Elections Donald Trump Appears On Joe Rogan Podcast

Watching now.
It's pretty chill, it's a conversation. I don't know why people expected Rogan to hardball Trump. And Trump is quite mild, flow-of-consciousness as usual, but not too explosive.

Funny af with the "whale psychologist" bit.

Nobody expected Rogan to hardball Trump. Why all know why Trump went on Rogan.

It's what makes this shit even funnier. Listening to Trump ramble his way through softball questions and even struggle with that shit is like watching a basketball player fire a layup 90mph off the bottom of the backboard.

I mean, you support men wearing tampons on their heads?

<{anton}>

What do you feel when you see a tampon? Do you want to stick it in your ass or something?

Probably should keep them handy in schools for plugging bullet holes from right wing school shooters like they are doing with kitty litter these days lmao.
you tell me what a male should do with a tampon lefty.

It's what makes this shit even funnier. Listening to Trump ramble his way through softball questions and even struggle with that shit is like watching a basketball player fire a layup 90mph off the bottom of the backboard.
well some people seem to have expected it. i've seen comments in this very thread about rogan missing his "frost moment", like actual journalism is what rogan is about. it was always going to be like this. kamala should have come too, now that i think about it. let her ramble for three hours too without the expectations of some legacy moment. i don't think this interview got trump that many new votes.

<lol> thats just such a dumb take.
after all the softball questions harris got, after all the word salat she produced and after she refused to go on joes podcast out of fear.

Watching now.
It's pretty chill, it's a conversation. I don't know why people expected Rogan to hardball Trump. And Trump is quite mild, flow-of-consciousness as usual, but not too explosive.

Funny af with the "whale psychologist" bit.
Did that come from his sharks and batteries fuckfest?

Trump's policy details or proof of election problems is like being in a dream sequence where you jump from one random thing to the next but somehow everything makes sense...

97zmfw.jpg

Maybe somehow this was preferable when Trump's opponent was another 80 something year old with likely neurological issues but now that isn't the case this is beyond crazy.

Last edited:
well some people seem to have expected it. i've seen comments in this very thread about rogan missing his "frost moment", like actual journalism is what rogan is about. it was always going to be like this. kamala should have come too, now that i think about it. let her ramble for three hours too without the expectations of some legacy moment. i don't think this interview got trump that many new votes.

I think this wins him the election. People complaining that Trump failed because he didn't really dig in to his policies are totally missing the point.

Trump has never been a decisive policy communicator guy. He's the epitome of over-confident collective identity narratives. He's the drunken uncle rambling, telling stories about his glory days in highschool playing football, underlining the exceptionalism of himself and the family to the adoring ears of the younger, ignorant family members around the table (make America great again). It's not like trump has ever been interested in talking about policy directly.

It's the old "which candidate would you like to have a beer with?" - but on steroids.

We tend to hugely overemphasize in politics the idea that logical, water-tight policy positions and a matching history of sober and resonable decisionmaking and ethical behavior are the main deciding factor. They absolutely are not. I'm not an expert, but I have worked in public opinion/campaign management in the poltical sphere. What sells, what gets votes is stories based on emotion and the human desire for safety and shared identity.

This is what Trump is selling. It's never been about policy or responsibility. Given this, the appearance on Rogan was a HUGE boost to his brand, and I agree, Kamala should absolutely have tried to do the same thing.

I think this appearance wins him the election

Holy f*k he's doing the weave thing also known as dementia talk aka the Biden.

Trumps most attractive quality seems to be how transparent and personable he is in these podcasts. Which seems to be the purpose campaign wise. Not fully transparent, which is to be expected from a politician, but comparatively he seems like a normal person. Kamala doesnt come across close to this, from what I've seen. This matters to people, no matter how many 'Liberals' think its 'Lunacy' or 'Insanity'.

Trumps most attractive quality seems to be how transparent and personable he is in these podcasts. Which seems to be the purpose campaign wise. Not fully transparent, which is to be expected from a politician, but comparatively he seems like a normal person. Kamala doesnt come across close to this, from what I've seen. This matters to people, no matter how many 'Liberals' think its 'Lunacy' or 'Insanity'.

He had always had a duality to him. Very cold against rivals and charming with friends. You have to be I guess if you're in NYC real estate. He knows how to schmooze an audience. He's also a despicable goon. I never thought I'd be rooting for this guy but Dems dropped the ball so hard.

Does Trump have like only 10 stories? Old man back telling lies about windmills because he still butthurt Scotland put windmills in the ocean off his golf course in Scotland. Windmills giving whales cancer. Listening to Trump is listening to an Old Guy ramble about dumb shit that no interviewer calls him out on.
No wonder Trump loves the portly educated.

He had always had a duality to him. Very cold against rivals and charming with friends. You have to be I guess if you're in NYC real estate. He knows how to schmooze an audience. He's also a despicable goon. I never thought I'd be rooting for this guy but Dems dropped the ball so hard.

This is what I find quite amazing. Trump us a very controversial person and I think the dems could've strolled to victory if they had managed put nominate anyone with remotely decent communication and likeable but they've put up some unlikable, incoherent dumbass with a shady history to really make it hard on themselves.

100% - see my above post for thoughts on the matter if you care, but I think you're right - Trump's whole strategy is to absolutely NAIL the "candidate you could see yourself getting a beer with." angle. The "weaving" or not staying on point regarding policy issues isn't a bug, it's THE feature.

He's painting a picture with big broad, emotional strokes to appeal to the voters' emotional and psychological alignments, NOT their rational ones. This podcast is grist for the mill. Boilerplate trumpism.

You're telling me people actually listened to this all the way through?

I listened to it , it wasn’t bad . Trump carried on a few times but descent podcast. Had some funny things he said .

Back