Don't you forget about me: Kimo Leopoldo

What's weird is that Kimo could actually do decent high kicks (see the intro before the Royce fight) and nearly KO'd a prime Bob Sapp with a punch years later. I don't get how he couldn't beat Severn in a stand-up fight. It looked like a bad Aero-Box workout (which was actually was popular at that time).

Definitely a fishy fight.
yeah very true, something not right about that fight. I'm not convinced its a real fight, and I say that as a Severn fanboy, he is a gentleman and pure class.

yeah very true, something not right about that fight. I'm not convinced its a real fight, and I say that as a Severn fanboy, he is a gentleman and pure class.
Well, Severn has been involved in fixed fights before, see the Shannon Ritch one as an example.

Man Kimo got screwed in that fight.
Gotta give Kimo credit for his willingness to develop his game as much as he did back in those days. It's a shame that his career "highlights" are usually this robbery against Sapp and being submitted by Royce. I personally enjoyed the arm traingle on Tank Abbott where he kissed him afterwards. Tank looked so pissed

Gotta give Kimo credit for his willingness to develop his game as much as he did back in those days. It's a shame that his career "highlights" are usually this robbery against Sapp and being submitted by Royce. I personally enjoyed the arm traingle on Tank Abbott where he kissed him afterwards. Tank looked so pissed
In the early UFC's where everyone was an unintentional character out of a mortal kombat game,he was king of the freaks. Im surprised he didnt go straight to the movies after that first royce fight. Maybe he had a chance and was simply too weird and unpredictable to use.

In the early UFC's where everyone was an unintentional character out of a mortal kombat game,he was king of the freaks. Im surprised he didnt go straight to the movies after that first royce fight. Maybe he had a chance and was simply too weird and unpredictable to use.
Fuck man. I miss Kimo. Really don't LIKE the dude but I loved his fights. It was always a 3 ring circus for sure

I just love seeing bob sapp gas the way he did, one second he is a world beating monster and a minute later he is gasping for air falling on his own praying for the fight to be stopped.

Reminds me of a certain Irish clown

Fuck man. I miss Kimo. Really don't LIKE the dude but I loved his fights. It was always a 3 ring circus for sure
Was never really a fan,but that fight with Royce was a classic,the dissapointment only came after that fight. If we just base it on that,your just thinking what everyone else is thinking. "Holy shit where did they find this fuckin guy???"

kimo kiss2.png kimo out 1.png kimo out 2.png kimo out 3.png kimo sub 1.png kimo sub 2.png kimo sub 3.png

I really wish we could've seen Tank vs. Kimo in the mid-90s....I really wanted to see that fight when they were younger. In fact, Tank, Kimo and Goodridge were all in the same tournament (UU8 I think?) and none of them fought each other. All 3 were powerful brutes. That may not have been the best time for Kimo, though, because he slimmed way down and had a lot of trouble with Varelens (whom Tank easily destroyed a year or so earlier). The bigger version of Kimo was better, IMO.

Was never really a fan,but that fight with Royce was a classic,the dissapointment only came after that fight. If we just base it on that,your just thinking what everyone else is thinking. "Holy shit where did they find this fuckin guy???"

Exactly. Billed as a TKD fighter, I thought Kimo was going to be a Jean Claude Van Damme wannabe who'd get submitted as soon as Royce clinched with him. He definitely looked intimidating, but I wasn't expecting any grappling ability--just a gym rat who threw a few kicks.

Best fight he was in was against Paul Varelans....hard to find online, but he was in the best shape he's ever been in, took a beating for 8 minutes then wrecked Varelans in 20 seconds when he gassed.
We watched thag as a kid on bootleg cable. Tripped me out to see him make Tank look kinda small years later.

bob-sapp-kimo-leopoldo-queer-street.gif

Exactly. Billed as a TKD fighter, I thought Kimo was going to be a Jean Claude Van Damme wannabe who'd get submitted as soon as Royce clinched with him. He definitely looked intimidating, but I wasn't expecting any grappling ability--just a gym rat who threw a few kicks.

tumblr_obtu5ugjkL1qd4esao1_400.gif

How do you say "Holy shit where did they find this fuckin guy???" In Portuguese?

8717A44C-AC36-43F5-91CA-AEE79D54EF70.jpeg

JBG bless these two, my youth wouldn’t have been the same without them.

E5B5770C-A5F3-4373-B7C5-6040197F9663.jpeg

could never forget him... royce/kimo was the first ufc fight i ever witnessed back in '94.

He was pretty stupid when he ran out to the cage and celebrated with Joe son about losing to royce. Yeah Royce couldn't continue but he still beat you. Only time I've ever seen someone celebrate over a loss.

Maximo Blanco did backflips to celebrate his own disqualification.

Back