Media Dustin Poirier says he will “probably go to 170” if he defeats Charles Oliveira at UFC 269

It's probably harder to make weight and being 170 doesn't take away from his money fight with Mcgregor. He is probably just hanging around for that fight and retire. Belts and legacies don't mean shit

Dustin the veteran committing the most easily avoidable cardinal sin....looking past your opponent

I hope he gets absolutely smoked this weekend

“No, I’m not retiring. I’m 32, man. I feel good. You see the way I’m moving out here today. I feel good. I’m having fun. If anything, I’ll go up. I’ll probably go to 170, if anything,” Poirier told MMAjunkie.com’s Danny Segura “But no, honestly, my goal isn’t to try to have the most successful title defenses. I don’t know. We’ll see."

Dustin-Poirier-1.jpg

@Ackmed
WTF is the guy talking about? Hope his under achieving ass never wins the Most illustrious title in MMA benson edgar and penn all have 3, tied for first. Like he himself just said he's 32 you can beat the lw defense record in 2 years. before he's 35 if he just fights twice a year.

Oliveria wants to have the most title defenses and now thats why im sure he'll want to win.

Last edited:
I always chuckle at "undefeated in rematches" like winning the next time around just deletes getting turned into a meme. It's a classic GSP fanboy move and a pretty poor argument tbh honest
Dustin has beaten Max, Eddie, and Conor in rematches. Justin is around the same level as them. While that is no guarantee that Dustin will win a rematch against Justin, it doesn't change the fact that Dustin does very well in rematches against opponents around the same caliber as Justin.

I really think he just wants to beat up Nate for another easy payday after Oliviera.

Get the belt and then do a couple of freakshow one sided pointless fights that will pay well. Don't really blame him but it is kind of lame.

If Dustin doesn't defend, according to Conor haters he can't be considered a legit champ.

For the longest time it was belt or nothing. Since the Conor rematch it's been maybe trilogy over belt, and now maybe move up if gets the belt.

So, why would anyone care if he wins? Wishy-washy nonsense. If Gaethje and Oliveira want the belt let them fight for it.

Hes too small for WW and if he wins, I’d want to see a champion actually defend. Hope Charles wins now so we can see defences
Not sure how credible it is, but Colby did mention Dustin weighs more than him

"if anything"

clearly he means later as cutting weight gets harder on you as you age he's probably already feeling the difference but that doesn't mean he'll do it for his next fight.
Hard to starve yourself when u're rich!

a fight with colby makes sense. That would bring in tons of money which is his main objective now.

He would probably want an immediate title shot against usman probably after defending the belt against connor.

I love gaejthe. Such an awesome fighter, but the ufc is gonna use him up like tony.

He's chasing that Colby paycheck after he finishes shaking mcgregor upside down one last time and grabbing any loose change.

Zero interest in that before I see him fight Gaethje again and Islam. Afterwards, sure why not.

A guy like Vicente Luque would assasinate Poirier within 5 minutes

Hard to starve yourself when u're rich!
It's more than that as someone ages they have a harder time recovering; when you are 20 you can recover from being dehydrated in a few hours tops, think of a hangover which is mostly dehydration but in your 30s it's totally different.

Back