos and Walker kept exchanging spinning kicks? It looked really dumb.

The guys at THQ actually seemed to be passionate about MMA. The striking hasn’t aged particularly well, but they were the better company and I wish that THQ and Yukes were still making the UFC games. Now with EA, instead of Pride mode we get backyard fights and a kumite type arena. They’re cool addictions but they basically have nothing to do with MMA.

Fighters still don't look or play like their real world counterparts.

How are they still light years away from that Undisputed 2009 Chuck vs Rampage trailer? I really don't get it.
The body models are horrendous in the EA games. I remember that trailer blowing me away. I don’t think we will ever get a game like that.

Last edited:
Looks fun enough to wait for it to go on sale. Should kill enough time messing around with it. Everybody here is gonna complain either way though.

Looks fun enough to wait for it to go on sale. Should kill enough time messing around with it. Everybody here is gonna complain either way though.
I’ll probably buy it immediately because I just love MMA games and I can easily create my own fun, but it’s frustrating to see how lazy EA are with some things. It’s insulting at this point.

played beta and the game still seems really bad.
against people was ok at times.
playing against AI feels insanely cheesy.
if you want to do AI vs AI for the lulz it's still boring. whatever fighter has the better submission/grappling always wins even if they've been knocked down a dozen times if it ever goes to the ground they tend to win.

other than that aesthetically it still feels like everyone strikes and moves like Dominic Cruz and falls down like Nate Diaz. I think EA watched a few fights and made all their animations based on what they saw.

Does it come with 4 DLCs, an expansion pack and an online store to unlock characters that should have been in the game?

I read some worrying things about Kattar and Font not being in the base game. I’m not sure if that’s true though. It’s a joke when boxers make it into the game ahead of ranked fighters.

I was just playing because EA are notorious for that bullshit.

They've never milked people with DLC with the UFC games though. Pretty sure you could buy guys like Bruce Lee in one of them, but you could also just unlock him by finishing career mode.

The new fighters and stuff have always been free for all the EA UFC games I think.

The last UFC game I played ruined all fighting games for me. For one reason. ROY FUCKIN' NELSON. I'd beat that fat asshole like a drum, round after round, only to be consistently one punch KO'd out of the blue. Eff you, Roy.

They’re catering to casuals and children. It’s very sad to see. Did you see the bit in the trailer where Santos and Walker kept exchanging spinning kicks? It looked really dumb.

The guys at THQ actually seemed to be passionate about MMA. The striking hasn’t aged particularly well, but they were the better company and I wish that THQ and Yukes were still making the UFC games. Now with EA, instead of Pride mode we get backyard fights and a kumite type arena. They’re cool addictions but they basically have nothing to do with MMA.

EA Spinning Shit 4

It feels like they’re finally getting close to the level of the old undisputed series with the clinch/ground. That’s nice.

The stand up in this game is such dog shit though. It’s awful—truly terrible. 5 buttons required to throw a body uppercut. There seems to be a magnetic force that pulls close strikes into the target. I could go on. It’s bad.

I’ll still waste 60 bucks on it though.

They just need to remaster Undisputed 3 and bring back the online servers.

EA MMA was the best mma game ever. The THQ series had a lot of variety to their standup game like the current EA product (they did not have the same takeaways though). EA MMA had simple striking similar to FNC controls. It was fun.
I would have liked to have seen them continue with EA MMA and make a sequel. It was a really solid first attempt. Way better than EA UFC 1. I do love the analog punching scheme as well.

I would have liked to have seen them continue with EA MMA and make a sequel. It was a really solid first attempt. Way better than EA UFC 1. I do love the analog punching scheme as well.

Couldn’t agree more. I think it sent a message that without the UFC roster, you aren’t going to sell an mma game.

Unfortunate because I would love to see another studio give it a run with a different roster. My understanding is the EA MMA team is not the team they used for EA UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back