Dong Hyun Kim:"Ben Henderson will win. He is a more complete fighter than Nate Diaz."

LOL, does dong even know that diaz is a gracie black belt? diaz will tap bendo if he tries to grapple with him

If he does it Kurt Pellegrino style, it will be sub of the year :p

diazpellegrino.gif

Dong barely survived his fight with Diaz :icon_lol: , maybe he should focus on improving beyond his own LNP style so he doesn't keep getting wrecked.

Also Kim actually doesn't cut that much weight(I forget how much but its about the average). Hes a really lanky guy.

Lanky? Dude, you're kind of reaching. Kim is a pretty massive Welterweight. Definitely one of the biggest in the division.

Kim said Bendo would have a hard time in the Edgar rematch. with this one he seems really confident Ben will win.

Also Kim actually doesn't cut that much weight(I forget how much but its about the average). Hes a really lanky guy.

Kim walks around at 93 kilos (203 pounds) during off season.
He starts his weight cut at 88 kilos (194 pounds)
That's almost Rumble-like.

If he does it Kurt Pellegrino style, it will be sub of the year :p

diazpellegrino.gif

I don't even really like Nate Diaz, but that was a great sub. The attitude just completely sold it for me.

Dong barely survived his fight with Diaz :icon_lol: , maybe he should focus on improving beyond his own LNP style so he doesn't keep getting wrecked.

Winning a clear 2-1 decision is barely surviving nice try :icon_lol: the only person that wrecked him was condit nice try again

He has a very good analysis. It is hard for me to find anything wrong with it other then Diaz has come along quite a way since their fight. He has a good point about strength, both Diaz brothers have talked about not being very strong relative to guys in their division. But Nate has really turned it on his last 2 fights and made his opponents look like bar fighters. Nate has come a long way IMO and his fight with Bendo should be very competitive and a lot of fun for fans.

Not surprised by the weak comment. I don't think this comes as a big shocker. Nate, and Nick, doesn't try to bully people with wrestling. Their bullying is done via volume punches and conditioning. Nullify these with power wrestling and good submission defense and the match drastically tilts toward their opponents favor. No secret on how to beat the Diaz brothers. Power wrestling, good submission defense. Of course this is always easier said than done.

LOL, does dong even know that diaz is a gracie black belt? diaz will tap bendo if he tries to grapple with him

Why, yes he does....because he's already beaten him. Oh and in his guard for 3 straight rounds to boot. He humiliated Diaz.

Lanky? Dude, you're kind of reaching. Kim is a pretty massive Welterweight. Definitely one of the biggest in the division.

Yeah i might be wrong. I just read an interview where he didn't cut as much weight but that was the period of time Kim was thinking about dropping to LW.

Also Kim injured his ankle in the Diaz fight 2 round.
and in his own words just took the 3rd round off because he knew he won the fight + Nate wasn't hitting him with any shots that hurt.

It was pretty much Kim doing whatever he wanted to Diaz.
Probably the most dominated Nate has ever been.

Those were the most significant shots of the fights. Kim laid on him for the first two rounds. I'm pretty sure the judges had it 29-28 but I don't remember for sure.

Yea all 3 judges had it 29-28 for Kim but I 100% disagree, Kim was winning for the first 4 min of the round.

Pretty safe bet that Bendo's victory will play out just as DHK described.

After the first few armbar/triangle attempts Nate will realize his opponent is nearly impossible to submit.

idk man, Nathan was pretty close to KOing Miller with a straight left in rd1 of their fight

Im sure he isn't as strong as massive WW Dong, but he'll be fine against Ben,
and underestimating him is probably the best way to get KO'd, or hurt, then subbed.

I think Nate Diaz has added some muscle in the last 2 years, he cuts weight from around 175 to fight at LW now. While fighting at WW he was still around 175 with more body fat.

So it's the same WW fighter at LW now, but with slightly more muscle. This is why Miller couldn't out grapple him. Diaz is going to dominate Henderson who cuts from around 175 himself. There is no strength advantage to Henderson in my opinion, meanwhile Diaz is a better boxer and JJ with longer reach.

Hopefully it's a good fight.

Back