Media Dustin Poirier says he will “probably go to 170” if he defeats Charles Oliveira at UFC 269

Alexnotonfire

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
“No, I’m not retiring. I’m 32, man. I feel good. You see the way I’m moving out here today. I feel good. I’m having fun. If anything, I’ll go up. I’ll probably go to 170, if anything,” Poirier told MMAjunkie.com’s Danny Segura “But no, honestly, my goal isn’t to try to have the most successful title defenses. I don’t know. We’ll see."

Dustin-Poirier-1.jpg

@Ackmed

"if anything"

clearly he means later as cutting weight gets harder on you as you age he's probably already feeling the difference but that doesn't mean he'll do it for his next fight.

Rewatching the first poirier gaethje fight, I honestly think Gaethje will win the rematch. To put it bluntly, Gaethje fought like an idiot the first fight and i've seen enough improvements from gaethje to suggest that he takes the rematch quite handily.
If Poirier wins the belt and he goes to 170, he is a duck. Honestly, I'd actually think Oliveira has a good chance against Gaethje.

Dustin isnt champ material
Charles strangles him handily

If by some miracle he pulls it off in December, McGregor and Gaethje are coming for him at 155, and Colby at 170. Nowhere to hide. Should start dieting post-fight right away. But I see him retiring, win or lose.

Well, he does hit harder and has a more devastating striking arsenal.
Not a fun fight for Poirier regardless of the outcome, that much is for sure.

Back