Dwight Howard vs. Cain Velasquez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight Howard is the most athletic big man i've seen, he would flourish in most sports. His size, power, speed, agility and all round athleticism for a man his size (6 ft 11, 120 kg) is unmatched. It's this athleticism that has seen him rise to the top of the NBA, even though he may lack in basic skills (shooting), and it's this same athleticism that would see him excel in MMA given proper training.

Dwight Howard is the most athletic big man i've seen, he would flourish in most sports. His size, power, speed, agility and all round athleticism for a man his size (6 ft 11, 120 kg) is unmatched. It's this athleticism that has seen him rise to the top of the NBA, even though he may lack in basic skills (shooting), and it's this same athleticism that would see him excel in MMA given proper training.

Tremendous post.

Well he doesn't excel at the most simple of things like 5 foot jump shots or even free throws. That's in his own sport by the way. Not sure why you assume he'd automatically excel at other sports.

Guess who else couldn't hit free throws
Shakeel Ohkneel
That's right...Shaq Fu
And we've already established Shaq would dominate the UFCs

Saying Dwert is not good at freethrows is like saying gsp is not good at foot stomps.

So Cane is champion of a division full of huge, un-athletic, UNSKILLED guys is what you're saying? And if anyone athletic and skilled were to come into the division, he would immediately run to a lower weight-class?

Way to completely besmirch yourself.

Troll.

This thread never stops (LOL). Never thought a thread involving Dwight Howard would generate as of now 109 pages and so many posts, one day before the third fight in one of the best trilogies in recent times. Congrats Sherdog. You never cease to amaze me.

A thread of stupidity from beginning to end.. Congrats Shertards!

Well said. Congrats- but our posts are only prolonging this dumb thread. I seen better threads in the Wasteland by the way. No disrespect intended to any of the posters, but how in the heck did a thread related to Dwight Howard generate so many pages is beyond me, especially one day after the best trilogies in recent times. Only at Sherdog (LOL).

tumblr_m2iw5jyJoQ1r1kle4o1_500.gif

he would be a freak for MMA, a guy who's 6 ft 11 having to cut to make 265 and his reach is crazy. I would see him dominating like no other

The truth is if Dwight Howard were to take his talents to MMA, after 3 years of training Cain Valasquez wouldn't be good enough to even tie D12's shoes. The reason Dana pays these athletes so little is because they are easily replaceable bums. These aren't the best athletes at the pinnacle of decades of sport and competition, its a bunch of weekend warriors that work at Sam's club changing tires going toe to toe with the greatest HW of all time after a few years of trying.

The truth is if you took 1000 men age 20-30 off the street and trained them for 3-4 years, atleast 50-100 of them would be in the UFC after that period of time competing. Try the same with the NBA or NFL and almost every 1000 would wash out and not even make it to the bench.

The truth is if Dwight Howard were to take his talents to MMA, after 3 years of training Cain Valasquez wouldn't be good enough to even tie D12's shoes. The reason Dana pays these athletes so little is because they are easily replaceable bums. These aren't the best athletes at the pinnacle of decades of sport and competition, its a bunch of weekend warriors that work at Sam's club changing tires going toe to toe with the greatest HW of all time after a few years of trying.

The truth is if you took 1000 men age 20-30 off the street and trained them for 3-4 years, atleast 50-100 of them would be in the UFC after that period of time competing. Try the same with the NBA or NFL and almost every 1000 would wash out and not even make it to the bench.

Didnt know i had a chance to be an mma champion. Maybe i should learn from Johnny Morton and KO people.

Well said. Congrats- but our posts are only prolonging this dumb thread. I seen better threads in the Wasteland by the way. No disrespect intended to any of the posters, but how in the heck did a thread related to Dwight Howard generate so many pages is beyond me, ESPECIALLY ONE DAY AFTER one of the best trilogies in recent times. Only at Sherdog (LOL).

After the trilogy?

Hello McFly?

6'9 maaaaaaaaaaybe

I've been in a room with both he and Chris Bosh and Bosh towers over him

Here's a picture of Chris Bosh towering over Dwight Howard:

Kobe+Bryant+stands+next+to+Dwight+Howard+and+Chris+Bosh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back