Dustin Poirier (25-6) vs. Nate Diaz (20-12) [Called Out]

Dustin vs. Nate

• Total voters
Thats nice and all but the fact remains, Dustin could have had this fight already but pulled out. And then talked shit from his hospital bed while Nate was about to headline Madison Square Garden.

(And I'm sorry if you really though Max was going to break Aldo's defense record. You should have talked to me. I would have let you know)
Dang I just got hosed.

"Dustin Poirier wants to sink his teeth into a Nate Diaz bout on the Jorge Masvidal vs Kamaru Usman fight card in July. The welterweight champion, Kamaru Usman is expected to defend his belt against ‘BMF champion’ Jorge Masvidal. ‘The Diamond’ is willing to join the blockbuster fight card if it is to fight Nate Diaz." -BJPenn.com

I think its a fun fight that makes sense. Dustin just got whooped by the champ and has imo no business near a #1 contender fight yet. And Nate really has no place demanding money fights anymore after that asswhooping, he needs a solid win to campaign for that Masvidal rematch or the Conor trilogy.

Dustin would beat him. But I see Nate fighting Conor next...

Dustin finishes what Mas started with a Cajun Baptism...

im surprised at the amount of people picking dustin. i think nate beats him.

Nate will lose but I hope he wins

Nah, Nate will dust Porier on the feet then tap him on the mat.

Terrible matchup for Porier.

That being said, it would be a great fight. I would definitely bet on Nate though.

Cancelled UFC 230 Fight Plan Reconsidered

qMhgaxG.png

“I know it’s a fight I can shine in,” Dustin Poirier told MMA Junkie. “I know it’s a fight that at this point of my career where I’d be excited to do that training camp and do those boxing rounds and do those jiu-jitsu rounds.

That’s a fun opponent to get ready for with my style of fighting and, with the coaches I have around me, I think I can prepare very well for that fight and put on a great performance.

“I’d [also] be willing to box him if they wanted to do that. I wish Zuffa Boxing was around and we’d have an opportunity. [He] and his brother were always talking about crossing over to boxing. I’d love to put the paws on him.

“I would love that fight. I would do it at 170. I would do it at whatever weight they wanted to do it. I think that’s a fun fight. I think the fans would like that fight.

“I still respect the guy as a fighter. I’ve said in a recent interview, and I’ll admit I’m a fan of the guy. Anytime he fights, I’m going to buy the pay-per-view. I’m going to watch him fight. He’s a fighter’s fighter. I like to see the stuff he brings into the octagon. He’s a fun fighter to watch, and those are the kind of guys that I want to fight.”

usa_today_10056013.0.jpg

th

th

background-dustin-revised-1b.jpg

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/dustin-poirier-wants-nate-diaz-willing-to-box-mma-ufc-video
Dustin leg kicks Nate to death for 3 - 5 rounds.

Nate needs a winnable fight maybe Kevin Lee in a 5 rounder or even a Perry

Nate needs a winnable fight maybe Kevin Lee in a 5 rounder or even a Perry

This is literally the easiest fight Nate can take other than McGregor.

He is literally better than Porier everywhere, I don't see how people think Porier will beat him. Better boxing, longer reach/height, better chin, better cardio, better grappling.

Porier is more explosive and faster but other than that, this is easy pickings for Nate IMO. Especially since it's unlikely he will get KO'd.

Wtf? No Masvidal rematch? Most agree that Nate would have finished him in the 5th.

He wouldn’t have made it to the 5th.

Who has he even finished in the 5th anyway? He was getting demolished and it was only getting worse as the fight went on. The Diaz brothers being late round finishers is a myth.

Diaz has never finished anyone in championship rounds and his last round 3 finish was 10 years ago against Marcus Davis. He was gassed and almost finished going into round 4. He would have lost a decision or got TKO’ed.

Nate is now a money fight not quite red panty more like fresh white boxers out the box money...

Horrible matchup for Nate

Poirier proved that a volume striker with suffocating pressure gives him no problems at all (Holloway)

Nate is a budget Holloway

Nate is now a money fight not quite red panty more like fresh white boxers out the box money...
fair point but even if he is half the worth of red panty party, he is at least as difficult an embodiment to verse! the question is Y? Y and wherefore you would git paid millions for beating a fookin 5ft9 sprinter and then under a mil to go against a 6ft extremely conditioned black belt with similarly advanced boxing and chin? I think I'd rather settle on an alternative, for the money, of simply beating a top 5 manlet twice instead of experiencing the Diaz boss fight lol
That being said, Nate really disappointed as BMF he was supposed to be christened. Instead he just got baptised.

Last edited:
Nate has no business fighting anyone in any top 10

Back