• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dune 2 is terrible.

Movie would be fine if Chani was switched to someone other than Zendaya and then it followed the book in the final scene with Paul assuring Chani that he would keep Irulan as merely an unloved figurehead.

I read the books so I know what's going on, but for clueless people, that ending was hilarious. Out of nowhere, "I'm marrying the princess." Zendaya runs off to make another generic facial expression.

i absolutley loved the first one..super immersive...the second was just...meh

I don't think it was just her character but rather the group of Fremen she was with all behaved like modern American young adults, for a film which tried so far to sell its concept seriously than undermined it quite a bit.
Characters in every movie behave like people of their actor’s time. We probably notice it more because we’re older now. But this could be said of just about any movie. The writers are influenced by their experiences, and so are the actors. And their experiences are those of the modern world.

I thought it was fine but nowhere near as good as part 1.

I felt the same towards BladeRunner2049, yet other people love it; incredibly slow and boring, It didn't have the same mystifying atmosphere/vibe, None of the characters were memorable

I loved both Dune movies but yea I couldn't get into BladeRunner at all. Even the first one kind of put me to sleep.

watched it again last night, loved it. I also really like the book though, maybe that matters.

I read the books so I know what's going on, but for clueless people, that ending was hilarious. Out of nowhere, "I'm marrying the princess." Zendaya runs off to make another generic facial expression.
yeah that was unnecessary, they really played up the friction between those two. maybe I'm just getting forgiving in my old age but I was able to look past some obv flaws.

Dune 2 was dope. Candaya kind of sucks but other than that it was solid. Lisan Al Gaib

Dune could have been weird AF director jorodowsky was working on a dune in 1974.
1*BcDFAm-XDrOGLoXqbDmMFQ.jpeg

I enjoyed both movies alot. Not perfect but very entertaining!

I just cant really buy Chalamet though. Much as I try I wish they got someone else to do the role.

Last edited:
The two Dune movies are a bona fide miracle. Shouldn't be possible to make a movie out of that book, but Villeneuve did it and it is awesome. Are there minor things you could quibble with? For sure, but that is the case in any sprawling sci-fi fantasy.

Overall, these movies are wonderfully realised and take you with them into another world. I eagerly await Dune Messiah. There is still so much more in the Dune universe that could work on the screen and Villeneuve is the man to do it.
When I go to a theatre, I wanna see a movie that delivers on this level

I thought it was a good movie but drastically overrated. It was like a good movie but not sure how people can call it a masterpiece or something ridiculous like that.

I've watched both and enjoyed both.

Though I'm concerned how well they will age with time.

This era of cinema is very bizarre, and given the extremely low standard of so many releases I wonder if we give far more praise to 'good' movies than they deserve. Both Dune movies look absurdely good in IMAX and are best viewed with that experience, but... perhaps flaws that were not commonly noticed in IMAX will be more commonly noticed after multiple viewings within our own homes.

The best example I can think of is Mad Max Fury Road, which was given its due praise by audiences and critics when it was released in IMAX. But... the years haven't been kind to it and its now viewed as pretty shallow beyond the amazing visuals and action scenes.

If you passionately disagree with me, I respect your opinion. Only time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Reactions: HHJ
Back