douche at gym

ive only been doing bjj for a couple of months and i really like it but last class there was a new guy who i was paired up with when we were learning the darce choke. he kept neck cranking me because he didnt know how to do the darce properly so my instructer showed him some tips to make it more of a choke than neck crank. but he still couldnt do it and was neck cranking me so i reminded him what our coach said to him and he seemed to get mad at me and say it was my fault. i know this isnt that bad but i just wanted to let u know what he is like. later when we were rolling he had me in a no arm mounted triangle(basically crotch in my face haha)sort of position with my head sideways instead of looking at him with his leg on my neck lifting my head off the ground. so then he grabs my head and pushes down HARD cracking my neck and it really fucked up my neck for the next couple of days. also he had me in what joe rogan calls the rape choke lol and was choking me that way. anyways i just wanted to see what people think about this and how to deal with someone much bigger and stronger than you who gets rough like this. i am 14 btw

edit:i over exagerated the rape choke part he did choke me that way but i dont want to make it sound like i was abused(or raped) or something i didnt tap from it so that part wasnt too bad

If you want to keep doing BJJ, you have to toughen up.

"If I were* your father,*..."

tumblr_m4ron5tMbg1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Just avoid him. Talk to your instructor about it. He sounds douchie but maybe let him pair up with some experienced whitebelts or bluebelts and hopefully they may humble him. I find that a lot of douchebags that start BJJ can't get passed the whitebelt phase because their egos are too big.

Guys, seriously... Guys... Seriously..

How many 14 year olds wanna be MMA fighters have you met that are not a complete douche themselves?

There's more to this story than what TS is revealing.

i tell people, the best way to not have crazy shit happen to you at your first bjj class is to sign up for SD months/years in advance

it always seems like it is some new poster here that always has crazy issues.

i say you just armbar him when he has you mounted

(i am not saying your whole story is BS, but i am not saying anything as i am typing)

If you want to keep doing BJJ, you have to toughen up.

I disagree.
You should not toughen up against neck crank at 14.
Because neck crank will always win.
There is lot of thing wrong from ts post.
If he was saying that his neck was sore from gi burns then I would tell him to harden up.
But getting your neck jacked at techniques drilling and rolling, that is messed up.

I disagree.
You should not toughen up against neck crank at 14.
Because neck crank will always win.
There is lot of thing wrong from ts post.
If he was saying that his neck was sore from gi burns then I would tell him to harden up.
But getting your neck jacked at techniques drilling and rolling, that is messed up.

Huh.... Isn't this why tapping was invented?

Forget BJJ for now.

Its obvious you need to focus more on your writing skills. Your grammar and writing shouldn't be that awful at 14 years old. It looks like you just wrote a giant text message.

Learn to use your head. It will make BJJ much easier for you.

Pull up your damn pants and get a better hair cut, son.

If I was your father I would teach you discipline and respect.

Lmao, this is comedic gold.

I saw Marcelo Garcia tap some guy in the gym with a mounted 1 handed "rape choke". Looked badass, only Marcelo can turn a rape choke into a technical submission.

I saw Marcelo Garcia tap some guy in the gym with a mounted 1 handed "rape choke". Looked badass, only Marcelo can turn a rape choke into a technical submission.

Truth. Helio gracie didn't hate on thrusting chokes (not rape choke but still) so neither should we

bio-helio.jpg

Seriously though - to the TS - are neck cranks frowned upon in your gym? Because if not, then you need to learn how to defend against them just like any other submission, and yes tap early to preserve yourself. If they are frowned upon (and they are in a lot of places - my gym included especially for newer grapplers, or if done in a non-technical way) then it's your instructor's job to deal with this problem and he has to know about it.

It sounds like your teammate needs a talking-to by the instructor.

Huh.... Isn't this why tapping was invented?

He was getting neck cranck while drilling the darce "choke"!

If you were giving advice on how to react about a neck cranck while rolling, then just tell the kid to tap next time instead of TUF it out.

If you were giving advice on how to react about a neck cranck while rolling, then just tell the kid to tap next time instead of TUF it out.

The kid was coming on sherdog to bitch (no pun intended). My response was appropriate.

ive only been doing bjj for a couple of months and i really like it but last class there was a new guy who i was paired up with when we were learning the darce choke. he kept neck cranking me because he didnt know how to do the darce properly so my instructer showed him some tips to make it more of a choke than neck crank. but he still couldnt do it and was neck cranking me so i reminded him what our coach said to him and he seemed to get mad at me and say it was my fault. i know this isnt that bad but i just wanted to let u know what he is like. later when we were rolling he had me in a no arm mounted triangle(basically crotch in my face haha)sort of position with my head sideways instead of looking at him with his leg on my neck lifting my head off the ground. so then he grabs my head and pushes down HARD cracking my neck and it really fucked up my neck for the next couple of days. also he had me in what joe rogan calls the rape choke lol and was choking me that way. anyways i just wanted to see what people think about this and how to deal with someone much bigger and stronger than you who gets rough like this. i am 14 btw

edit:i over exagerated the rape choke part he did choke me that way but i dont want to make it sound like i was abused(or raped) or something i didnt tap from it so that part wasnt too bad

Newbies shouldn't partner with newbies for this exact reason.

Uh, I can't think of a single time I was in a darce where I wasn't getting neck cranked, even the time I went out

Newbies shouldn't partner with newbies for this exact reason.

I agree I'm just out of the 'newbie' stage but I am still a novice. I believe white belts should really I only train with green or above in Judo.

Tell him your concerns. Most of the time new people just don't know any better. I had my shoulder popped from a guy learning the kimura. he cranked it like it was a match. There was a lot of yelling and screaming but after awhile he understood during technique u don't pop a guys shoulder. At your age if that does not work tell your coach or one of the higher belts. You are not in a position to do anything else and at your age their is no shame in asking for help. Honestly a well run program should look out for the kinder anyways.

Makes me think of the Y-choke

Back