Dominick Cruz: "Doing what I did kind of pissed everybody off I think"

TJ ate that punch like a champ and continued to fight to the final bell unlike your boy who resorted to panic wrestling and was tapped thirty seconds later.

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

If you think those situations are truly comparable then you don't understand the sport at all.

Now that Caraway defeated Sterling, I feel that the most sensible test for Cruz would be Garbrandt, but he's still building his way up. I wouldn't mind seeing Cruz test himself at 145. He is one of my favorite fighters to watch. No one has really been able to set the blue print on how to flummox him yet in my opinion.

I'd like to see Dom defend his belt against a few more guys who can reach his head before talking like this, cuz right now that list is at one which he won by split decision.

I love how you're a solid poster 25/8 but Cruz gets you so salty. Just let Cruzus Christ into your heart bro

ufc132-11-600x330.jpg

They had TJ. Who finished fights.

Seriously though, I like Cruz and his style. No one else fights like him. His footwork is the best in MMA. But he's boring. He never attempts to finish fights. He's content to "cruz" to a decision. I am a fan but I want to see more from him.

Hes 160 lbs....move to featherweight already you twat
Not like he's the champion or anything. Should Cormier go back to HW too then?

Is Cruz comeback the best in sports history or am I just ignorant?
No, it is. Never heard of anything like that. Closest was two ACL tears for Thomas Davis in the NFL... But Dom had three plus a torn groin & reclaimed the world title. I just don't see how you beat that. Simply amazing.

I love how you're a solid poster 25/8 but Cruz gets you so salty. Just let Cruzus Christ into your heart bro

ufc132-11-600x330.jpg
Just google search "Cruz bless" & it's the first picture that comes up now! ;)

People act like he clearly beat silly but that's not the case. The announcing was horrible and dom could barely walk the last 2 rounds. Dillashaw mysteriously decided to abandon low kicks after hitting him badly.

Dom is a very good fighter who uses the huge octagon and moves and never leads. Those guys in boxing are not called defensive geniuses. They're not slipping in the pocket and countering.
Just circling and you can't cut off the octagon.
Dillashaw actually showed good defense in that fight. Always leading slipping while coming forward.

I was pretty surprised he got the decision that fight.

It's easy to play defense if you never engage.
I bet growing up playing checkers the dude would never move his back row.

His whole game is to frustrate and score some pitter patters as the other guys is frustrated trying to chase.

I don't now why nobody has made him lead. Stand there while he's circling and feinting to himself.pull a.diazbon him.

For being such dominate.force I can't even remember him dropping anybody with a punch ...ever. maybe mizaguki

I bet you guys can't post 2 gigs of dom dropoing an opponent to with a punch .
Sound easy sherdoggies? Show me the gigs and move your back row dom!

I apologize for phone autocorrects. Just try to decipher it

I'm still waiting for Cruz to prove he is better than TJ because he has yet to do so.

the guy he beat after a year layoff, his 2nd fight in almost 4 years. yeah that guy cant hang with Cruz. He had the best chance to beat him, and he failed

It was a pick em fight. One guy ran and didn't land much all fight.
The other guy pushed the action and didn't land much all fight.

Usually in fights like these you would give it to the aggressor.

I wasn't a fan of dillashaw until that fight.
Dom is one of the top dogs in the sport where I just don't like how he fights.

No drama. No risk . Just Cruz cruising to majority and splits while inflicting as little pain on his opponents as possible.

At least there's some fights at 135i want to see him in. One of the few fighters out there I root against

People act like he clearly beat silly but that's not the case. The announcing was horrible and dom could barely walk the last 2 rounds. Dillashaw mysteriously decided to abandon low kicks after hitting him badly.
He could barely walk because of plantar faschititis.. (or however it's spelled) Not because of TJ's leg kicks.

It's easy to play defense if you never engage.
I bet growing up playing checkers the dude would never move his back row.
You know that he landed just as many strikes as TJ right?

I don't now why nobody has made him lead. Stand there while he's circling and feinting to himself.pull a.diazbon him.
Faber...Bowles...Jorgensen... Sounds like you don't watch him too much.

For being such dominate.force I can't even remember him dropping anybody with a punch ...ever. maybe mizaguki

I bet you guys can't post 2 gigs of dom dropoing an opponent to with a punch .
Sound easy sherdoggies? Show me the gigs and move your back row dom!
Hmm...yeah. Guess you missed his last fight.

ReflectingVelvetyIchthyosaurs.gif

I'm still waiting for Cruz to prove he is better than TJ because he has yet to do so.
Lol...he's only been world champion since 2010 & beat TJ...

It was a pick em fight. One guy ran and didn't land much all fight.
The other guy pushed the action and didn't land much all fight.

Usually in fights like these you would give it to the aggressor.

I wasn't a fan of dillashaw until that fight.
Dom is one of the top dogs in the sport where I just don't like how he fights.

No drama. No risk . Just Cruz cruising to majority and splits while inflicting as little pain on his opponents as possible.

At least there's some fights at 135i want to see him in. One of the few fighters out there I root against
You forgetting Dom's four takedowns?

He could barely walk because of plantar faschititis.. (or however it's spelled) Not because of TJ's leg kicks.

Man I've seen his wec fights to present. Hes dropped 2opponents then?
I've seen so much of Cruz but I have nothing super memorable of fights that I love of his.

As for the strikes and fight in the dilly fight was just bad it was so bad I would give it to the aggressor and the champ. Which is usually the case in close championship fights.

As for the foot thing. I saw the fight once and I though that it I'm with a low kick. But tj should have taken advantage of that . Very disappointing.

I dig your fandom. Hes just not my cup of tea.

That Gif is a slip..

@homelessinfant

Do you think the tj fight was close or one sided for dom?

He still hasn't proven he is better than TJ, regardless of if you think he won. Valid argument for either winning or it being a draw.

Any impartial individual can admit to this.

As for the strikes and fight in the dilly fight was just bad it was so bad I would give it to the aggressor and the champ. Which is usually the case in close championship fights.

As for the foot thing. I saw the fight once and I though that it I'm with a low kick. But tj should have taken advantage of that . Very disappointing.
There were plenty of good strikes from Dom. 86% of his were to the head as TJ's were 58%...which the judges do think about & consider in relatively close fights stat wise. For example, Shogun vs Machida 1, Shogun only landed 18% to the head.

No. I mean he was hit with a big kick in the fourth but that wasn't what did it. He had the foot issue going into the fight & wasn't allowed to wear a foot/ankle wrap which made it worsen through out the fight. I think TJ got worried about takedowns since Dom caught his kick for one.

@homelessinfant

Do you think the tj fight was close or one sided for dom?
I can admit that it was close but a clear victory for Dom.

He still hasn't proven he is better than TJ, regardless of if you think he won. Valid argument for either winning or it being a draw.

Any impartial individual can admit to this.
I feel like it's pretty easy to say looking at the bodies of work from each despite if you think he won or it was a draw.

I can admit that it was close but a clear victory for Dom.

I feel like it's pretty easy to say looking at the bodies of work from each despite if you think he won or it was a draw.

Any impartial individual can admit it was a close fight where neither fight proved they were superior. That's it. That's all.

Back