Dustin Poirier gonna destroy Nate Diaz anyone agree?

Diaz is going to get his ass kicked. The guy beats Conor who had to blow up to 170 and everyone thinks he's some elite fighter. Loses the rematch and has not fought at 155 in 3 years.

Poirier will win every round of this fight. Diaz will get tagged and clown. Then complain about the decision afterward.
instead of being a hater be realistic, Dustin's cardio is not so great nor is his boxing. I can see him working leg kicks but I cant see him keep that kind of pace for five rounds

It'll be interesting how the psychological warfare plays out. I can see Nate get into Dustin's head easily.

Why is Nate’s boxing always complemented ? He blocks punches with his face, lacks speed and power in his punches and no footwork... what am I missing that everyone else sees?

UFC wants Diaz vs McGregor 3 so unfortunately the deck is stacked against Dustin. Rooting for Dustin though.

Dustin could easily win. Nate could also easily win. It's what makes MMA fun

I really have no doubt Nate will get smoked in this fight

I think this is gonna be a one sided ass kicking. Than again when Nate comes off of layoffs he beats people you dont expect him to beat. How you guys see this going?

NO...I don't see it that way...and here's why....dustin is a standup fighter...and nate is very very tough to beat with pure standup...when you look at guys that beat him, aside from conor...benson henderson, RDA, they both beat him using mostly takedowns with standup mixed in...it's going to be a very hard fight for anyone trying to beat nate, with pure standup...

Diaz is going to get his ass kicked. The guy beats Conor who had to blow up to 170 and everyone thinks he's some elite fighter. Loses the rematch and has not fought at 155 in 3 years.

Poirier will win every round of this fight. Diaz will get tagged and clown. Then complain about the decision afterward.
I would rate him similarly as I would peak Nick Diaz. Which Is a very fair assessment quite honestly.

Their boxing is negligible at this point. Jiu jitsu is negligible. Albeit slightly different styles and approaches In both.

Fighting Nate at this stage of his career, very comparable to fighting Nick. People can make of that what they will but It's the truth. Depends where you rank Nick really.

Regardless of what people believe about them, Either Diaz bro Is a tough fight for anyone on the planet depending on the night. That's the reality.

I think Dustin is probably the favorite, especially if it's a 3 rounder. But Nate never really gets 'destroyed', it just looks like it because walking through a spiderweb would cut him.

I think if Dustin has a good gameplan and doesn't stay stationary too long he wins, but if he gets roped into a slugfest or pure boxing match he will get TKO'ed.

instead of being a hater be realistic, Dustin's cardio is not so great nor is his boxing. I can see him working leg kicks but I cant see him keep that kind of pace for five rounds

Not being a hater at all. Diaz has not fought in 2 years and its been 3 since he made LW. Poirier is in his prime and has fought some top level guys recently. I don't put a ton of stock into Diaz fighting Conor at 170 because that's not what this fight will be at. Dustin has good stand up, it's not just about boxing.

Diaz always complains about losing a decision too, just like his brother.

Dustin lost to Michael Johnson and Nate beat Michael Johnson, therefore Nate will beat Dustin. The math is undeniable.

I actually think DP stops Nate on the feet....

Come at me bros

Nate Diaz still doesn't check kicks and Porier is very willing to incorporate kicking into his gameplan when it will help him. Diaz is going to get his legs chewed up for the umpteenth time.
Dustin gonna need more than leg kicks. Nate's hands are way better than his.

One thing people haven’t addressed here is the southpaw vs southpaw setting. Has Poirier fought many fellow southpaws after getting KTFO by Conor?

I know that Diaz knows damn well what he’s doing when facing a southpaw fighter. He schooled McGregor in their first meeting by making him miss a shit ton of strikes (well, percentage wise) and hitting him a lot, many times while Conor was moving in or mid-swing. Sure, let’s act like Conor just gassed and Nate is a punching bag...

Nate got caught a lot more in the second Conor fight, mainly because Conor had really prepared to fight him, prepared like he never had before. Let’s not forget that McGregor really is a good fighter. So just preparing well won’t be enough for Poirier.

I don’t think Poirier looks to wrestle Diaz too much. He might mix it up if the opportunity presents itself but telegraphing a shot against Diaz might work as well as putting your head on a noose. I guess the fight will be mostly standing, maybe some clinching (against the fence?).

Diaz is a tricky fighter to stand with as he has good reach and height to go along with it. He knows how to use his reach and he has a proper shot selection. His jab stings you in the face just when you think you are out of the danger zone. Diaz has great 1-2 and the second shot comes behind the jab in a kind of a weird rhythm.

When Diaz is at his best (cowboy, MJ and Conor 1 fights for example) he uses his tools so well that everything just fits. That results in the opponent breaking down, gassing out, getting frustrated and their morale crashes down.

I’ll be watching how Poirier decides to fight Diaz. I think he will bring leg kicks, as it would be stupid not to. Then again, MJ brought the leg kicks to the table and was having a lot of success in rd 1. Diaz checked one or two of those and took over the fight completely, displaying some great boxing and the usual and always entertaining taunting.

Will Poirier test the waters with takedowns and grapple Diaz? I’m not sure if his wrestling is at the level that he could do that and stay comfortable on the ground. Poirier has decent jiu jitsu skills for sure, but Diaz is on another level. That’s a dangerous road, but then again the whole octagon will be a war zone and I can’t wait for this event!

<{JustBleed}>

Why is Nate’s boxing always complemented ? He blocks punches with his face, lacks speed and power in his punches and no footwork... what am I missing that everyone else sees?

I love Nate as a fighter, but I agree his "boxing" looks like shit. You can't say his style isn't effective though, it's just not good boxing in the traditional sense..

When did Nate become so great? He's 9-9 in his last 18 fights. People seem to think that because he beat CM once and then lost a close decision in the second fight that he's an elite fighter. And, he hasn't even fought in 2 years. Porier wins easily in my opinion.

Dustin gets whooped imo

I agree but think Nate will be competitive for awhile. He is tough, has a great chin and decent boxing. He will get beat down but will hang in there for awhile.

I'm thinking Nate is going to struggle to make weight.......

First off Nate vs Poirier is an INCREDIBLE fight.

I'm so damn hyped for this fight !!!!!

Now honestly, I would be surpised if Poirier won.

He will have to gameplan perfectly and fight his best fight possible

Nate is the better fighter. Wins and losses don't tell you the full story

Just like how Khabib's 26-0 really isn't what it's cracked up to be upon closer inspection, Nate is much much much better then his record would ever tell you

Nearly all of losses were to wrestlers when he was green, and Thompson simply landed an unsuspecting head kick that would've knocked out a rhino

Only Conor McGOAT has ever out boxed Nate. Only Conor McGOAT has ever beat Nate in a pure stand up fight. Conor putting on the massacre striking clinic he did on Nate is only a testament to Conor's greatness

Poirier stylistically seems to really play into Nate's hands.

I would expect this to be the typical Nate fight, like against the other Poirier type fighters he has fought, where Nate is able to turn the fight into a pure boxing affair and dominates/keeps the pressure, sets a pace too much to handle and overwhelms etc

Nate's chin is just too strong. His durability is insane. He's a walking talking zombie

IF Poirier does beat Nate soundly I will be very impressed

I wont be surprised if Poirier exclusively tries to outgrapple Nate

It's Nate who should be coming in prepared to stop any wrestling gameplans

If Nate can keep the fight standing then you have to believe he has the big advantage on the feet in the boxing exchanges (Poirier needs to adopt a kick heavy gameplan against Nate)

Can't wait for this fight. Truly an awesome banger. Hyped as heck

How excited are you @MescalineDreams

Last edited:
Back