Dustin Poirier being put on hold by the UFC until McGregor VS Cole Miller happens

Poirier is too slow he isnt the one to put the breaks to this hype train. I do think it will be derailed. Even if it is by Aldo.
If McGregor makes it to a title fight then people were right about how good he is, just perhaps not to what degree. Unless you are referring to the facetious declarations of him being GOAT.

I think it sucks for Dustin. What's the point of sitting on the bench waiting for the hype train to roll into the station, when he could be fighting and making money?

Man I hope Conor recovered well from his knee injury.

Let's see how he does against Miller, if he beats him easily, there is no doubt in my mind that he's gonna wreck Poirier.

I know that there is a lot of jokes about Conor here, but people have to realize that he's something special.

I'm sure if he demolishes Stephens like he should he'll get the shot. Maybe Poirier/McGregor will be for after that. I can't see them fucking Cub over that badly.

I really hope you are right. I did think Cub should have been behind Mendes and Lamas, but now that both of them will have had their turn at Aldo (and if Cub whups Stevens) it really ought to be Cub's turn!

Man I hope Conor recovered well from his knee injury.

Let's see how he does against Miller, if he beats him easily, there is no doubt in my mind that he's gonna wreck Poirier.

I know that there is a lot of jokes about Conor here, but people have to realize that he's something special.

[YT]lkjwIZhT5hg[/YT]

If Cub beats Stephens he's obviously next, that's pretty obvious. They'll probably have Aldo/Mendes vs Cub on the same card as Conor vs Poirier.

It's true that Conor is getting a bit of a leg up on some of his competition, but for people to suggest that is solely based on his emerging star power and trash talking antics is wrong.

He's getting a push for sure, but I don't think he'd be getting it if the UFC didn't think he could back it up...

For me Conor will beat both Miller and Poirier quite handily.

Mendes, Aldo and Edgar are the only 3 fighters at FW that I wouldn't be very confident of Conor beating.

Not that I would bet against him.

Last edited:
good, prefect. the ufc should definitely keep top ten fighters on the shelf, especially with them doing less events this year...

They really want the charismatic Conor to get to a title-shot ASAP.
However, while I think he starches Miller, I would bet on Poirier taking a kicking standing (like he did against Max Holloway), taking it to the mat and submitting McGregor in round 1.

Back