Dustin Poirier being put on hold by the UFC until McGregor VS Cole Miller happens

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
They'll book him VS McGregor for a possible title shot if McGregor wins. So they want to hold him out of fights until McGregor fights.

Via UFC Tonight.

Just saw this. Wow. McGregor being fast tracked... no love for Cub

I honestly favor Conor to beat both of them. Dustin's style plays into Conor's hands.

Damn, fast tracking McGregor. Why not strike while the guy has such an amount of hype behind him. If he beats Poirier it wouldn't be completely unjustifiable.

Poirier vs. Conor is a good fight.

Dustin's striking defense is kinda iffy, but he can easily sub McGregot in under 38 seconds.

Damn, even the UFC knows Conor is going to whoop up on Cole.

Sometimes Poirer's striking defense concerns me.

I honestly favor Conor to beat both of them. Dustin's style plays into Conor's hands.
His striking certainly does, yeah. McGregor loves guys who come forward. Whether or not Poirier would decide to wrestle is really the big question imo.
Sometimes Poirer's striking defense (or lack thereof) concerns me.
fixed that for you

If he thrashes Jeremy Stephens and still gets held up in limbo for this shit...

:mad:

I'm sure if he demolishes Stephens like he should he'll get the shot. Maybe Poirier/McGregor will be for after that. I can't see them fucking Cub over that badly.

Ya Poirier seems to get rocked in every fight hes in.

That is unfair to Cub imo.

Cub will more then likely get the next shot if he beats Stephens. Aldo fights Mendes in early August, if McGoat wins he and Poirier would be looking at October at the earliest.

Swanson faces Aldo/Mendes winner while Porier and McGregor duke it out.

I'm sure if he demolishes Stephens like he should he'll get the shot. Maybe Poirier/McGregor will be for after that. I can't see them fucking Cub over that badly.
I'd like to think so, but you never know these days... even Bellator pretty much gave up on the "title shots are earned!" premise haha.

Cub beating Stephens then facing the winner of Aldo-Mendes II in October/November is pretty believable though I think, yeah.

Swanson faces Aldo/Mendes winner while Porier and McGregor duke it out.

This. Cub is basically guaranteed the shot with a win. Porier/McGregor winner will be after. Seems to me like the time table fits nicely.

His striking certainly does, yeah. McGregor loves guys who come forward. Whether or not Poirier would decide to wrestle is really the big question imo.fixed that for you

Yeah I was talking about the striking for sure. Conor is a great counter striker and Dustin tends drop his hands after he throws. If Dustin were to stick to a grappling strategy, then he would pose a much bigger threat.

Back