Dominik Cruz explains his view on Cejudo stoppage

as a big cruz fan he was done. he only got up because the reff stopped the punching

HelpfulDownrightCobra-size_restricted.gif

its not like it came out of no where he was handily losing that fight getting worse and worse. then he got blasted and finished. cant believe anyone would think this stoppage isnt clean

Well said. There is no controversy here.

Dom was getting out classed everywhere the fight went. He gets blasted with a big knee and cartoonisly falls like a flailing turtle on his back. Henry secures him with one arm and punches him in the face unanswered 11 times.

The referee calling the fight is where Dom is able to get to his knee. He should be thanking the referee for saving him from further unnecessary brain damage.

He did not belong in the ring with Henry, simple as that.

thats fair one thing anyone has to admit about Cruz is at the very least he comes off as a douche . even in this interview where hes way more chill you can feel the douchiness underneath lol
His arrogance is obnoxious. But if you aren’t arrogant, you’re probably not the best in your field.
I don’t like the condescension in his voice. He speaks to people like he is all-knowing and they are morons

Well said. There is no controversy here.

Dom was getting out classed everywhere the fight went. He gets blasted with a big knee and cartoonisly falls like a flailing turtle on his back. Henry secures him with one arm and punches him in the face unanswered 11 times.

The referee calling the fight is where Dom is able to get to his knee. He should be thanking the referee for saving him from further unnecessary brain damage.

He did not belong in the ring with Henry, simple as that.
i cant believe people can watch the whole corse of that fight and come away with "cruz was robbed". yeah, and bj got robbed in the 3rd frankie fight too.

He got tko fair and square . Our OLYMPIC champ tko him and TJ. Both previous champs.. bend the knee.

I am a little surprised he isn't in more goat talks. His record is amazing for someone in MMA for such a short period of time. Unlike a lot of fighters he has minimal padding on his record and I thought he won the Benavidez fight. Losing to prime might mouse isn't bad when you consider how he he avenged it. I really hope he comes back and he gets a few more defences.

I am a little surprised he isn't in more goat talks. His record is amazing for someone in MMA for such a short period of time. Unlike a lot of fighters he has minimal padding on his record and I thought he won the Benavidez fight. Losing to prime might mouse isn't bad when you consider how he he avenged it. I really hope he comes back and he gets a few more defences.
CCC isnt GOAT level at all unless he gets a couple more wins . could've easily gone the other way in the 2nd mighty mouse fight in fact imo he lost that fight(barely though)

Title fights should go until the guy is out or completely defenseless and taking indisputable damage.

Both of these were early stoppages:
Cejudo vs Cruz
Cejudo vs TJ

I don’t claim the outcome would have been different but champs and title challengers deserve to have a conclusive ending/outcome.
And fans would also prefer the decisive conclusion.

nope hands on the canvas getting up dont know how you dont see it
<{hughesimpress}>

His face and right arm are on the canvas till the ref stops the fight then he starts getting up after the ref stopped the fight. It's right there in the gif.

He doesn't start getting up till the fight is over, at the stoppage of the fight he is laying on his right arm and his face.

Do you Gentlemen believe Cruz when he said he has cleaned out the division before?

I was a bit of a casual during his first run, so only have since gone back to watch.
yeah at the time it was only him vs barao didnt happen. there was no reasonable contender that cruz or faber or joey b didnt beat

Cruz sounding as unlikable as ever (and that really is saying something).

Sore loser, that’s what I think..

It’s very likely that he was going to lose. Cejudo was more robust physically at that point in their respective careers — quicker, stronger, more coordinated, heavier hands, etc. He was ahead in the fight, he was looking good, and Dom doesn’t really have much ability to finish.

Would I have liked to see that fight continue? Yes, absolutely. Do I think Cruz was winning that fight? I don’t think he was winning even one time in ten from that point frankly.

As for Cruz being a sore loser, fighters are competitive and have to believe they can do the impossible. I don’t have much issue with this, although in a perfect world I wish fighters would acknowledge the odds they were up against in spots like that a little more.

as a big cruz fan he was done. he only got up because the reff stopped the punching

its not like it came out of no where he was handily losing that fight getting worse and worse. then he got blasted and finished. cant believe anyone would think this stoppage isnt clean
He wasn't out or stuck in position unable to defend. Yes, he was eating shots but he was still moving and made it to the cage. I would suggest that Cruz fans could argue an early stoppage. I would say that Cejudo fans could argue the ref robbed him of a clean stoppage which was more likely and would have removed all doubt. To say that this was as clean as can be is just silly.

I like Dom, but his passive aggressive talking style where he tries to sound sincere or analytical when he's really shit talking leaves a bad taste because he's also worked in commentary.

Either he's intentionally trying to be misleading, believes his own bullshit or both. He shouldn't be a commentator. He's just not objective. Even though I appreciate his insight and analysis its just not good for that job. I also, again, like Dom's personality overall. But that piece is a problem with his job.
He's has a very big unlikability factor that makes for a terrible commentator. He talks at people instead of with them.

I thought it was SLIGHTLY early but I agree, that knee to the face was fuckin deadly. And like the Dillashaw - Cejudo stoppage it probably would not have gotten any better for Cruz.

we watching the same same thing bro ? hes literally getting up against the fence

You don't see henry punches causing cruz head to bounce towards cage? You might want to get a 4k tv my guy .

He wasn't out or stuck in position unable to defend. Yes, he was eating shots but he was still moving and made it to the cage. I would suggest that Cruz fans could argue an early stoppage. I would say that Cejudo fans could argue the ref robbed him of a clean stoppage which was more likely and would have removed all doubt. To say that this was as clean as can be is just silly.
i fully disagree. watching the fight play out it was just a matter of time, then that time came. this should never make anyones list or be a go to for a "bad stoppage". nothing bad about it

I thought it was SLIGHTLY early but I agree, that knee to the face was fuckin deadly. And like the Dillashaw - Cejudo stoppage it probably would not have gotten any better for Cruz.
tj has a better case but i didnt think that was anything to cry about either. i like both dudes more than henry too. just the way i see it

You don't see henry punches causing cruz head to bounce towards cage? You might want to get a 4k tv my guy .
lol thats a delusional take in no way did CCC's punches push his head towards the cage cruz moved there himself and started to get up . hilarious joke too my guy
<Meh02>

Last edited:
lol thats a delusional take in know way did CCC's punches push his head towards the cage cruz moved there himself and started to get up . hilarious joke too my guy
<Meh02>

I think those punches to his head also moved him that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back