Movies Drive (2011)

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I watched this movie again the other night and holy shit was it excellent! I loved almost everything about it. Gosling was awesome. The main badguy was legit intimidating. The girl was kinda cute. The soundtrack was sweet. It totally hit all the right spots.

The way the trailers make it seem you'd think it was gonna be an action packed chase movie, but it's really not. It's more of a slow, dramatic, thriller. And the whole thing is so surreal.

If by chance you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend that you do. It's on Netflix.

drive-latest-poster-568x845.jpg

Yea I loved this movie too. Pretty polarizing movie it seems. Many think it’s a masterpiece and others think it’s absolute shit

I watched this movie again the other night and holy shit was it excellent! I loved almost everything about it. Gosling was awesome. The main badguy was legit intimidating. The girl was kinda cute. The soundtrack was sweet. It totally hit all the right spots.

The way the trailers make it seem you'd think it was gonna be an action packed chase movie, but it's really not. It's more of a slow, dramatic, thriller. And the whole thing is so surreal.

If by chance you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend that you do. It's on Netflix.

The soundtrack did it for me right off the bat. The movie could have been shit but the soundtrack alone would have been worth it

It was filmed in my area (westlake). Love it, my favorite Nicolas Refn & Ryan Gosling film for sure.

Great movie.

A movie with hollywood talent, indie vibe punctuated by moment of extreme violence. One of Gosling's best movie.

One of my all time favorite films

The elevator scene is tremendous. From the moment he moves her over into the corner, with the change of lighting then the explosion of violence, the shock on her face, the disappointment on his, then ultimately finishing with a shot of the Scorpion on his back, breathing. Its an incredible scene.

Video in spoilers in case you don't want to see it.

All it was missing was Ryan Gosling with pouted mouth face flicking his head sideways each time he got out of the car in order to get that stubborn hair from his forehead.

Stellar film, great atmosphere, great acting. Drive was pure coolness, covered in legit art.

Back