Dominik Cruz explains his view on Cejudo stoppage

same im not a huge cruz fan either but i wanted him to beat Cejudo and any early stoppage sucks . he dosnt get many finishes but i like his style and yeah hes a douche lol
Too be honest, I'm saying that i wanted the beating to continue.

Well they let DC go out on his shield, but they didn't let Cruz

Just think about all the title defenses and additions to his legacy that he lost losing half a decade and the end of his prime to injuries. The fact that he came back and won his title back after his injury history was insane. Yeah, he lost to Cejudo, but I had no delusions of grandeur that he was going to win that fight. I think Cruz is ridiculously underrated overall around here.

Also, Ariel asked him. He answered. It is what it is. You guys get so salty over smaller things, let this guy get his sodium on, lol.

i fully disagree. watching the fight play out it was just a matter of time, then that time came. this should never make anyones list or be a go to for a "bad stoppage". nothing bad about it

tj has a better case but i didnt think that was anything to cry about either. i like both dudes more than henry too. just the way i see it
You have a right to your opinion. So does everyone else. I have seen many early stoppages, fights that should have been stopped that were not and fights that looked to be over and then the tables turned. Saying this should never be on anyone's list tells me that you either are willing to be dishonest or you have not seen enough situations to know any better. That is my opinion.

You have a right to your opinion. So does everyone else. I have seen many early stoppages, fights that should have been stopped that were not and fights that looked to be over and then the tables turned. Saying this should never be on anyone's list tells me that you either are willing to be dishonest or you have not seen enough situations to know any better. That is my opinion.
it is my opinion that you just bodied his ass lol
<21>

as a big cruz fan he was done. he only got up because the reff stopped the punching

HelpfulDownrightCobra-size_restricted.gif

its not like it came out of no where he was handily losing that fight getting worse and worse. then he got blasted and finished. cant believe anyone would think this stoppage isnt clean

You can see him move to get up before the stoppage. Early, he was still moving and defending.

Never liked cruz or his dancing.

That said, i too was pissed when the fight was stopped early.

Watch the fight again. Dude was done. Cejudo is lightning fast and was just gonna keep unloading in him.

Both tj and Cruz were early stoppages.
Who knows how the tj fifth time would have gone, but Cruz looked out classed.

i cant believe people can watch the whole corse of that fight and come away with "cruz was robbed". yeah, and bj got robbed in the 3rd frankie fight too.
What does the entire course of a fight have to do with whether it was stopped at the appropriate time? The whole idea is that it runs it's course to the appropriate end. Would you have stopped Edgar/Maynard? The rules are clear and not able to intelligently defend yourself is clearly listed. Being able to move away while disoriented from being hit and making it to the fence leaves room for debate. The fact that he had that many clean shots and could not seal the deal is nothing to write home about. Any high end striker would have turned Cruz to mush in that position.

I think Keith Peterson is a very good referee. In fact, this is the only major mistake I can think of.
At the moment he moved in to stop the fight, it looked like Dom could be done. So I get it. It turns out that wasn’t the case. So yes, it was a bit of an early stoppage, but it’s not really Peterson’s fault.

Overrated in every aspect, including his trash talk

as a big cruz fan he was done. he only got up because the reff stopped the punching

HelpfulDownrightCobra-size_restricted.gif

its not like it came out of no where he was handily losing that fight getting worse and worse. then he got blasted and finished. cant believe anyone would think this stoppage isnt clean
Would have liked to see him get beat up more.

Watch the fight again. Dude was done. Cejudo is lightning fast and was just gonna keep unloading in him.
it was over. he was bested. its not like it was a random knockdown. it was building up to that moment, and it happened. i think cruz is the best damn 135 the sport has seen. i think his prime has still not been equald at his weight class. he got bested and finished. was he KO'd no. he was tko'd. and it came at an appropriate time.

i am trying to be anything but dishonest. that was a good stoppage. also iv been watching mma for a while now. long enough to like cruz back when everyone said his striking was "weird" and he "takes away from his own power.....decisionator". Before his injury he had alot of haters, i wasnt one. dudes fight with mighty mouse is one of my favorite fights ever. i truly believe he was done and bested, certainly nothing to cry or point at as "bad stoppage"

Do you Gentlemen believe Cruz when he said he has cleaned out the division before?

I was a bit of a casual during his first run, so only have since gone back to watch.

He beat a lot of the best guys at bantamweight. It gets a little murky since the division essentially split to form flyweight, but he beat Benavidez, Dodson, Mighty Mouse, McCall, Faber, Bowles. And of course, Dillashaw.

It might be a little stretch but it's not crazy to say he cleared out BW circa 2010 or 2011. He defended that WEC/UFC strap four times.

His arrogance is obnoxious. But if you aren’t arrogant, you’re probably not the best in your field.
I don’t like the condescension in his voice. He speaks to people like he is all-knowing and they are morons
Which is hilarious, he's a high school graduate fist fighter. The guys is a legit Moron in the grand scheme of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back