Media Dustin Poirier says he will “probably go to 170” if he defeats Charles Oliveira at UFC 269

You couldn't be more wrong, Conor gets the title fight. It is what it is but that's the UFC, it's all about selling PPVs. Khabib stopped Conor from getting an undeserved title shot but Poirier or Oliveira don't hate Conor like Khabib and they are not set for life like Khabib and will take the fight.
Even as ridiculous as the UFC matchmaking can be they can’t give Conor a title shot right now. No fucking way.

He'll only be in the division for money fights not against the hungry contenders or the champ
Nah he'll take a crack at the belt. No reason not to. Probably gonna fight Colby then Usman then move back down or retire

For a rubber match with Conor at 170 for one last payday; especially if he wins the belt at 170 and they can find some can to tune conor up at 170.

Dustin might have beat Conor but Conor clearly infected him with champ champid.

We now enter the "live long enough to be the villian" stage of Dustin's career. Feel bad for all the talent at LW finally thinking the division would stop being a clogged artery.

He just said to Ariel that he has some ass whooping to hand out to Gaethje among others.

If Dustin keeps the redneck princess — it will help with his early retirement options.

But if she wanders off with half his junk, he’ll likely be taking face shots into his 40s..

Dustin isnt champ material
Charles strangles him handily

If by some miracle he pulls it off in December, McGregor and Gaethje are coming for him at 155, and Colby at 170. Nowhere to hide. Should start dieting post-fight right away. But I see him retiring, win or lose.
Conor hasn’t won a fight at 155 since 2016. He’s not coming near a title again.

He didn’t say that he will go straight to WW if he wins the belt. Makes no sense for him to move to WW, he would at best be a lower top 10 fighter. I also think he’s severely overrated, very good LW but he’s ~3 in my book.

All roads lead to the GOAT. Just watch. {<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Khazmat Kills him. Maybe literally if he doesn’t hold back

Hes too small for WW and if he wins, I’d want to see a champion actually defend. Hope Charles wins now so we can see defences
hws just talking shit to get more money for the conor fight that will certainly happen if he wins

Ducking a guy he already embarrassed? Yeah that makes sense.

Jesus Christ.
Did Gaethje get embarrassed? He fought like an idiot and still tore Poiriers quad and hurt him bad in the 3rd
Will Gaethje won the rematch? Maybe but he will hurt Poirier worse than he did the first time

He's 32 with some mileage. He's not going to break longevity records. He has a fight or two at 155, then he takes a money fight or 2 at 170 then retires with his brain intact. Totally reasonable.

but but according to some of the Khabib haters in here Dustin is a natural fw?

Back