Dustin Poirier being put on hold by the UFC until McGregor VS Cole Miller happens

Cub should have that shot. Or do winner of Poirer-Conor vs Cub-Stephens

I'd be ok with that. Conor might have trouble getting past Cole Miller though.

Okay, for you people complaining about Cub the Dublin fight is in the middle of July and Aldo/Mendes the beginning of August. If everything plays out right you schedule the possible Aldo/Cub fight on the same day or near to the possible McGregor/Poirier fight. Problem solved.

Poirier is overrated. I could see Miller or McGregor finishing him.

Wow Conor leaping into title picture right away.

Funny thing that Poirier is actually a winnable fight for Conor since Poirier tends to leave his chin out there but then again he showed in last few fights that he can take it so who knows. Still much better match up for Conor than Cub. I think Cub would outstrike Conor easily.

All that being said watch as Miller subs Conor and we all die laughing

Can't believe they've put Poirier on ice

Makes absolute marketing sense.

If Cub beats Stephens, give him a title shot against Mendes / Aldo winner.
If McGregor beats Miller give him Poirier in a title eliminator. Poirier, with respect is probably the most "beatable" of the elite FW, but is an exciting fighter in his own right.

If things get fucked up, you have Frankie Edgar, who by virtue of having won the LW title can be plugged in just about everywhere. Or should BJ Penn somehow beat Edgar, you could even almost justify a Penn title shot (if not Cub, Mcgregor etc)

I'd like to think so, but you never know these days... even Bellator pretty much gave up on the "title shots are earned!" premise haha.

Cub beating Stephens then facing the winner of Aldo-Mendes II in October/November is pretty believable though I think, yeah.
The time frame seems right for everything but you gotta figure someone gets injured and ruins the whole thing.
Yeah I was talking about the striking for sure. Conor is a great counter striker and Dustin tends drop his hands after he throws. If Dustin were to stick to a grappling strategy, then he would pose a much bigger threat.
Let Conor murder Cub, please.
You two always have the cutest avatars. I suspect you're secretly the same person and Seoul is the account you use when you want to post a little bit more aggressively.
yeah. but the problem is, he never does, which doesn't really make sense to me because you can usually win the round via wall'n'stall even if you don't get a takedown... but regardless, it seems that he essentially, like, wants to bang, bro, which is not good against a counterpuncher like Conor.
Poirier is the prototypical MMA fighter. Good but not great at everything. I think he's good enough to stay in the top 10 for years to come but I don't think he has anything that will distinguish him and I think anyone who is great at any one aspect should beat him as long as they can impose that dimension. I think Conor can.
Greaty only for McGregor imo, getting the shortest path to a title fight.

For Poirier this sucks, if he beats Conor he won't get a shot 'cause he would have beat an unproved guy. If he got a fight for now he could prove himself.

Not a fan of either guy, just saying
Brimage, Holloway, Miller, and Poirier

Not a murderer's row but not really an easy path to a title shot either.
Baby Jay swoops in to a title shot with a win over Frankie. I still believe! :icon_chee
I think the winner of BJ/Frankie will be the UFC' trump card should any of these relevant fighters get injured.

The time frame seems right for everything but you gotta figure someone gets injured and ruins the whole thing.

You two always have the cutest avatars. I suspect you're secretly the same person and Seoul is the account you use when you want to post a little bit more aggressively.

Poirier is the prototypical MMA fighter. Good but not great at everything. I think he's good enough to stay in the top 10 for years to come but I don't think he has anything that will distinguish him and I think anyone who is great at any one aspect should beat him as long as they can impose that dimension. I think Conor can.

Brimage, Holloway, Miller, and Poirier

Not a murderer's row but not really an easy path to a title shot either.

I think the winner of BJ/Frankie will be the UFC' trump card should any of these relevant fighters get injured.

Seoul and I disagree on far too many fights to be the same person, Lmao.

Hearing this makes me really want to see cole miller win.

I highly doubt that Cub is getting passed over, McGregor vs. Poirier would be for the title shot after Cub's.

Back