Driving for powerlifters

joshetc

butthole hurts from teh gay
Reaction score
I'm really curious to know if anyone here drives a stick on a regular basis. I'm looking at buying a new car, and I would like to buy a bullitt mustang. Only concern I have is how it'll feel the day after a huge squat session.. Does anyone here drive one?

I have had to call a taxi or a friend to come pick me up at the game on more than one occasion after a grueling squat session--but not nearly enough to dictate the kind of car I would purchase. I think at the time I drove a truck with a manual shift.

A stick is a lot more fun than an automatic. I used to drive 2001 Cobra. The only time I would advise against a stick is if you are in stop and go traffic on the highway everyday. Then you are riding the clutch the whole time. Or if you have a vagina, then you could buy a muscle car with an automatic.

but not nearly enough to dictate the kind of car I would purchase.

Exactly. Buy what you want and deal with it. I've only bought manual vehicles for the last 10 years probably. Several of which were Mustangs.

Cool. I guess I'll just buy the bullitt. I'm excited.. bullitt is def the best mustang I've seen IMO.

I thought about it cause I could barely stand up when I woke up this morning..

Do you know how to drive stick? If not, it's a great thing to learn, even though it's a pain at first.

Guaranteed -- at least once in your life you'll really, really need to borrow someone's car and the only one available will be stick.

Cool. I guess I'll just buy the bullitt. I'm excited.. bullitt is def the best mustang I've seen IMO.

I thought about it cause I could barely stand up when I woke up this morning..

Nice...

104202000-Bullitt-Mustang-GT-Concept-Rearview-1280x960.jpg

I wanted to get a stick when we were shopping for our car, but it's virtually useless to have one here.

Do you know how to drive stick? If not, it's a great thing to learn, even though it's a pain at first.

Guaranteed -- at least once in your life you'll really, really need to borrow someone's car and the only one available will be stick.

Yeh I've drove a stick like once. It is about time I learn.. I do suck really bad at it.

It's a new car, so it shouldn't matter too much. Clutches on new cars are not very stiff, atleast no any more than the gas pedal would be. Now if you were talking about a classic mustang it could be a problem.

It's a new car, so it shouldn't matter too much. Clutches on new cars are not very stiff, atleast no any more than the gas pedal would be. Now if you were talking about a classic mustang it could be a problem.

i learned on a 95' Z28, the clutch is pretty damn stiff on the car but nothing unbearable, although i did have a calf cramp in traffic the one time... that sucked badly

I have no idea how to drive stick, I've never even tried. My friend used to drive a Dodge Dart that was stick and fucked up the engine or tranny or whatever so many times he spent as much fixing the thing as he did buying it.

Stick is like most things, everyone can pick it up, but very few people can do it well

i learned on a 95' Z28, the clutch is pretty damn stiff on the car but nothing unbearable, although i did have a calf cramp in traffic the one time... that sucked badly

Just so you know 95 is not new. Thats over a decade old. I know it feels like last week to many of us, myself included, but it was a long ass time ago.

But yeah preformance cars will always have a stiffer clutch than normal vehicals. However go back and drive something from before we were born and shit is a workout just to drive. Rock hard clutch, no power steering, etc.

Just so you know 95 is not new. Thats over a decade old. I know it feels like last week to many of us, myself included, but it was a long ass time ago.

That was the point i was trying to make, not new, had a stiff clutch but wasn't bad when you got used to it. Although you would try and kick the pedal into the engine bay of a civic if you tried driving one after...

That was the point i was trying to make, not new, had a stiff clutch but wasn't bad when you got used to it. Although you would try and kick the pedal into the engine bay of a civic if you tried driving one after...

This is so damn true. The clutch on my civic is like kicking a a soft foam pad.
After driving my brother's 300zx for a while, going back to that car was a trip.

I have had to call a taxi or a friend to come pick me up at the game on more than one occasion after a grueling squat session--but not nearly enough to dictate the kind of car I would purchase. I think at the time I drove a truck with a manual shift.

Jesus Keith is the only guy I know whose gym equipment needs to include a wheelchair for after those heavy squat days. Then again Keith is the only guy I know who squats 700+ go figure.

Manuals are soooo much better than auto boxes. Here in the UK most cars are manuals, so 90% of people grow up learning to drive them.

Ive had sessons where ive nearly fallen down the stairs after doing legs and managed to drive home fine. So get a manual and stop being a baby about it.

Back