Dong Hyun Kim:"Ben Henderson will win. He is a more complete fighter than Nate Diaz."

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dong Hyun Kim translated analysis on Ben Henderson vs Nate Diaz

------------------------

BEN HENDERSON
Even though Nate Diaz’s momentum is really good as long as Ben Henderson keeps his composure and does not look for the knockout standing up, Henderson should win.
Ben’s chances will increase if he times Diaz’s aggressive attacks with takedowns. Henderson’s gastank is good, and he has extraordinary wrestling skills. I think he is a more complete fighter than Diaz.

NATE DIAZ
Diaz’s guillotine choke and triangle are dangerous. He can fight without tiring while constantly striking at the same time, but he does not have one punch knockout power.
Although his ground game is advanced his takedown defense is very weak. When I fought him, I was really surprised how physically weak Nate Diaz was. I believe lightweight is the right weight class for him.

FINAL PREDICTION
No matter how improved Diaz’s takedown defense is he won't be able to stop Henderson’s takedowns. Henderson will defend his belt for the second time as long as he doesn’t strike with Nate and goes for takedowns while maintaing top position.

Last edited:
I think will be a tough fight for both...very close fight and most likely go to the decision. I have Bendo by decision.

LOL, does dong even know that diaz is a gracie black belt? diaz will tap bendo if he tries to grapple with him

If Benson wins, it will look exactly as described.

LOL, does dong even know that diaz is a gracie black belt? diaz will tap bendo if he tries to grapple with him

Yeah, just like he tapped out DHK...

...oh, wait!

Although yeah, fair enough, looking at Bendo's record and all the times he's been submitted, he's definitely more prone to getting submitted than Dong Hyun Kim....

...oh, wait!

Dong Hyun calling bank on Benderson bet your house

I think he's wrong about Nate not having knockout power. Interesting about how weak he thought Nate was.

...oh, wait!

Although yeah, fair enough, looking at Bendo's record and all the times he's been submitted, he's definitely more prone to getting submitted than Dong Hyun Kim....

...oh, wait!

lol couldn't have said it any better

Kim is a 170 fighter and cuts a lot of weight. Nate was probably walking around at 175-179 from what I understand. Kim is probably 15-20lb heavier come fight time. Not a fair comparison really. I expect a bigger fighter to be stronger.

...oh, wait!

...oh, wait!

I don't even understand what you're getting at if you're trying to say that Mr. Dong is more prone to being submitted, because he's never been submitted in MMA. While Henderson has been choked out.

And, this

it could go either way - tough fight to call but i agree with Stun Gun.

should be a great fight to watch, hoping anyway

Kim is a 170 fighter and cuts a lot of weight. Nate was probably walking around at 175-179 from what I understand. Kim is probably 15-20lb heavier come fight time. Not a fair comparison really. I expect a bigger fighter to be stronger.

I agree, though I tend to see his point that Bendo will likely not have much trouble with the takedown.

What happens from there though is anybodies guess. I'm really hoping for a Cerrone situation with Nate just picking him apart.

He was a lot different when Dong fought him, he is much more comfortable fighting at 55 and you can tell. Bendo better start chopping those legs and body from the word go if he wants to win this one. Failure to do so, means he gets picked apart in stand up and possibly submitted on the ground.

Jim Miller also a JJBB was easily out grappled and got put in one of the nastiest chokes I've seen in a while lol. Benson has good Guillotine defense but what about armbar, kimura, and triangles?

Can't wait, been waiting for this fight ever since they called it.

He is right.

I want Ben to win, he will win, but I have a feeling it will be a pretty boring fight. Ben is not stupid. He will grind Nate against the cage or on the mat (like Guida or Stevenson did), and when they're standing he'll point fight by going after his legs and moving around a lot.

I agree, though I tend to see his point that Bendo will likely not have much trouble with the takedown.

What happens from there though is anybodies guess. I'm really hoping for a Cerrone situation with Nate just picking him apart.

I do think he will get take downs however Nate is very dangerous off his back and this is a 5 round fight. It's going to be a good fight either way and I will be there to see it all live!!!

Back