Dustin Poirier gonna destroy Nate Diaz anyone agree?

I think it depends on which Nate shows up to fight...

Lazy Nate who just wants a paycheck or Pissed off Nate who wants to fuck you up!

Either way, Dustin has a good chance to win. He's more active and has improved leaps and bounds his last few fights.

Not sure what Nate has been up to since he last fought or if he even actively trains anymore.
I heard Nate's still doing those 15 round boxing sessions all day everyday lol. Dustin might be fooked

God Nate is so over-rated on here by the casuals.

Porier will win, if it was a 5 rounder Nate would have a chance but in a 3 rounder he has to finish Porier to win and thats just not happening.

Very rarely is nathaniel 'destroyed' u drama queen

You guys remember when Chan Sung Jung just absolutely throttled Poirier on the feet?

Very rarely is nathaniel 'destroyed' u drama queen
Health wise, legit the only times we have ever seen Nate destroyed is the Thompson headkick and his fights against Conor (3 knockdowns and badly busted up face both times)

Every other loss was to wrestlers where Nate came out fairly unscathed

I have a huge gut feeling Poirier is going to try to out grapple Nate. If Nate is smart he's working on his takedown defense. He wants to keep the fight standing and dictate with his reach. Every time Poirier kicks, step in with lefts to smoother, reset. Keep Poirier at bay on his terms etc

Last I heard Nate Diaz was walking around 225 and had grown 5 inches.

what's Nate's record at LW only again?

idk if the amir khan video was that much of a compliment frankly.

He basically said he uses the homer simpson method to walk the guy down and tire him out

Only if he can duplicate the Anthony Pettis game plan. Also if Diaz has a shitty camp, which is like half the time.

Tech is everything.

Nate does have good technique. (Nate is way better then Nick)

No one in MMA can measure up to the level of technique/skill of Conor (which is why Conor made Nate look bad technique wise)

but compared to everyone else in MMA, Nate is very technical and without doubt one of the best boxers in MMA (Conor obviously being the best by leaps and bounds)

Nate's clinic on Michael Johnson when Johnson was at the height of his career was a very technical thorough out-classing
They have good technique at times.

I was just speaking In general that technique Isn't always what wins fights In high level boxing / striking. At the end of the day It can be about effectiveness, sheer will power, determination, no quit, heart, warrior spirit, all those little attributes that aren't technique that can make the difference. But it all depends

obviously perfect , crisp technique and ultimately the full package Is the ideal.. lol

But yeah, Nate getting schooled In the boxing has more to do with Conor just being on another level than It does with Nate. Nate definitely has some of those attributes that allow him to succeed In spite of being out techniqued though.

idk if the amir khan video was that much of a compliment frankly.

He basically said he uses the homer simpson method to walk the guy down and tire him out
doesn't sound too far from what Andre ward said.. lol. Basically that what makes the Diaz bros Formidable In the boxing Is they just don't stop coming. They're zombies

By MMA standards their boxing technique Is very good as well, although what makes them most dangerous Is definitely those attributes and their mentality.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly TS.

This is a horrible sylistic matchup for Dustin. Unless Nate comes back with major, and I mean MAJOR octagon rust, I don't see any way he wins this fight.

Nate by being tree times the bigger man

Why is Nate’s boxing always complemented ? He blocks punches with his face, lacks speed and power in his punches and no footwork... what am I missing that everyone else sees?
Because he throws an overlapping jab cross combo. It's been enough to bamboozle many MMA fighters, and impress his fans.

Nate is better everywhere. Bad matchup for Dustin.

I see this being a close fight either way. I want Dustin to win.

Back