Dominick Cruz: "Doing what I did kind of pissed everybody off I think"

TJ ate that punch like a champ and continued to fight to the final bell unlike your boy who resorted to panic wrestling and was tapped thirty seconds later.

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

And at the end of the day, Cruz and Conor are champions, despite all your rage.

I truly am looking forward to MM putting a beating on Cruz.

Just hold on to that belt for another year. MM will be the first holder of two UFC belts simultaneously.
MM already got whupped & has said he isn't interested in a rematch

I'd like to see Dom defend his belt against a few more guys who can reach his head before talking like this, cuz right now that list is at one which he won by split decision.

I think ravden's major gripe with Cruz is he beat his two favorite fighters. Took Mighty Mouse (I met him today) to suplex city, and beat tj after a huge layoff from a bunch of surgeries on his knees.

I honestly can't see why someone who is so in love with these manlet divisions, can watch Dom and not like his style. I've watched him for years and still get excited when he fights. Dude is masterful in that cage.

I think ravden's major gripe with Cruz is he beat his two favorite fighters. Took Mighty Mouse (I met him today) to suplex city, and beat tj after a huge layoff from a bunch of surgeries on his knees.

I honestly can't see why someone who is so in love with these manlet divisions, can watch Dom and not like his style. I've watched him for years and still get excited when he fights. Dude is masterful in that cage.
Aren't you the same guy who thinks Mighty Mouse is boring?

Yea I can understand why you'd like Cruz but not DJ who basically does everything Dom is good at only is more aggressive and a better finisher. Talk about making no sense. You wanna know what would make me like Cruz more? if he fought like Mighty Mouse and actually brought something new to the table every fight instead of the same ol' dance routine for the past ten years.

Last edited:
the guy he beat after a year layoff, his 2nd fight in almost 4 years. yeah that guy cant hang with Cruz. He had the best chance to beat him, and he failed
Yeah, so he's incapable of making any adjustments & winning. Lol.

War Cruz. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Aldo having a super fight. Hell, it would even be enjoyable watching him humiliate Conor in the fight and the trash talk.

And at the end of the day, Cruz and Conor are champions, despite all your rage.

You're not a True champ until you defend your belt at least once. That means Werdum, Rockhold, Holly, Tate and many before gtfo. But at least they tried to defend unlike Conor.

You guys need to just appreciate the diversity of Cruz as a fighter and him as a personality. I never thought he was coming back and that if he somehow did, was never going to be relevant. Him back and fighting well is a gift to us.

If he never wins another fight, he's accomplished more than most and a lot more than many ever thought he was capable of.

I'm a salty Faber fan and I always will be, but Cruz's ability to rustle the jimmies has made me a fan of his.

Edit: his injuries/comeback is also an awesome piece of MMA history too

I doubt Cruz will be successful at 145. He's the bigger guy at 135, hopping up to 145, he no longer has the length advantage and I think his fight strategy utilizes that.

I can appreciate Cruz for his innovation with his footwork, coming back from two bad injuries and his impressive record. I'm sort of conflicted, thought, with his style of fighting. Obviously he's a very clever fighter and even now, his opponents can't figure him out. Maybe it was the last Faber fight that made me think 'it's the same old same old' but that fight bored me to tears.

It's easy to sit here and give an armchair analysis as I'm not the one in there having someone potentially crack me in the skull, but Faber played a part in that fight being not exactly easy on the eye, when he knew he was clearly down on the score cards and didn't try to be more aggressive. It seemed like he wanted to survive and not risk getting countered.

I'd like to see him rematch Dillashaw. And if he wins that, maybe Garbrandt if he beats Mizugaki. Then maybe make a full time move up to 145. I just don't see the UFC letting him hold on to his belt and fighting at 145 at the same time.

Lucifer Alpha, i'm going to need you to please stop trolling in every Dom thread... It's the same shit every time.

<38>

PS: For those reading, Dominick Cruz suffered from Plantar fasciitis (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/plantar-fasciitis/basics/definition/con-20025664) in time before the fight with TJ Dillishaw, making his come back victory all the more impressive, truly a great fighter.

Plantar fasciitis is no joke: I had it for over a year because of a hiking trip I went on (long story short, wore bad shoes for the hike, came back home with the strangest soreness in my foot. Sure enough, my doctor confirmed. And it fucking sucked. Couldn't bend my big toe, and had to be ginger on my left foot for months.)

For Cruz, this really came into play around the 4th round if my memory serves me (he was interviewed regarding what had happened). Still he was able to maintain, and gut out the decision victory.

Meanwhile, Dillishaw and his (rather interesting) fanbase have been salty ever since. Good grief.

(Source: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Do...nee-Hindered-Movement-in-Dillashaw-Bout-98711)
Dom was also still coming off recovery & had no strength & conditioning for that camp where as he did for the third Faber fight & we saw the difference.

I truly am looking forward to MM putting a beating on Cruz.

Just hold on to that belt for another year. MM will be the first holder of two UFC belts simultaneously.
Right... ;)

dominick-cruz-suplexes-demetrious-johnson-during-the-ufc-on-versus-picture-id127843649

I doubt Cruz will be successful at 145. He's the bigger guy at 135, hopping up to 145, he no longer has the length advantage and I think his fight strategy utilizes that.
Dominick's style was created to fight bigger guys(which he did when he started MMA at LW & FW). He would do just fine.

Half the writers say Dillishaw won. was a split decision anyway. I thought it a draw. he needs to rematch Dillishaw and fight Garbrandt to say that. That Faber fight was a pathetic money grab which kinda soured me on him.

Back