Don't you forget about me: Kimo Leopoldo

Id never forget about Kim.......wait, what were we talking about?

Seriously? I see a bunch of guys with worse tats at every MMA event these days.

Also, people don't give the early guys enough credit. In 1994, there were no schools/gyms where you could crosstrain like you can today. And there were only a handful of guys who would/could walk into a cage and beat Kimo in 1994 or Tank in 1996. I get tired of people judging very early NHB by 2018 standards.

Terrible Tats

Better than 75% of the heavily tatted fighters today (Till, etc.). And I hate tats.

Awful awful tats though

I would rather have my 3 year old draw some on me

Accomplishments: UFC Superfight Championship Runner-up
You do realize that is the equivalent of getting a medal for coming dead last in a race?
Ill remember his as the guy with the cross who looked like he couldve won the early ufcs (muscles) then he got bjjd to death and decided to learn it. The end.

More drama right there than there is in that whole fight. One of the worst fights I have ever seen. Damn shame they put on such a stinker at the first event. Epic GIF though
I love Severn! he is the man and the one that got me watching MMA (UFC 5). But yeah this fight is beyond bad haha, I almost think it was a fixed fight where they decided to do a draw. Really weird fight.

Kimo was a bit of a Scumbag but he had quite a few exciting freak show bouts. He beat the shit out of bam bam bigelow back in the day

I love Severn! he is the man and the one that got me watching MMA (UFC 5). But yeah this fight is beyond bad haha, I almost think it was a fixed fight where they decided to do a draw. Really weird fight.

What's weird is that Kimo could actually do decent high kicks (see the intro before the Royce fight) and nearly KO'd a prime Bob Sapp with a punch years later. I don't get how he couldn't beat Severn in a stand-up fight. It looked like a bad Aero-Box workout (which was actually was popular at that time).

Definitely a fishy fight.

My favorite memory of Kimo was when old man Shamrock knee'd his face off. Yes that was like 15 years ago and the last time Ken looked decent in a fight.

Not a Kimo fan. He had some fun fights and I have no problem giving him respect as a fighter but not a great guy.
That was a main event. Ken looked surprised it landed. He almost had a look like "Now I'm going to have to keep getting beat up by other guys."

Kimo beat tank to get in that main event.

This is from memory. I was really into pride around that time, and those crap UFC shows would get me through woe of the longer gaps between pride shows.

He was real brutal, but he also popped dirty. I remember his war with Bob Sapp, probably his funniest. He also beat up a professional wrestler - prior to CM Punk and Brock Lesnar, Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow took a fight and kinda got creamed. I was rooting for The Bammer... it was real to me, dammit!

This is legit him then vs now
kimo-leopoldo_display_image_crop_north.jpg
300x300.jpg
'

Effing christ, what the hell?!

Guy held his own on the ground against a young sakuraba and beat the piss out of him; if there was ever a litmus test for MMA proficiency, at any time in the game, he had it.

Back