Dustin Poirier (25-6) vs. Nate Diaz (20-12) [Called Out]

Dustin vs. Nate

• Total voters
You had your chance and chickened out. You chose a 145'er instead And went the distance with him.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Ok but that 145er was max Holloway it’s not like he took a top 10 145er moving up. At the time it was a guy a lot of us could have seen beating some of aldos ridiculous FW records. I think most people would say that at the time max was the harder fight over Nate, and if you ask my opinion, I don’t think nates in the same discussion difficulty wise. Sure max might not have looked amazing, but to pretend Dustin had nothing to do with that is silly.

Last edited:
Nah. Dustin had his chance and pulled out. If anything win or lose, diaz can put people over. Dustin ain't worth that spotlight. Justin gaethje? I'm in for that. If tony ferg loses to khabib, book that too. Dustin has put on some awesome scraps but let's be honest how many fights nate got left? I wouldn't be surprised if he was done now. The few fights we might see him in should be used very selectively, not for Nate's sake per se but the people that'd gain from the exposure

Diaz is nothing more then a gate keeper who never fights that’s way over valued by Mma fans because they love his personality

Wtf? No Masvidal rematch? Most agree that Nate would have finished him in the 5th.
Don’t you know if Nate and Nick never lost those fights they lost they would have won

Get your "hip" ready playboy and don't back out this time.

giphy.gif

This would be easy for Dustin

Ok but that 145er was max Holloway it’s not like he took a top 10 145er moving up. At the time it was a guy a lot of us could have seen beating some of aldos ridiculous FW records. I think most people would say that at the time max was the harder fight over Nate, and if you ask my opinion, I don’t think nates in the same discussion difficulty wise. Sure max might not have looked amazing, but to pretend Dustin had nothing to do with that is silly.
Thats nice and all but the fact remains, Dustin could have had this fight already but pulled out. And then talked shit from his hospital bed while Nate was about to headline Madison Square Garden.

(And I'm sorry if you really though Max was going to break Aldo's defense record. You should have talked to me. I would have let you know)

Nate won't fight at 155 anymore, he's stated it a few times now. I also don't hink he'll fight Dustin either, maybe idk. Nate hasn't looked very sharp since he returned (even in his win against Pettis) so I'd favor Dustin if it does happen.

If only Nate could teach Poirier the lesson he deserves

You had your chance and chickened out. You chose a 145'er instead And went the distance with him.

<{Heymansnicker}>
That was for a belt interim, but still, and he won...the same 145 guy was at one point scheduled to fight Khabib for the LW belt and was the 145 champion at the time, it wasnt such bad move imho, now Nate fight can happen, they were not fighting for anything back then, it would be the same now, most likely not a PPV now that Nate has lost some steam, but it can be a good fight night main event.

Nate lost all his leverage ever since Masvidal stole the spotlight. Nobody is talking about Diaz anymore and thats not to hate on the guy. Just think he didn't do himself any favors by acting like a diva all the time as well his long periods of inactivity. The poirier fight is probably the best fight on the table for him in terms of putting him back in rankings and he should accept that fight in a heartbeat. If I had to pick, it would definitely be Poirier in a decision victory, man just has way more tools in his striking offence

<{Heymansnicker}>
That 145er also happens to be a former world champ. Wasn't max a 2 to 1 favorite? Besides there's really absolutely nothing wrong with this fight... On paper at least. Both guys need a win. Beating the dogshit out if diaz would give Dustin all the confidence he needs to move on. Diaz winning would also be a nice feather in his cap...let them. Or alternatively book diaz vs perry. Those two deserve each other.

It's obvious that Dustin just wants money fights right now. All the power to him I guess.

It's obvious that Dustin just wants money fights right now. All the power to him I guess.

He did call out Gaethje iirc but I doubt Gaethje takes another fight before Khabib/Ferguson plays out.

Nate's a terrible match-up for him. Poirier's a volume puncher with a shaky chin. Nate wins such a brawl. Nate's better on the ground as well.

i think Nate might be a bad matchup for Dustin
either way its a good fight but i doubt Nate diva takes that fight

3 Rounds Dustin

5 Rounds Nate

Like both these guys a ton.

Or one more possibility?

QuD8HzN.jpg

209 Bitches !

Back