DWTNCS 4: Pati V Pickett

filly expect Pickett to let me down for accidentally picking him lol. Needs to fight the perfect fight and go for takedowns
tenor.gif

Pickett needed to fight a 6-3 guy in order to finally win a fight on DWCS.

I want him to get a contract so we can make some good money fading him.

i don't know why but i'm feeling really happy for pickett, there's something about him not giving up on this and working so hard for his small daughter too. I hope he can get some wins in the ufc too.

filly expect Pickett to let me down for accidentally picking him lol. Needs to fight the perfect fight and go for takedowns

Perfect fight? Why?

Pati is a very limited non-fighter. A strong, athletic, former football player who badly lacks technique and specific skills and can't even bother to fight in the right weight class, 170, or make his cardio passable.

I wasn't big on Pickett, and he has a lot of flaws and limitations, but the appeal was that he could fight a very, very imperfect fight and still win.

Perfect fight? Why?

Pati is a very limited non-fighter. A strong, athletic, former football player who badly lacks technique and specific skills and can't even bother to fight in the right weight class, 170, or make his cardio passable.

I wasn't big on Pickett, and he has a lot of flaws and limitations, but the appeal was that he could fight a very, very imperfect fight and still win.
Pati at least seemed like he had more heart and cardio. Really happy for Picket though he did what he needed to do, Koing Pati is impressive

i don't know why but i'm feeling really happy for pickett, there's something about him not giving up on this and working so hard for his small daughter too. I hope he can get some wins in the ufc too.
Same man, really feel good for the guy

I liked Dana's reason for not picking Romero (had trouble when his opponent switched to southpaw).

Romero is only 23 and has skills, but he needs more time to grow before he enters the UFC.

I feel bad for Romero
Ye lil harsh, his opponent is real good. Thats Romeros style, but I think his composure, age and how well rounded he is should of earned him a contract. He can win fights in UFC

Pati at least seemed like he had more heart and cardio. Really happy for Picket though he did what he needed to do, Koing Pati is impressive

Are we talking about the same fighter?

Pati, the guy who lost to Kailan Hill because his cardio lasted for exactly 1 round, and he was completely done after that, including one of the worst examples of gassing I've ever seen in round 3 (literally doing nothing)?

Not to pick on you (I like a lot of your analysis), but sometimes when I read some of these opinions, I wonder whether we're even watching the same guy.

I liked Dana's reason for not picking Romero (had trouble when his opponent switched to southpaw).

Romero is only 23 and has skills, but he needs more time to grow before he enters the UFC.

His reason is complete bullshit, although it might benefit Romero in the long run.

Romero is the most intriguing, skilled prospect on this entire season, vastly more polished than most of the guys they have given contracts to. But because it wasn't a one-sided victory against a tough, skilled opponent and wasn't rock' em sock' em robots, the big Red Retard doesn't give him a chance.

Are we talking about the same fighter?

Pati, the guy who lost to Kailan Hill because his cardio lasted for exactly 1 round, and he was completely done after that, including one of the worst examples of gassing I've ever seen in round 3 (literally doing nothing)?

Not to pick on you (I like a lot of your analysis), but sometimes when I read some of these opinions, I wonder whether they're even watching the same guy.
Your not picking on me ma man no hard feelings. Maybe I didnt explain it properly because I usually don't with my broken English haha.

I watched that Hill fight twice and yes he was trash, but iv seen him lose fights and maintain output even when gassed, specially leg kicks and flying knees. Pickett to me was low output, didnt have that dog in him. Even the regionals after his contender loses he keeping distance, jabbing running not really dominated the cans he is up against, Takes them down they get up. First round kinda showed that again. But hey he brought out the dog out of him self in this fight, probably because his back was against the wall good on him. Didnt see him Koing Pati so fair play.

Also my breakdown was when Pickett was a moderate fav, and Pati was dog

His reason is complete bullshit, although it might benefit Romero in the long run.

Romero is the most intriguing, skilled prospect on this entire season, vastly more polished than most of the guys they have given contracts to. But because it wasn't a one-sided victory against a tough, skilled opponent and wasn't rock' em sock' em robots, the big Red Retard doesn't give him a chance.

I think his reason was valid, I kinda felt the same after the third round. He couldn't get his opponent out of there eventhough he had no legs and was actually letting him takeover! Romero was running, taking hard shots and just a bit too passive in that third round.

Your not picking on me ma man no hard feelings. Maybe I didnt explain it properly because I usually don't with my broken English haha.

I watched that Hill fight twice and yes he was trash, but iv seen him lose fights and maintain output even when gassed, specially leg kicks and flying knees. Pickett to me was low output, didnt have that dog in him. Even the regionals after his contender loses he keeping distance, jabbing running not really dominated the cans he is up against, Takes them down they get up. First round kinda showed that again. But hey he brought out the dog out of him self in this fight, probably because his back was against the wall good on him. Didnt see him Koing Pati so fair play.

Also my breakdown was when Pickett was a moderate fav, and Pati was dog

Heh, I've actually never seen a single Pickett fight outside of his two appearances on DWTNCS.

I bet him solely on what he showed in losses to Byrd and then Soriano.

Back