douche at gym

ohz

White Belt
Reaction score
ive only been doing bjj for a couple of months and i really like it but last class there was a new guy who i was paired up with when we were learning the darce choke. he kept neck cranking me because he didnt know how to do the darce properly so my instructer showed him some tips to make it more of a choke than neck crank. but he still couldnt do it and was neck cranking me so i reminded him what our coach said to him and he seemed to get mad at me and say it was my fault. i know this isnt that bad but i just wanted to let u know what he is like. later when we were rolling he had me in a no arm mounted triangle(basically crotch in my face haha)sort of position with my head sideways instead of looking at him with his leg on my neck lifting my head off the ground. so then he grabs my head and pushes down HARD cracking my neck and it really fucked up my neck for the next couple of days. also he had me in what joe rogan calls the rape choke lol and was choking me that way. anyways i just wanted to see what people think about this and how to deal with someone much bigger and stronger than you who gets rough like this. i am 14 btw

edit:i over exagerated the rape choke part he did choke me that way but i dont want to make it sound like i was abused(or raped) or something i didnt tap from it so that part wasnt too bad

Last edited:
Lol how old is this guy? Probably should just avoid this guy, if you get paired up with him maybe tell him to not go 100%.

Tell your instructor, at 14 you shouldn't be paired with this Dick.

Lol how old is this guy? Probably should just avoid this guy, if you get paired up with him maybe tell him to not go 100%.

i feel it's obvious to not go 100 percent with a 14 year old unless their bigger than you or extremely technical (aka better than you). The guy TS is talking about is simply an ass, that might be insecure. Just avoid him, don't pair up with him, roll with him only if your instructor picks you two to roll. I had someone in my gym that would act brain dead when drilling, just avoided him after that.

you can remind him if he ever want to compete the neck cranks, and the rape choke are both completely illegal. Tell your instructor and have him talk to him.

Lock his ass up, and choke him the fuck out. Maybe he'll learn something.

Forget BJJ for now.

Its obvious you need to focus more on your writing skills. Your grammar and writing shouldn't be that awful at 14 years old. It looks like you just wrote a giant text message.

Learn to use your head. It will make BJJ much easier for you.

Pull up your damn pants and get a better hair cut, son.

If I was your father I would teach you discipline and respect.

Forget BJJ for now.

Its obvious you need to focus more on your writing skills. Your grammar and writing shouldn't be that awful at 14 years old. It looks like you just wrote a giant text message.

Lol, whenever I read a funny reply I usually read it in the style of their avatar character. Arnie smoking a cigar = win.

Forget BJJ for now.

"If I were* your father,*..."

Forget BJJ for now.

Sounds like you are the douche he's talking about.

Forget BJJ for now.

Your name suggests you don't believe in religion, but, what about using a comma?

TS, this dude seems like he has pent up frustration.

He is obviously coming to the gym to get rid of this, no technique and attempting that shit is a clear sign this dude has been bullied or something along those lines.

People do BJJ for different reasons.

Edit. When in doubt, choke them out.

Last edited:
If you can't avoid him then the next time you roll I'd say something along the lines of "mate, can you be more careful with my neck? The last time you cranked it and it hurt for days and I don't want to end up in a wheelchair OK?"

Maybe I'm a pussy but I cannot stand any kind of cranking. I've enough injuries as it is without adding a herniated cervical disk into the mix. If someone cranks my head hard I tend let out an audible squeal!

Talk to the coach and other higher level belts. Tell the coach that you are afraid he is going to hurt you because he powers through everything for dear life. Also refuse to roll with him. He wil end up hurting you. He is probably the type of guy that tries to nutcracker your ass if he is rape choking you.

We have a 14 year old kid where I train and I think we should take care of these young guys. In a matter if years these kids are going to be young men and the future of our sport.

Just defend your neck properly, and tap right away when you think he is about to (about to, don't wait too much!) hurt your neck with a neck crank or some "nuts in yo mouth" choke.
It won't affect your game, but it will affect his. There's no need to resist that much against lame/illegal/dangerous submissions in training... once you realize you can't escape, tap, and start back from sitting.

my boy had the same problem. He started given the dude a false sense of hope....
everytime he thinks he got a submission (tap).. Just tap random stuff to give him the feeling that he is getting better.

It will save you neck and also he will think he is better to go with someone else and you make you switch quick. I know its sound bad but nobody wants to be the dude getting trashes by someone with no control. or you can do what my people do and ask a higher belt to roll with him. ( they always ask me to roll with someone that pretty reckless) its fun to me because i can try new stuff out lol

Its frustrating the best thing you can do is try to avoid them.

I have a simular problem at Judo, I often practice with a very big/fat man whos technique is pretty poor, and he usually ends up swinging me round like a rag doll rather than actually using any Judo, at first I didnt mind, but hes been there a while now and I hoped he would of picked up some technique, he hasnt and continues to muscle me around, its also a bit thoughtless swinging around someone of 168lbs, I've been injured a couple of times by the fella. All you can do is try to avoid them.

i think it's the instructors responsibility to protect students when you have a new student sparring/training with another relatively new student, especially when one of them is a minor.

I think you should talk to your instructor and either ask that he not pair you two together, or that he monitor your rolls so that more serious injuries don't occur. He should be doing that anyway.

Don't worry about offending anyone or looking weak/scared. Anyone with rank in BJJ I'm sure has been through something similar in their training and the only person who might be offending is the alleged douche who's opinion doesn't matter yet.

Tap early, I like it.
Are you learning at a jujitsu dojo or a fight gym?
People go hammer and tongs at fight gyms. If you're starting out maybe look for a controlled gym or get someone else to roll with. I'd talk to the instructor -- some people need to feel how bad it hurts them once so they know how it feels.

Back