Don't blame Ronda for not wanting to fight Cyborg.

Cut her muscle..?. Honda fought in judo at hw. She should stop fighting smaller women, if you want to go by that logic.

you are so misinformed that you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

First, the histry of Ronda going to 135 is outlined in this historical sherdog thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

Then, what happend next was that Ronda beat Budd and Cyborg got busted for steroids. Ronda still agrees to fight Cyborg at 145 (According to Cyborg and her lawyers) for the FW title. However, with Cyborg unable to get her suspension reduced SF gets rid of the 145 class, effectively cancelling the fight (Cyborg's ruins the fight #1).
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...on-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

Cyborg then says she will fight Ronda at a catchweight of 140 (Aug 13, 2012)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/13/3240734/cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-fight-catchweight

To which Ronda's manager agrees with VADA drug and hair folicle testing (Aug 19)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/20/3256102/ronda-rousey-drug-testing-cyborg-steroids-strikeforce-mma

To which Cyborg backs out almost instantly saying she "will fight at 145, no less" and that she is the champion (actually she wasn't, she was stripped of the belt), and Cyborg ruins the fight for a second time, and ducks Ronda directly for the first time.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...ight-rousey-at-145-pounds----no-less/828222/1

Then the UFC buys SF and picks up Ronda's contract and creates the 135 class. Then, the UFC picks up Cyborg's contract and even offers to let her to go Invicta and make money while she trims down until she can make 135. They even offered to PAY Mike Dolce for her to help her lose the weight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/...es-services-to-get-cyborg-to-135-ronda-rousey
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...dy-fat-percentage-cain-velasquez-ronda-rousey

Cyborg responds by asking to be released from the UFC. (Cyborg ruins the fight #3, Cyborg ducks Ronda #2)

[YT]ngrOrDcT9Fg[/YT]
[YT]TnrI1l6qvO4[/YT]

Then, the UFC gets cozy with Invicta, puts them on fightpass and makes an agreement that Cyborg will get into the UFC if she makes 135. Cyborg signs a contract to make 135 in Dec 2014, but continues to lift weights on a daily basis and doesn't even try to cut the weight, pulling out of the fight and saying she will continue to fight at 145, but that she will still fight Ronda at 145, effectively ducking the fight again (duck #3) by not agreeing to the terms that will get her the bout agreement

This doesn't even take into account all the times Cyborg says she is going to 135, then she will die if she does, then she will be fine, then dead again ... etc.

Here is Cyborg weighing in at 140

cyborg-weighin.jpg

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/elitexc-unfinished-business-weigh-in-results

she doesn't exactly look like a concentration camp victim, she is still carrying a ton of muscle mass. She just has to drop five pounds of it and the fight is on. Cyborg is just too psychologically attached/addicted to her muscle mass to let it go. She knows she can keep her name in the headlines by barking at Ronda from a distance, while never having to actually take the fight.

Cyborg has no leverage to dictate the terms. Ronda is going nowhere, she is a stationary target, if Cyborg wants the fight, she knows where she has to go to get it.

The day before her Invicta weigh-in against Tweet, Cyborg said she could "make 140 tomorrow"
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/cyborg...ufc-champ-ronda-rousey-at-140-pounds-tomorrow

but since she says she currently walks around at 175
cyborg-175.jpg

that means she is saying she can fight at a weight 35 pounds below her walkaround weight, but claimed it was physically impossible, and maybe even fatal, if she tried to cut from her walkaround weight of 160 (see video above) down to 135 back when she asked to be released from the UFC, even though that is only 25 pounds. The only conclusion was that she JUST DIDN'T WANT THE FIGHT, since she could have clearly cut the weight.

So lose five pounds of muscle from where you were before and make the fight. The UFC wasn't willing to make a catchweight fight for Carano ("White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds."), so they sure aren't going to make one for you.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9...y-say-gina-carano-deserves-an-immediate-title

Quit running, or does she only want to fight with a huge weight advantage where she can alter the scale to make weight? Complete lack of class and sportsmanship.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of-the-cyborg-vs-akano-controversy-2

but of course Cyborg won't cut the weight, here you can hear in her own words at 4:40 that she has no desire to fight without having a huge size advantage.

Last edited:
Even if she wanted to fight Cyborg, it'd never happen. It's not worth her energy worrying about someone who isn't ever going to take the steps to fight her.

I do believe she cant make 135, Guilermo Cruz was ones at the MMA BEAT with Helwani and he had inside information from within Cyborg's camp that making 135 was impossible. He was very clear that the fight wont ever happen at 135. he very clear.

Just to give an example that it might be difficult to make 135. Marloes Coenen claims that 135 was extremely difficult for her to make and she said it was the reason she had no energy vs Tate and why she lost after gassing.

Dont you think someone like Marloes Coenen wouldnt want to fight in the UFC to make money and fight in the popular division? If multiple peeps that know the situation of Cyborg very well say she cant make the weight, i believe them.

I'm not saying that she can't make the weight, there probably is a way to get her @ 135 at the weigh-in. But to kill yourself to make 135 only to know for 100% that you have no chance of winning because of hydration...

Disagree, when you have completely cleaned out and destroyed a division...you move up. How I see it anyways

The problem with this is that the UFC does not have a 145lbs women division, this is the same as wanting Werdum to move up to super heavyweight.

Ronda claims to be the best female fighter in the world. WMMA is very new. She's pretty much the Royce of WMMA...

Except Royce was up for fighting anyone, any weight. If Ronda wants to say she's the best female fighter in the world, then she should fight Cyborg. Why should 10 pounds (even shen she's fought in that division before) matter??

This fight is the only WMMA fight that is at all interesting. Why not make it happen?

If you're so confident that you're the best Female fighter...why not prove it? It would be by far the biggest WMMA fight of all time, would make the UFC and Ronda a ton of money.

By not doing it, you're pretty much saying you're scared of Cyborg...and that's obvious now.

Ronda claims to be the best female fighter in the world. WMMA is very new. She's pretty much the Royce of WMMA...

Except Royce was up for fighting anyone, any weight. If Ronda wants to say she's the best female fighter in the world, then she should fight Cyborg. Why should 10 pounds (even shen she's fought in that division before) matter??

This fight is the only WMMA fight that is at all interesting. Why not make it happen?

If you're so confident that you're the best Female fighter...why not prove it? It would be by far the biggest WMMA fight of all time, would make the UFC and Ronda a ton of money.

By not doing it, you're pretty much saying you're scared of Cyborg...and that's obvious now.

I'm pretty sure she's just building the fight up. She'll keep telling her she has to make 135 and keep beating other girls. The more famous she gets and the longer this drags out the bigger the fight.

I'm pretty sure she's just building the fight up. She'll keep telling her she has to make 135 and keep beating other girls. The more famous she gets and the longer this drags out the bigger the fight.

This has been going on for years. Ronda is already in movies and going on talk shows... How much bigger do you think she's going to get by fighting Tate for the third time??

The time to make this fight is now. It's the only interesting WMMA fight out there.

Beat the crap out of fighters with the fast twitch muscle fibers of 11 year old boys, get millions of dollars, announcers, Zuffa, and the fans act like you are a god, and get ready for the next tomato can. Rinse and repeat.

Why fight someone that can beat you, and permanently damage you in the process?

scream steroids over and over

that is the retort to expext

I am sure she could retire now lol:)

I sort of agree, ronda can make a fortune and retire in a few years by doing less than a minutes work every couple of months. She should beat Tate and zingano again, maybe holm if she's ready for a title shot.

But I think ronda will eventually fight cyborg, it will be her last fight before she retires, I think she beats cyborg too

I love how most of the ppl that say cyborg needs to make weight and Ronda shouldn't move up are the same ppl that called gsp a coward for doing the same thing when it came to silva. Big difference though, Dana tried to make that fight happen and if there's one thing ufc fans have shown, whatever Dana sells they buy. If dana white wanted this fight to happen and Ronda took the same stance, you guys would call her a coward.

I'll point out that while many call Gina a bad fighter, you all would change your tune if Ronda fought her. When she said she would move up to 145 to fight her, you guys didn't bat an eyelash. Seriously, you guys were okay with her moving up in weight to potentially fight a girl cyborg retired. Why is it different when cyborg's name is involved? Maybe I should ask Dana white first so you guys could have an answer to use.

This fight was a joke, just like all rousey fights. The only legit challenge is cyborg and yet her fans would rather her beat fighters like Bethe?

Are Cyborg fighting legit competition?
Does she compete in a stacked division?

I agree... I just wish she would keep her mouth shut. It would be like GSP calling out Anderson back in the day... but saying that if he wants some, he has to make 170lbs.

Fight is not gonna happen, at least not at 145.

Ronda doesn't want it, Dana is not gonna let it happen, end of story.

Disagree, when you have completely cleaned out and destroyed a division...you move up. How I see it anyways

No you don't, that's not in anyway a rule. Plus there is no other division to move to

Proof that post count and join date mean nothing.

They were both under Zuffa contracts, then instead of joining the weightclass Cyborg demanded a release and ever since has been flip flopping on her ability to make the weight. She's a known cheater and liar whether you want to acknowledge it or not

I agree... I just wish she would keep her mouth shut. It would be like GSP calling out Anderson back in the day... but saying that if he wants some, he has to make 170lbs.

Except Ronda's not calling out Cyborg. Cyborg's the one that keeps calling Ronda out. And Cyborg could make more money than she ever has before by making the weight and fighting Ronda. But she won't. And she won't shut up about it either.

I realized it when Cyborg kept refusing to make weight

Yea I realized it too when Cyborg started with the whole, "I'll die if I try to make weight." At that point that's all anyone needs to know. Cyborg doesn't want that loss on her legacy and its pretty obvious.

I don't blame her any more than I blame GSP for not wanting to fight Silva. Simple reality is though, it'll just leave another big question mark on her already questionable legacy which is already more hype than substance.

Back