Dominik Cruz explains his view on Cejudo stoppage

Seems much more chill about it now, which is understandable. At the time, it probably would've been better to avoid the meme-able alcohol and cigarettes comment and simply say there were some communication issues. Oh well, can't blame the ref when Cruz got dropped and took multiple unanswered shots.
yeah was hard hearin him throw out things like kieth drinking and smoking. on top of that he was getting beat up. it was getting worse up until he got blasted and finished. i believe he really thinks he had more to give or else he wouldnt have said what he did, but it was over.

Let's leave aside for just a second the question of the stoppage and acknowledge that Cejudo whooped Cruz' ass worse than Garbrandt did, though perhaps less stylishly.
I disagree, Cody put on a literal striking clinic on Cruz and decided he wanted all 25 minutes of it. Seem liked he could've set up a finish at practically any point in the fight. I also hate cody and love cruz but damn he took Neo out of the matrix yo and became mr smith
MrDA6V3V.jpg

yeah was hard hearin him throw out things like kieth drinking and smoking. on top of that he was getting beat up. it was getting worse up until he got blasted and finished. i believe he really thinks he had more to give or else he wouldnt have said what he did, but it was over.
Cejudo was looking sharper but saying he was getting beat up before he got dropped is a huge exaggeration . He wasnt out not even a flash knockout he was rocked and getting up to his feet hands on the canvas lifting himself . Hes been in a lot of 5 round wars im sure as hell he had more to give why would you a assume a fighter with his experience wouldnt

I disagree, Cody put on a literal striking clinic on Cruz and decided he wanted all 25 minutes of it. Seem liked he could've set up a finish at practically any point in the fight. I also hate cody and love cruz but damn he took Neo out of the matrix yo and became mr smith
MrDA6V3V.jpg
he lost 2 rounds to cruz, cruz got smoked by henry. walked down and finished. sucked to see.

Do you Gentlemen believe Cruz when he said he has cleaned out the division before?

I was a bit of a casual during his first run, so only have since gone back to watch.

Last edited:
HE SALTY TRIPLE GOAT MADE HIM BEND THE KNEE !!! Lmaoo

I like Dom, but his passive aggressive talking style where he tries to sound sincere or analytical when he's really shit talking leaves a bad taste because he's also worked in commentary.

Either he's intentionally trying to be misleading, believes his own bullshit or both. He shouldn't be a commentator. He's just not objective. Even though I appreciate his insight and analysis its just not good for that job. I also, again, like Dom's personality overall. But that piece is a problem with his job.

I like Dom, but his passive aggressive talking style where he tries to sound sincere or analytical when he's really shit talking leaves a bad taste because he's also worked in commentary.

Either he's intentionally trying to be misleading, believes his own bullshit or both. He shouldn't be a commentator. He's just not objective. Even though I appreciate his insight and analysis its just not good for that job. I also, again, like Dom's personality overall. But that piece is a problem with his job.
congrats you may be the only fan on the planet who likes his personality .
<JackieThumbsUp>
lol i like his analysis on his show though but i agree his commentary in the booth is pretty bad but Rogan and others have been worse lately

I don't think that Cruz was in imminent danger of suffering grievous physical harm so maybe you could let it go a little longer.

But....

...he had nothing for CCC. Deep down I suspect he knows this and it's painful.

as a big cruz fan he was done. he only got up because the reff stopped the punching

HelpfulDownrightCobra-size_restricted.gif

its not like it came out of no where he was handily losing that fight getting worse and worse. then he got blasted and finished. cant believe anyone would think this stoppage isnt clean
I think that if the ref stopped it 1-2 seconds before, it would be fine ironically.

I would have stopped that fight too.

Quit crying. Stop trying to disparage Keith Peterson. You can’t blame the referee and then immediately say “well don’t put yourself in that position”

What happened to “I take my losses like a man”?

cleaned out a division? You’re the most boring fighter I’ve ever watched. I used to hate when he’d be on a card.

Cruz never shies away from a microphone and is always desperately searching for some philosophical sound byte. Just get out there and fight.

Never liked Cruz at any point but I feel like he was starting to make a move toward getting back up right as the ref stepped in.

I would have stopped that fight too.

Quit crying. Stop trying to disparage Keith Peterson. You can’t blame the referee and then immediately say “well don’t put yourself in that position”

What happened to “I take my losses like a man”?

cleaned out a division? You’re the most boring fighter I’ve ever watched. I used to hate when he’d be on a card.

Cruz never shies away from a microphone and is always desperately searching for some philosophical sound byte. Just get out there and fight.
"crying" "most boring fighter ive ever watched" "desperate" jeez bro what did cruz do to you , also why are you writing your post like your adressing him directly <Lmaoo>

"crying" "most boring fighter ive ever watched" "desperate" jeez bro what did cruz do to you , also why are you writing your post like your adressing him directly <Lmaoo>
I don’t know. I felt better afterwards though.
I saw him go after a reporter one time with incredible arrogance and it turned me off forever. It’s been at least 10 years and I’m not over it

I don’t know. I felt better afterwards though.
I saw him go after a reporter one time with incredible arrogance and it turned me off forever. It’s been at least 10 years and I’m not over it
thats fair one thing anyone has to admit about Cruz is at the very least he comes off as a douche . even in this interview where hes way more chill you can feel the douchiness underneath lol

Back