Dustin Poirier gonna destroy Nate Diaz anyone agree?

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
nate-diaz-dustin-poirier-ufc-230.jpg

I think this is gonna be a one sided ass kicking. Than again when Nate comes off of layoffs he beats people you dont expect him to beat. How you guys see this fight going?

Last edited:
I see Dustin winning a 3 rounder... but not a 5 rounder with Nate. I also see Dustin taking Nate softly and underestimating him as well.

wouldn't surprise me tbh nates been out a while and Dustin has been on a roll . Obviously nate has the advantage on the ground but I see no way Dustin takes it there

I see Nate being WORLDS ahead of Dustin In the boxing. I see strength not being as much of a factor for Nate at 155 as It has been In the past as he's Incorporated more eggs / fish Into his diet..where as he's been predominantly vegan, plant based on previous fights..leading to Issues In strength, allowing him to be controlled easier on the ground. I would expect a much bigger and stronger Diaz at 155. Worth noting that previous fights In which that happened were also In a pre usada era.

I see his jiu jitsu probably being better than It's ever been, given that he's been training with Kron(son of Rickson gracie) for 3-4 years now. So, should Poirier take him down..he's going to be facing some of the best bottom game In the division. I don't think anyone who takes Nate down right now Is going to have an easy time. Not unless you're Khabib. This fight Is rough for Dustin everywhere It goes and quite honestly It's a terrible style matchup for him.

He doesn't get credit but Nate has Improved a great deal In the past 3-4 years. He's in his prime and I would compare him to peak Nick at this stage of his career. His previous run at LW and his record don't paint an accurate picture of where he truly stands skill wise as a fighter and In the division currently. Although maybe they did for him at the time.

I'm sure Poirier will try to box with him a bit and probably also take him down, but he's likely to be heavily outmatched In both areas.

Last edited:
Possible, but doubtful. Diaz is, imo a more talented fighter, but doesn't seem to take it so seriously lately. Ring rust is probably the biggest factor for him.
He has good boxing, bjj, and cardio. What is Poirer good at that gives him an advantage?

I'd like to see Nate win but ring rust can be a motherfucker.

Poirier's boxing has definitely Improved but It's still very sloppy. Not expecting much success for him there at all. His style on the feet Is tailor made for someone like Nate.

Expect him to gameplan around taking Nate down, even there It will not be easy. Might even see him get subbed

Theres a reason Nates coming back now, a matchup vs a top 5 LW that he can win

Diaz wins easily

Dustin gets too emotional in these kind of fights, that's why he lost to Conor and Johnson, and Nate will do everything to provoke Poirier on press conferences and in fight itself.
Nate via TKO.

I can see Nate winning this one.

Diaz is going to get his ass kicked. The guy beats Conor who had to blow up to 170 and everyone thinks he's some elite fighter. Loses the rematch and has not fought at 155 in 3 years.

Poirier will win every round of this fight. Diaz will get tagged and clown. Then complain about the decision afterward.

Id pick nate,i think he is as strong or stronger then poirer in the areas he shines in,plus he has the better chin

As someone posted that video of Amir Khan, Diaz actually has very underrated standup. His weakness has always been wrestling, because even though he's good at BJJ, wrestlers with good submission defense usually beat people with bad TDD.

I feel like Nate Diaz could very well beat Poirier in a 5 round fight. It really all depends what version of Nate Diaz we see. Has his time off made him softer? Or has he been training and working on his boxing full time? If the latter is true, it's going to be a bad night for Poirier.

Poirier fought at 145 (that's where he fought McGregor). Nate should have a decent size advantage

Nate should have an advantage pretty much everywhere except wrestling. Mind you he's good off his back and Dustin has been engaging in a lot of standup wars lately.

Unless Poirier can kick him in the like Josh did, I see no way he could finish him standing.

I hope you are correct but I do not actually agree, unless Nate comes back a shadow of his former self I think he'll probably beat Dustin...

Doubt he actually makes the weight though.

Dustin loses to guys with better hands. Nate will box him up and finish with a guillotine in the 3rd. Dustin will get tired and shoot a takedown and the ending will be similar to his fight with KZ.

Brah Nate is fucking dustin up , I can't see dustin winning this nate is too tough and crazy

Nate Diaz still doesn't check kicks and Porier is very willing to incorporate kicking into his gameplan when it will help him. Diaz is going to get his legs chewed up for the umpteenth time.

Back