douche at gym

Just tap at the first sign of a neck crank.

You may not learn how to escape neck cranks (which is a good thing to learn with a decent partner) but you will learn to defend positions which can end up with neck cranks, and that is certainly useful stuff.

Also you yourself are new so you should be tapping all the time, with this guy you can learn how to escape neck cranks or you can learn how to avoid getting into positions where they can happen. I think the later option is vastly better for you BJJ and as a bonus you don't get a fucked up neck.

He was probably new and just didn't want to get smashed by a small teen.
He will most likely chill out a bit in the future but if you can avoid him for a while.

Oh and you can tap at any point during drilling.

If you it can damage you, tap.

If you feel squashed under a heavy side control, cope.

I say tap really early. He won't get the choke on you, and he'll continue to not learn anything since he's doing it all wrong. In a short time you'll be beating him and he'll feel like an idiot. If he goes out of his way to cause pain, talk to him, then the instructor. If none of that works, find a different gym.

JM.02

Then it must really sucks to drill the darce for you.

I don't know, my old instructor named the darce and one of my former coaches arguably has the best darce in jiujitsu, so I am pretty sure I am getting darced correctly

I don't know, my old instructor named the darce and one of my former coaches arguably has the best darce in jiujitsu, so I am pretty sure I am getting darced correctly

I am not saying that it was applied incorrectly. Everytime, someone drills a darce on you, you should just tap when you feel the neck crank.

Only a newbie would just not tap until he feels the blood choke.

It is like when a newbie only taps once his arm get hyper extented while they are just supposed to be drilling.

do 30 arm drills in such fashion and you are in for a sore elbow for a few days.

Edit: the can opener from the armless triangle was douche move.

Nah, I had just learned a new escape and we were live when I went out. I really thought it would work, but it definitely did not lol

Yep. And the marce is actually called the mad darce, its not named after laimon

Tap to neck cranks. Tap early, tap often. Don't give the dick the benefit of a good drilling session.

He'll quit bjj long before you do

im gonna assume since you mentioned you are 14 you are implying you are much smaller than him and other people there.
first off, tap early if you sense a neck crank coming on.
second, you should probably just avoid the guy. if he is going for neck cranks and rape chokes on a 24 year old he is a total asshole and a taking to from the instructor probably wont do much.

Guys, seriously... Guys... Seriously..

How many 14 year olds wanna be MMA fighters have you met that are not a complete douche themselves?

There's more to this story than what TS is revealing.
most of us were probably pretty douchey when we were 14. but mma or bjj is a great thing for a kid at that age it should teach him some humility and give him some direction. last thing we should be doing is discouraging him from training. i would give anything to have had bjj and mma when i was 14 but i was too busy playing computer games and being pretty worthless.
all we have to go off of is what the ts said if its not true then it doesnt matter. its not like we are gonna go publicly execute the guy.

course this could all just be a troll post.

I say tap really early. He won't get the choke on you, and he'll continue to not learn anything since he's doing it all wrong. In a short time you'll be beating him and he'll feel like an idiot. If he goes out of his way to cause pain, talk to him, then the instructor. If none of that works, find a different gym.

JM.02

If you train, I hope this is sarcasm. If this isn't sarcasm, please never train.

Intentionally trying to keep someone from learning is on par with deliberately trying to injure someone in my book. You are training partners. You are teammates. You should be helping each other learn, not trying to sabotage one another in an effort to get better than the other guy.

What a bunch of shitty solutions.

Communication TS.

Just talk to him, tell him neck cranks aren't allowed in competition and remind him he should roll using technique instead of power.

If he still keeps doing the same, roll with other people or just man up and face him. In my opinion, if you want to be a real competitor it's good that there are people at your gym who overpower you badly. Learn how to defend against them, and you learn to fight more technical and defend better, it'll make you used to someone roughing you up.

If you ever want to become a world champion or even compete, you shouldn't care about him overpowering you and putting you in uncomfortable positions. But learn from it and get used to the pain.

Guys, seriously... Guys... Seriously..

How many 14 year olds wanna be MMA fighters have you met that are not a complete douche themselves?

There's more to this story than what TS is revealing.

Yeah what he's not revealing is that he's a troll.

In my opinion, this is a matter that you should mention to your instructor. As a newcomer, you are entitled to a certain amount of courtesy. As a 14 year old, you are entitled to be treated with a great deal more care than he is showing. If I were an instructor I would be very interested to know that a full grown male was cranking the neck of a new, young student.

A good way to mention it casually would be to just ask the instructor if the technique he applied to you was good and should you try to emulate it. He'll know what to do.

Keep up the good work.

What a bunch of shitty solutions.

Communication TS.

Just talk to him, tell him neck cranks aren't allowed in competition and remind him he should roll using technique instead of power.

If he still keeps doing the same, roll with other people or just man up and face him. In my opinion, if you want to be a real competitor it's good that there are people at your gym who overpower you badly. Learn how to defend against them, and you learn to fight more technical and defend better, it'll make you used to someone roughing you up.

If you ever want to become a world champion or even compete, you shouldn't care about him overpowering you and putting you in uncomfortable positions. But learn from it and get used to the pain.

Someone who cranks a 14 year old white belt's neck should be corrected by the instructor. It's not the duty of the young learner to verbally check the guy. That's something the instructor would love to eliminate from happening to any of his students, especially high school freshman. There's no need to ever apply force to a child's spine. Ever.

Back