Dustin Porier vs Chan Sung Jung, Most thrilling FW clash of all time?

I actually don't think that fight was boring at all. I do feel cheated out of a proper result though.
That’s the thing. They were feeling each other out and kz didn’t seem like the rest of Aldo’s opponents who just seem afraid and tentative, although he wasn’t being his crazy wreckless self, either but you could tell he was starting to get comfortable and was starting to let loose and suddenly the injury happened. I would’ve loved to see how the rest of that fight played out cause Aldo’s foot was wrecked from the nasty low kick check zombie pulled off.

Aldo/Mendes 2 is a contender

Came here to say this. Luckly there wasn't a quick stop ref in there though or Aldo would have finished it and the first and we would have never seen the greatest 5 round FW title war in the weightclasses history.

Can't wait for the Frankie fight

I think Jung sleeps him

It's up there. Zombie vs Garcia 1 is up there too just for sheer craziness. I'm still a huge fan of Aldo/Faber. Swanson/Pearson was really fun for me too although anything with Cub in it (apart from Edgar and Aldo) is the shit.

Most bermudez fights are awesome
KZ, Proirier , Mendez, Swanson, DHC all are so exciting to watch

One of my favorite fights ever

Aldo/Mendes 2 and Swanson/Choi are above it for me, but it’s an incredible fight.
Great nods to both Cub/Choi and Aldo/Mendes II.

KZ was really versatile with his attack, and had a superb sub to finish off Poirier. Lots of back and forth action. One of the best FW fights ever, for sure.

not a better fight then the KZ V Dustin fight but Matt Grice v Bermudez was also a very entertaining fight

That fight was amazing
Choi vs Swanson is a banger

Man, rewatching this recently, it's incredible how both fighters showed up in this one. Dustin was on point with his punches and landing with crisp one-twos, while TKZ was forcing the chaotic aspect and capitalizing in the midst. I think in-part, what makes this fight so great, is how talented and successful these fighters have shown to be since this fight - and how their names hold even greater magnitude now. (kinda like how holloway/mcgregor at the time was just a matchup of two promising contenders)

There were several incredible grappling exchanges with cool reversals. When TKZ backrolled to mount I lose my shit every time.

This one is surely a classic and I honestly can't think of a more exciting scrap at FW. Because of the talent from both sides, i rate this more highly than the garcia fights, surely. Aldo/Hominick was a classic but not nearly as break neck of pace. I'd like to hear where y'all rank this in your top FW fights ever.

RAAAAAAAAAAS such a good fight, ol Peahead is the man seriously underrated.

Cub and Choi is a better fight. The main issue with KZ/Poirier is that KZ was a step ahead the entire fight.

I think it's one of the GOAT MMA fights. Had everything in it. Can't find the triangle attempt gif. Most of these when you look up gifs are KZ highlights but Poirier was competitive and actual appeared to be maybe turning the tide in round 3 when he started throwing straight lefts that were connecting. But then KZ ended up finishing him in the 4th

0.gif

giphy.gif

ZOMBIE-DUSTIN-PUNCHING.gif

I think it's one of the GOAT MMA fights. Had everything in it. Can't find the triangle attempt gif. Most of these when you look up gifs are KZ highlights but Poirier was competitive and actual appeared to be maybe turning the tide in round 3 when he started throwing straight lefts that were connecting. But then KZ ended up finishing him in the 4th

0.gif

giphy.gif

ZOMBIE-DUSTIN-PUNCHING.gif

yeah if i was doing a top 5 fights list (all weightclasses) this would be up there

Good fight but too one sided, Poirier was getting his ass beat for 90% of it, Aldo/Mendes 2 is the best FW fight ever followed by Cub/Choi imo.

KZ vs Poirier
Aldo vs Mendes 2
Aldo vs Hominick
Cub vs Choi

I am sure there are more but just off the top of my head.

@fortheo Grice vs Bermudez was straight brain damage.

Back