Dwight Howard vs. Cain Velasquez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people don't think that most of the NFL/NBA players would not be successful and dominate UFC.

The truth is if Dwight Howard were to take his talents to MMA, after 3 years of training Cain Valasquez wouldn't be good enough to even tie D12's shoes. The reason Dana pays these athletes so little is because they are easily replaceable bums. These aren't the best athletes at the pinnacle of decades of sport and competition, its a bunch of weekend warriors that work at Sam's club changing tires going toe to toe with the greatest HW of all time after a few years of trying.

The truth is if you took 1000 men age 20-30 off the street and trained them for 3-4 years, atleast 50-100 of them would be in the UFC after that period of time competing. Try the same with the NBA or NFL and almost every 1000 would wash out and not even make it to the bench.

Super athlete Chad Johnson has been boxing for a few years now and still probably couldn't outbox Jake Shields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyoNeJg_HdU
Nathan Corbett

this guy athleticism (Strength, Speed, Cardio, etc) make NBA player look like little kid

D-level personified.

Lol @ making Lebern Jones look like a "little kid". I'm sure he could make a guy who towers over him by almost A FOOT and outweighs him by 70-80 lbs look like a "little kid LMAO!

LMAO the absolute insane part about it is that Bern enjoys those enormous physical advantages while still managing to be exponentially faster, more physically powerful, quicker, and more explosive than this D-level, pseudo-sport, practitioner.

Boys, here is what a REAL super athlete looks like. Notice the speed, the agility, the reflexes. He was drawn to a sport where they pay 10's of millions per fight, not 250,00.

[YT]nR3qbQeo8nY[/YT]

This is what an F level bar room brawler looks like (And coincidentally an ex UFC LHW champion who beat a legend in Rampage, and long time LHW GOAT Shogun)

silva20knockes20out20griffin20with20a20jab3.gif

Compare this evidence and get back to me when you guys have a valid comparison athletically.

Love how this topic changed subjects, with racism being one of them. Thankfully, this topic has reached over 1,000 posts.

A conversation about race doesn't have to be racist. I've only read the last 10 or so pages and there hasn't been anything of a racist undertone.

Dwight Howard is the most athletic big man i've seen, he would flourish in most sports. His size, power, speed, agility and all round athleticism for a man his size (6 ft 11, 120 kg) is unmatched. It's this athleticism that has seen him rise to the top of the NBA, even though he may lack in basic skills (shooting), and it's this same athleticism that would see him excel in MMA given proper training.

Not all great athletes make great fighters, theres a special something that comes with being a fighter, you need grit

D-level personified.

Lol @ making Lebern Jones look like a "little kid". I'm sure he could make a guy who towers over him by almost A FOOT and outweighs him by 70-80 lbs look like a "little kid LMAO!

LMAO the absolute insane part about it is that Bern enjoys those enormous physical advantages while still managing to be exponentially faster, more physically powerful, quicker, and more explosive than this D-level, pseudo-sport, practitioner.

Do super athletes only play million dollar sports in the US

Roy Jones' speed was unEarthly.

his accomplishments are like no other. He won like 50 fights in a row (got unfairly DQd once, but opponent was gone at that point).

He fought at Middleweight in boxing, which is like 160 pounds. He dominated, went up to super middleweight, then light heavyweight... dominated them all.

And in a historic event, he captured HW Gold. That's just insane.

While all these mma guys are cutting weight as their careers advance, Jones was moving up. Pacman kept moving up.

I can't remember the last time a guy in MMA dominated and moved up to to challenge himself. Only Anderson really.

Boys, here is what a REAL super athlete looks like. Notice the speed, the agility, the reflexes. He was drawn to a sport where they pay 10's of millions per fight, not 250,00.

[YT]nR3qbQeo8nY[/YT]

This is what an F level bar room brawler looks like (And coincidentally an ex UFC LHW champion who beat a legend in Rampage, and long time LHW GOAT Shogun)

Compare this evidence and get back to me when you guys have a valid comparison athletically.

serious? He was drawn to the sport because he wanted to fight, as a kid I dont think Roy was thinking about million dollar pay days.

Didn't Shields get outstruck by someone on Bully Beatdown?

Not that I'm aware of.

I only know of one time where a fighter on Bully Beatdown actually got tagged pretty good, and that was Tony Bonello against that hockey player, and Tony then KO'd him with a head kick.

Shields worked all of the guys he fought on there pretty good from what I remember.

[YT]nR3qbQeo8nY[/YT]

Forrest is much more than a bar room brawler, Anderson just made him look like one. Forrest has a great ground game and powerful leg kicks. He would dispose of RJJ in under 2 minutes in an MMA bout.

Really though, why do MMA fans seem to have such a low opinion of MMA? I swear according to a good number of fans, MMA fighters are the worst fighters on the planet.

Forrest is much more than a bar room brawler, Anderson just made him look like one. Forrest has a great ground game and powerful leg kicks. He would dispose of RJJ in under 2 minutes in an MMA bout.

Dont you know all MMA fighters are shit athletes and every truly great athlete plays ball sports in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back