Dong Hyun Kim:"Ben Henderson will win. He is a more complete fighter than Nate Diaz."

You are also aware Kim gassed brutally in round 3 right? What makes you think he could've lasted 5 rounds with arguably one of the top 3 fighters in terms of cardio?

I guess I was thinking that maybe DHK trained to fight 3 rounds, paced himself to fight and win at least a majority of 3 rounds. If he didn't train and pace himself differently for a 5-round main event then he's a fool, and I don't think he's a fool.

Dong noting that he is physically very weak is no big surprise. His losses at WW were to dudes with overbearing power and not so much massive gas tanks. If you need any more proof that it's insanely difficult to have cardio for days while keeping on an asston of muscle, look no further.

Cardio is one of if not the best weapon Diaz has (either one) and that's why I'm picking Hendo against him. He's not going to enjoy that kind of advantage and he sure as hell isn't going to have a strength advantage. He's getting taken down and pounded out with a sub his best chance of winning the fight. Not saying it won't happen, but good luck pulling it off on Ben.

I think the problem with your stance is that we have seen Henderson begin to lag in later rounds which I don't think we ever seen happen with Nate.

LOL, does dong even know that diaz is a gracie black belt? diaz will tap bendo if he tries to grapple with him

That black belt didn't save Nick or Nate from getting out grappled by wrestlers.

I think the problem with your stance is that we have seen Henderson begin to lag in later rounds which I don't think we ever seen happen with Nate.

Benson normally looks pretty good in round 5. Dudes got amazing cardio/strength combination.

This is a fascinating fight, both guys have ways to win. Diaz can't KO Bendo, but if anyone could sub Bendo it's Diaz, and we all know what the Diaz volume/pressure style can do if Nate can force Bendo into exchanges.

Bendo can probably limit those exchanges by landing hard leg kicks in the early rounds, and use takedowns late in rounds to 'steal' a round if he feels it is close. I don't think a KO is at all likely from Bendo either, but a ground and pound TKO is a remote possibility.

I pick Bendo by UD, but Nate Diaz has been great this year, so it wouldn't be an upset if he won.

Should be a great fight, but I agree...Bendo is a more well rounded fighter and much more of an explosive athlete. I think that is why you saw Nate get tossed around like a rag doll against Rory....it could happen again with Henderson.

One of the few times a guy isn't picking someone he beat or lost to. He's probably offering an unbiased opinion that I'm inclined to agree with.

Dong is Korean and Benson is half-Korean, they have also trained together they might be friends too. So there could be some bias which is ok.

Nate won't respect Ben's power, he will come forward and that will limit the kicks. This is a great fight.

LOL, does dong even know that diaz is a gracie black belt? diaz will tap bendo if he tries to grapple with him

Do you even know that dhk fought diaz a couple years ago? he would know better than you I would think.

I wouldn't say it's much better, but it's certainly comparable. I don't see Diaz tapping him.

Yeah i don't see where this 'Diaz guard is nasty' stuff comes from.
His guard is good.Bendo is very hard to sub though.

I don't think that Kim gives a fuck.

ept_sports_mma_experts-132296485-1293941421.jpg

I think Nate has really entered his prime. His last 3 fights show this as he completely dominated 3 quality opponents. To a big 170 pounder he should feel weak so what Kim is saying should come as no surprise.

Nate has really improved lately and I think he's been addressing his lack of strength and lacking TDD. His last two showings in particular were very impressive.

I couldn't believe the sub on Miller (who'd never been subbed) and how he had Cerrone so battered he just stood there and took the double-bird like, "Yeah, yeah, I'm your bitch."

Bendo is more likely to win, but Nate could very well pull an upset. I'll be rooting for Nate all the way.

disagree with DHK Nate got this

also thought Nate won the last two rounds of their fight

Kim said Bendo would have a hard time in the Edgar rematch. with this one he seems really confident Ben will win.

Also Kim actually doesn't cut that much weight(I forget how much but its about the average). Hes a really lanky guy

sorry but your bias for korean fighters has you typing complete shite. kim is a huge WW and must cut at least 20+LBS.

HE COMES INTO THE CAGE 190+

Back