Movies Drive (2011)

the only place this movie is mentioned is in the Mayberry. No one ever talks about Drive anywhere.
200.gif

it’s true. I like the movie also but it’s never mentioned anywhere. I’ve never even heard a person in real life mention it either. Only on here.

Depends where you post, I would say its probably the "arty film that people who don't normally watch arty films" mention most often from the last decade, either Drive or Black Swan and there both really films that package that style into more of a genre film.

Again i think you could make a good argument "Gosling acts like a girl" in that his style is basically what you'd have expected from actresses like Portman before that, mostly focused on showing subtle emotion besides aggression without much dialog.

Depends where you post, I would say its probably the "arty film that people who don't normally watch arty films" mention most often from the last decade, either Drive or Black Swan and there both really films that package that style into more of a genre film.

Again i think you could make a good argument "Gosling acts like a girl" in that his style is basically what you'd have expected from actresses like Portman before that, mostly focused on showing subtle emotion besides aggression without much dialog.

It came out the same year as Tree of Life, imo, that’s more of an Art house flick than Drive.

Like I said before, I like the movie a lot I just never hear it mentioned anywhere and never in person.

It came out the same year as Tree of Life, imo, that’s more of an Art house flick than Drive.

Like I said before, I like the movie a lot I just never hear it mentioned anywhere and never in person.

I'd agree Tree of Life is pushing further in that direction but I would say it didnt really break though outside the typical arthouse market to the degree Drive did.

Its not as talked about today as it was at the time but I still see it come up pretty often.

I'd agree Tree of Life is pushing further in that direction but I would say it didnt really break though outside the typical arthouse market to the degree Driver did.

That ending though was like 30 minutes of esoteric images. Pretty art house if I had to say so myself.

Drive is a very good movie it’s just not talked about a lot. Id say it’s very underrated

it’s true. I like the movie also but it’s never mentioned anywhere. I’ve never even heard a person in real life mention it either. Only on here.
Jim Rohn: "You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with."

Drive has 563K votes on IMDb with a $15m budget. Your friends are boors.

Jim Rohn: "You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with."

Drive has 563K votes on IMDb with a $15m budget. Your friends are boors.

That’s cool but no one ever talks about the movie. It’s almost never mentioned anywhere and I said I feel it’s highly underrated.

id still rather hang with my buddies than you. You’re like a weird robot with no social skills.

That ending though was like 30 minutes of esoteric images. Pretty art house if I had to say so myself.

Drive is a very good movie it’s just not talked about a lot. Id say it’s very underrated

I mean if the question was just what is "more arthouse" something like Hard to Be a God came out around the same time, 3 hours of obtuse Russian medieval monochrome sci fi cloated in mud, blood and shite.

Again it probably depends where your posting, Marryberry is definitely the kind of place I'd expect it to be mentioned, not really somewhere arthouse discussed alot but were tastes do go a bit beyond the mainstream quite often, generally though genre films with some artiness to them such as The Lighthouse more recently.

I mean if the question was just what is "more arthouse" something like Hard to Be a God came out around the same time, 3 hours of obtuse Russian medieval monochrome sci fi cloated in mud, blood and shite.

Again it probably depends where your posting, Marryberry is definitely the kind of place I'd expect it to be mentioned, not really somewhere arthouse discussed alot but were tastes do go a bit beyond the mainstream quite often, generally though genre films with some artiness to them.

In real life you don’t hear many people give it as a recommendation either. It was on Netflix for awhile too so it was def out there. You mentioned black swan earlier, that movie is def spoken about a lot more.

Loved this movie. Has anyone seen the newer version with the different score? I loved the music in original so not sure about giving the newer one a try

Now watch all of Refn's other movies. None quite get to the level of Drive but I think they are all good.

If I had to recommend the 2nd best, it would be Bronson. Great movie.

I also recommend Gosling's directorial debut "Lost River". It's kind of a white trash fairy tale but has a really interesting atmosphere and style like Refn.
Pusher 1 is by far his best work. (Refn)

If you loved Drive, watch The Place Beyond the Pines.

This is one of the greatest movies of the century to date. It's criminally underappreciated. It manages to be a quintessentially Christian film and American tragedy simultaneously.

If you loved Drive, watch The Place Beyond the Pines.

this film was like a bad telenovela ending to me . I think im the only person who liked "only god forgives" more. like the first half of this film was epic but the second half with the teenagers was bad telenovela garbage.

Loved this movie. Has anyone seen the newer version with the different score? I loved the music in original so not sure about giving the newer one a try

There's a newer version?

Last edited:
this film was like a bad telenovela ending to me . I think im the only person who liked "only god forgives" more. like the first half of this film was epic but the second half with the teenagers was bad telenovela garbage.

I wouldn't say it was garbage but the quality of acting definitely fell off with the kids. It is the stuff of telenovelas though; if you get rid of the father/son thing it's a different film completely.

How would you have handled this movie?

Back