Donald has no incentive to win

I don't need money, this is about the truth.

Nah, it's about you having a cool story in your head and gives you something to talk about on the forums. No different than a tabloid, just flinging poo.

He has nothing to win by beating the most famous MMA fighter in the world? What...? Brand? Legacy? I mean Cerrone is fighting for a reason, isn't he?

And yes if Cerrone beat McGregor, McGregor would rematch him - and Cerrone would make even more money. Why wouldn't McGregor try to avenge his loss unless he just retired instead?

Shut the fuck up.

There's no right time to fucking lose. There's nothing ok about taking brain damage for granted. That is coward shit,that's what khabib was saying about cowboy.

this. You guys are delusional if you don’t think Donald would absolutely love to win this fight on his first strike thrown.

if you feel otherwise why waste time watching?

Jesus christ give Donald at least 750k. Preferably a million since he's near the end of his career.

Fuck Dana

If Cowboy beats McGregor his popularity and stock goes up. His ratings for next fight would likely be far higher which means bigger payday. Plus Cowboy mentally would far prefer to win vs. lose which is incentive. Agreed that Cowboy is getting close to the end, but you are flat out wrong that there are no incentives for Cowboy to win this bout.

200K+? to show+FON/Back Room Bonus/Tenure Award
No rematch likely
Near the end of career
Company man
--If he won it would screw the UFC with no lube--

*While DFW is already planning Conor's career as if he had already won*

Can anyone refute this?

No. Sherbros cannot refute that.

Cowgirl asked for it though.

He fought often...for peanuts...and now he's shot.

I think he would show SOME excitement if he was getting a big payday...

Why do you think Cowboy doesn’t care about his money or his legacy?
He's already getting paid to show and who knows how much if the fight turns out the way Dana wants it to. His legacy? He's already built his legacy, now he's at the end of his career getting knocked out left and right.

Donald is getting 200k/ 200k to fight Conor? Some red panty night Conor is. Guys like overeem and hunt are pulling 700-800k a fight against people that are not even draws

If you got no incentive to win,step aside and dont waste our fuckin time. There's 1000 other guys ready and willing to rip conors head off and shit down his neck.

and conor ducked every single one of them to fight cowboy instead

I'd say his biggest incentive is this :

Do not Lose In Front Of My Son.

Whether that's enough, we don't know.

Damn that's a big, big call.
Not at LW, not at WW, only really at FW and only a couple of those fights.

The most offensively potent fighter we've ever seen? Is this a joke?

Mac makes his significant strikes count far more than most people I've ever seen fight. If he lands on a similarly sized opponent you see them cover up or retreat immediately. And people don't like to admit it but even Nate Diaz was feeling the heat for a large portion of both fights. If that was anybody else that had to eat those shots they'd not survive. You need a great combo of size, durability, and cardio to endure McGregor's assault.

Wins to get a rematch to earn even more money?

/refute
To be fair, nobody would be excited for the rematch. If Conor loses, his star power is gone (not like "gone gone" but definitely people would lose interest)

He has nothing to win by beating the most famous MMA fighter in the world? What...? Brand? Legacy? I mean Cerrone is fighting for a reason, isn't he?

And yes if Cerrone beat McGregor, McGregor would rematch him - and Cerrone would make even more money. Why wouldn't McGregor try to avenge his loss unless he just retired instead?
Donald is a stepping stone. Conor can't waste time re-matching lower level guys on their way out. That's death for the brand, a downward spiral.

Unlike you,the UFC doesnt lack vision. They dont havr to throw Conor by the wayside. They got plans for how to work this if Conor does lose.
There's no plan for Conor losing. It doesn't exist. BMF belt? Nothing says BMF more than losing to a retiring gatekeeper

Back