Dustin Porier vs Chan Sung Jung, Most thrilling FW clash of all time?

Felsh

57-0
Banned
Reaction score
Man, rewatching this recently, it's incredible how both fighters showed up in this one. Dustin was on point with his punches and landing with crisp one-twos, while TKZ was forcing the chaotic aspect and capitalizing in the midst. I think in-part, what makes this fight so great, is how talented and successful these fighters have shown to be since this fight - and how their names hold even greater magnitude now. (kinda like how holloway/mcgregor at the time was just a matchup of two promising contenders)

There were several incredible grappling exchanges with cool reversals. When TKZ backrolled to mount I lose my shit every time.

This one is surely a classic and I honestly can't think of a more exciting scrap at FW. Because of the talent from both sides, i rate this more highly than the garcia fights, surely. Aldo/Hominick was a classic but not nearly as break neck of pace. I'd like to hear where y'all rank this in your top FW fights ever.

not to mention a nasty sub to finish it

0EZiTIP.gif

Has KZ ever been in a boring fight?

Zombie was an animal in his prime. I hope all of the injuries haven't taken too much of a toll. I give him a good chance against Frankie, even though Frankie deserves to be the clear favorite.

Aldo/Mendes 2 and Swanson/Choi are above it for me, but it’s an incredible fight.

Was a pretty good fight

should really rematch that one.

Zombie was an animal in his prime. I hope all of the injuries haven't taken too much of a toll. I give him a good chance against Frankie, even though Frankie deserves to be the clear favorite.

Yeah, this is a steep hill for TKZ to climb... but he has the tools to make something happen. I mean, if TKZ did something like he did to Porier to Frankie, he'd be right in the mix with Holloway and Ortega.

It was an incredible fight. At the time one of the best fights in FW history. Would probably still hold true today.

Zombie seemed like he was destined for greatness. Then he had that shoulder surgery and his shoulder popped out against Aldo. Then he went to the army.

A potential champion who was derailed by unfortunate circumstances.

Also even though Poirer got tooled in that fight I knew he would be back. He was so young and you could tell he was good. I never expected him to be a top contender at LW though.

Aldo/Mendes 2 and Swanson/Choi are above it for me, but it’s an incredible fight.

Choi/Swanson. Forgot about that one as well.

A great scrap for sure, maybe even more action packed, but definitely a lot sloppier. Personal preference but I lean toward the higher talent level on this one.

We all love Zombie and I still feel like he’s under appreciated. He brings the fight everytime. Wish injuries and the military didn’t derail his momentum.

It was an incredible fight. At the time one of the best fights in FW history. Would probably still hold true today.

Zombie seemed like he was destined for greatness. Then he had that shoulder surgery and his shoulder popped out against Aldo. Then he went to the army.

A potential champion who was derailed by unfortunate circumstances.

Also even though Poirer got tooled in that fight I knew he would be back. He was so young and you could tell he was good. I never expected him to be a top contender at LW though.

He has come a long way... no telling what a rematch would look like.

Dustin clearly evolving each fight, whereas TKZ comes back from hiatus with an explosive KO and yet many questions to answer. I think if Jung takes out Frankie (a huge if) he stays FW and campaigns for title - and Dustin should definitely continue at LW as it has shown to highlight his skillset better. Don't see a rematch of these two ever happening, and oddly, im completely content with that,

He has come a long way... no telling what a rematch would look like.

Dustin clearly evolving each fight, whereas TKZ comes back from hiatus with an explosive KO and yet many questions to answer. I think if Jung takes out Frankie (a huge if) he stays FW and campaigns for title - and Dustin should definitely continue at LW as it has shown to highlight his skillset better. Don't see a rematch of these two ever happening, and oddly, im completely content with that,

As a huge fan of KZ back in the day. I gave up on him after he injured his shoulder in the Aldo fight. Just too serious an injury to fully recover from.

As a huge fan of KZ back in the day. I gave up on him after he injured his shoulder in the Aldo fight. Just too serious an injury to fully recover from.

I can't help but to feel that is a little harsh...

this is coming from a guy who still hasn't given up on Anderson Silva lol...

Dominick Cruz came back from 3x worse injury to become champion.

One of my favorite fights ever.

Makes me sad to think how many great moments we might have missed from KZ's career due to involuntary time off.

How good is KZ vs Edgar going to be?

Only the aldo one. Right when he seemed like he was gonna start pouring it on, he got hurt.

I actually don't think that fight was boring at all. I do feel cheated out of a proper result though.

Back