1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dustin Poirier (25-6) vs. Nate Diaz (20-12) [Called Out]

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Jan 28, 2020.

?

Dustin vs. Nate

1. Dustin

71.5%
  2. Nate

28.5%
  1. ReadWrite Banned Banned

Cancelled UFC 230 Fight Plan Reconsidered

[​IMG]

“I know it’s a fight I can shine in,” Dustin Poirier told MMA Junkie. “I know it’s a fight that at this point of my career where I’d be excited to do that training camp and do those boxing rounds and do those jiu-jitsu rounds.

That’s a fun opponent to get ready for with my style of fighting and, with the coaches I have around me, I think I can prepare very well for that fight and put on a great performance.

“I’d [also] be willing to box him if they wanted to do that. I wish Zuffa Boxing was around and we’d have an opportunity. [He] and his brother were always talking about crossing over to boxing. I’d love to put the paws on him.

“I would love that fight. I would do it at 170. I would do it at whatever weight they wanted to do it. I think that’s a fun fight. I think the fans would like that fight.

“I still respect the guy as a fighter. I’ve said in a recent interview, and I’ll admit I’m a fan of the guy. Anytime he fights, I’m going to buy the pay-per-view. I’m going to watch him fight. He’s a fighter’s fighter. I like to see the stuff he brings into the octagon. He’s a fun fighter to watch, and those are the kind of guys that I want to fight.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/dustin-poirier-wants-nate-diaz-willing-to-box-mma-ufc-video

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. tonil Red Card

meaningful fight

3. Jackonfire BMF Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

You had your chance and chickened out. You chose a 145'er instead And went the distance with him.

<{Heymansnicker}>

4. Megatronlee Silver Belt

Nate will lose but I hope he wins

5. Twixt Orange Belt

poirier dominates

6. Kenny Powerth Jean Belt (Jelt)

Nate won't take this fight anyway.

7. Verace Gold Belt

Im all about making juicy titles, but having it look deceiving is BS. I wouldnt say anything if it was an isolated case, but it has been a constant thing with TS lately

Which is sad to see, because i always enjoyed his contributions to the forum... but recently he started doing this shit all the time

So <3>. Readwrite you're not <StillMyBoy> anymore.

You used to be cool fam.

8. [email protected] Yellow Belt

I'm going with Nate. Dustin can be broken mentally, but Diaz has so much scar tissue I'm scared a jab can cut him up. Unless a doctor stops it, I don't see Dustin stopping him

9. Harlekin Black Belt

Poiriers weakness are southpaws, due to his shoulder roll. Fast and powerful is even worse.
    Well Nate isn't powerful nor super fast, but still a southpaw and with his size and reach advantage he negates Poirier's shoulder roll.

Poirier should still win, but he will have more troubles with Diaz, than he should.

10. Fraz WATP

Wtf? No Masvidal rematch? Most agree that Nate would have finished him in the 5th.

11. Siauliai Blue Belt

Nate does not deserve to fight Dustin.

12. ZOD66 Brown Belt

Why you hate him, he stop drinking I respect that

13. VVarhead Banned Banned

Poirier pulled out of their last fight after talking mad shit about Diaz possibly pulling out.. He doesn't deserve the fight.

14. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

nah Diaz is shot. His boxing has looked terrible since his return. It's a good fight, I'm down to watch it but I think Dustin mops the floor with Diaz now.

15. ION CUTELABA Blue Belt

great fight but 100% dustin finishes nate in this one.

16. wanted226 Purple Belt

Mega interesting fight. Diaz is a diva now so probly fat chance of booking it. But he knows it costs him to beat Dusty. It just may be the first PPV I'd buy if it happens. One of the few match ups that match Conor hype :)
    Also, I wonder what happened to all that constant training Nate does for a fight when Masvidal butchered him. Disappointed af with that. So the booking would be either a solid comeback from shadow realm for Diaz or last rites and swan song if Dustin buries him. Peahead owes us that, too, after he gave up his neck to the Dagi last summer.

17. HI SCOTT NEWMAN ✔ Cats are the only hope for planet survival ✔

Nice fight, would be fun!.

18. TheLinguist You’ve yee’d your last haw Banned

I like the match up

19. robbie Brown Belt

Poirier and Diaz are exciting fan favorites who rarely have a boring fight. Both are good on the feet and good on the ground. Poirier has way more power and stronger in clinches and when grappling. Nate is long and pressures well, but I think Poirier is skilled enough to handle that problem. If I'm Poirier I would also attack the lead leg as Nate is not good at checking leg kicks and that will slow him down. Poirier by comfortable decision or late TKO.

20. Zebra Cheeks 2 Cheeks And A Soda Staff Member Senior Moderator

Great fight, but I see it going a lot like the masvidal vs Nate fight. Something tells me a proper WW sized Dustin would be deadly as hell if he picked up just a little more power. His punches are so accurate, quick and technical. A little extra something on those punches could be a big deal