Dominick Cruz: "Doing what I did kind of pissed everybody off I think"

D

Drake

dominick-cruz-waits-in-between-rounds-during-the-ufc-199-event-at-the-picture-id538147404

Dominick Cruz said:
“I cleaned out the division once already before I got injured,” Cruz told MMAjunkie Radio. “I had beat everybody. They started a new weight class at 125 pounds. A lot of guys dropped down because I had faced everybody at 135 at that point. Once I got hurt, it kind of put a blank in that area, and it allowed these guys to fight for it and fight to see who the next-best guy in the division is.
“I’m here to clean out the division. All these guys want to talk, but I don’t think any of them can hang with me. None of them. If I can’t clean out the division, then I want a big fight and try to bring the belts together at 145 possibly.”

“What it comes down to is understanding that coming back and doing what I did kind of pissed everybody off I think more than anything,” Cruz said. “You never heard any of these guys calling out any other 135-pounder in the history of the division. Much less, where were these guys talking while I was out? That’s the way I view this situation. I go, ‘Who was the last person to get called out at 135 pounds while I was injured the past four years analyzing on FOX?’

“I was begging for these guys to talk to each other so we could build a division even while I was hurt. They wouldn’t do it. Now I come back, I beat these guys up, and now everyone has something to say, everyone has an idea. I’m scared of everybody all of a sudden. I’m running from everybody all of a sudden. Everybody can knock me out, but nobody could knock out the other guys while I was gone. It’s just ironic. It’s weird how things work. I basically taught everybody to grow a pair and start running their mouth is what happened.”

“You look at the division, and I’m facing the best guys,” Cruz said. “Every time I fight, I’m fighting the next-best guy in the division, according to rankings.”

Link

The ultimate MMA genius. Cruz bless.

Came for 'had Fox pay the judges'

GOAT Cruz laying so many smacks down that Kellogg's had to beg him to stop because it was hurting sales.

I like Dom's ambition

wouldn't mind seeing him facing Aldo\McGregor for the belt

he's right about none of the rest of them being able to hang with him, if any champion deserves a "super" fight its Dom

Not his biggest fan, but he's a great fighter and the champ.

Him fighting for the 145 belt would be awesome. There are several good matchups there. Maybe before he goes he can give MM another shot.

D. Johnson v D. Cruz: the Mouse v the Rat - Battle for tha $Cheese$

How come his next fight isn't set yet? Do we know who he's fighting? Dillashaw? Lineker? Garbrandt if he gets past Mizugaki?

Alternatively, if Conor decides to do another superfight, they could do an Aldo/Cruz superfight in the meantime.

Edit: Forgot about Frankie Edgar and Marlon Moraes. I don't think Frankie should get an instant shot after the Aldo fight. It isn't like getting a FW shot coming off the Ben Henderson fight, because it was a decisive Aldo win. Moraes could get an instant shot though if he signs.

Last edited:
There's nothing for Cruz at 135, unless Frankie drops down.

That would be a ridiculous fight, the amount of miles they'd put on the canvas will equal a marathon.

Otherwise I'd like to see Cruz move up and fight Aldo and Conor.

Cruz hasn't cleared anything till he fight Garbrandt

Stop ducking cruz

he's right about none of the rest of them being able to hang with him, if any champion deserves a "super" fight its Dom
The guy he beat by split decision couldn't hang with him?

Oh wait, he looked dominant against a 37 year old Faber who barely beat Frankie Saenz and was losing to Cisco who is about to be cut. Cruz totally cleared out his division and proved himself to be on another level after those two performances.

How come his next fight isn't set yet? Do we know who he's fighting? Dillashaw? Lineker? Garbrandt if he gets past Mizugaki?

Alternatively, if Conor decides to do another superfight, they could do an Aldo/Cruz superfight in the meantime.
its probably Dillashaw next

then i'd like to see Caraway vs Lineker to determine the next shot after Gardbrandt if he beats Mizugaki

time to leave the battlefield he laid waste and find a new one to wreak havoc in..

The guy he beat by split decision couldn't hang with him?

Oh wait, he looked dominant against a 37 year old Faber who barely beat Frankie Saenz. Cruz totally cleared out his division and proved himself to be on another level after those two fights.
the guy he beat after a year layoff, his 2nd fight in almost 4 years. yeah that guy cant hang with Cruz. He had the best chance to beat him, and he failed

Back