Dustin Poirier being put on hold by the UFC until McGregor VS Cole Miller happens

Conor vs. Dustin would be great, fan of both fighters.

Great set of fights. Can't wait to see how it unfolds. I hope Cub gets his shot in there too.

#Aldo/McGregor2015

Greaty only for McGregor imo, getting the shortest path to a title fight.

For Poirier this sucks, if he beats Conor he won't get a shot 'cause he would have beat an unproved guy. If he got a fight for now he could prove himself.

Not a fan of either guy, just saying

Greaty only for McGregor imo, getting the shortest path to a title fight.

For Poirier this sucks, if he beats Conor he won't get a shot 'cause he would have beat an unproved guy. If he got a fight for now he could prove himself.

Not a fan of either guy, just saying

It's a title eliminator for both fighters I would imagine. Poirier would deserve a shot.

Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Porier would definitely be a great fight, but should he beat Jeremy Stephens, Cub Swanson should have the next crack at the featherweight title, unless Chad Mendes wins at UFC 176 and an immediate re-match is granted.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for Conor (Miller strikes me as being an arrogant dick), and it's certainly possible he pulls off the KO or outpoints Miller standing in a manner similar to what Nam Phan did, I just haven't seen enough of Conor's ground game to favour him over Cole.

lol, miller is fighting conor and you call miller an arrogant dick.

Lol if Miller beats Conor and if Stephens beats Cub.

Its ridiculous considering Mcgregor a contender, but now i want him to beat Miller so Poirier can absolutely destroy him, even though that shot should be for the winner of Stephens vs Swanson

No love for cub?.....he'll fight winner of Aldo vs Mendes and Poirier will fight McGregor in the mean time

Except that's not a given. Odds aside, McGregor is being fast tracked a title shot, how are you not able to see this

Its ridiculous considering Mcgregor a contender, but now i want him to beat Miller so Poirier can absolutely destroy him, even though that shot should be for the winner of Stephens vs Swanson

If Conor wrecks Cole why shouldnt he get a fight with Poirier? Hes probably the most popular fighter in the division and hes beaten Holloway easily with a shredded ACL.

You seem like one of the bitter Conor haters acting like Poirier wouldnt be the underdog in that fight. Go watch a Poirier fight he gets rocked in every single one of them.

MacGregor vs Poirer would be awesome fun.

Obviously Dustin is far more proven and one of my faves at 145, he does get tagged a bit and if we've seen nothing else from Connor, its that he hits pretty hard and accurately.

Good fun.

No offense to Cole Miller who I completely disregarded in this.

They want to Get McGregor to a title shot before he loses. Problem is, putting him up against Poirier is a shorty way to do it. He's fighting like a man possessed after the KZ loss, and I doubt McGregor could beat him at this point.

Back